Transfer targets (11 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

I remember DK saying in an interview that paying substantial add ons to clubs if we get promoted to the Premiership is pennies with the income that suddenly hits the club.
I mean it’s very true and good business sense.

AFCCOVENTRY

Has any club at League 2 level ever sold a striker for more than we sold McNulty for?... Which proved to be a terrible deal for Reading. Genuinely don't know the answer to this. Hard to gage what the market value for the League 2 top goalscorer at 26 would be.

Ollie Watkins went from Exeter to Brentford for £6.5m

Billy Sharp £2.7m from Scunthorpe to Sheffield United

Great_Expectations

Just read ~15 pages to catch up; what a rollercoaster.

Started strong with the ITK back and forth, nosedived with the puns and then steadily rose to the peak with the Langstaff rumour looking pretty likely (based on the NCFC ITK).

Re Langstaff, £2m seems quite high for a soon to be 27 year old L2 striker with limited resale options. Conversely, his goal scoring record is really strong and despite the level they were scored, it shows he’s got a goalscorers instinct. £1/1.5m with a load of add ones would feel better.

slowpoke

L2 is absolutely miles off Championship level and goal scorers particularly have trouble stepping up. Have real doubts about this even at £2m.
So Villa were wrong to spend a few million on Ollie Watkins, Brentford were wrong to pay £6.5 million for Ivan Toney and back in day Leicester were wrong to pay a million for non league Jamie Vardy.

shmmeee

So Villa were wrong to spend a few million on Ollie Watkins, Brentford were wrong to pay £6.5 million for Ivan Toney Villa were wrong paying for Oli Watkins and back in Leicester were wrong to pay a million for non league Jamie Vardy.

I think Villa should have only paid once for Watkins TBH.

You have this weird habit of reading my posts in the strangest way then going mental about your misinterpretation.

slowpoke

I think Villa should have only paid once for Watkins TBH.

You have this weird habit of reading my posts in the strangest way then going mental about your misinterpretation.
Mind you have a point Watkins is 28 & Toney 27 in March.

David O'Day

L2 is absolutely miles off Championship level and goal scorers particularly have trouble stepping up. Have real doubts about this even at £2m.
sign him then, the bedworth reverse nostradamus doesn't fancy him so he is a sure thing

Users who are viewing this thread