Transfer targets (12 Viewers)

shmmeee

If we can get one more 22/23yo CM, and O’Hare on a new deal we’ve traded two outstanding players for 12/13 much better players than we had generally, if not on their level, on long term deals, plus a few decent squad players from what’s left of the old squad.

It looks like we’re running incredibly lean, even with Moore running his contract out, if you take out player out on loan we have 23 first teamers and 11 U23s. Which must be the lowest number of pros in years. So hopefully the wages haven’t spiralled out of control. Just means we have to be lucky with injuries and suspensions.

SeaSeeEffCee

If we can get one more 22/23yo CM, and O’Hare on a new deal we’ve traded two outstanding players for 12/13 much better players than we had generally, if not on their level, on long term deals, plus a few decent squad players from what’s left of the old squad.

It looks like we’re running incredibly lean, even with Moore running his contract out, if you take out player out on loan we have 23 first teamers and 11 U23s. Which must be the lowest number of pros in years. So hopefully the wages haven’t spiralled out of control. Just means we have to be lucky with injuries and suspensions.
Such a ridiculously small squad for this level.

Calista

A big concern last year was that we had no successor to Fadz, who was basically playing alongside a few young loanees.

We’ve now got three permanent centre backs in (Thomas, Lati, Kitching) all of whom have the potential to be leaders in the not too distant future. That’s a massive step forward.

If Binks is here with a view to permanent, throw him into the mix too.

shmmeee

Such a ridiculously small squad for this level.

Well see. 25/26 players used is normal and that includes the odd kid. I think we’ll make more efficient use of the squad this year me hopefully avoid a few niggles we got last year when we were scared to make subs.

Martin180

It’s the joint lowest in the league and lower than it was last season which Robins himself publicly said multiple times was too small 👍🏻
top gear thumbs up GIF

Terry Gibson's perm

We have probably spent more on one player in this window than I thought we would spend across the whole squad, I couldn’t see us spending more than 3-4 on the whole rebuild.

The squad is small but most are decent we haven’t padded it out with Cashman types.

mmttww

It’s the joint lowest in the league and lower than it was last season which Robins himself publicly said multiple times was too small 👍🏻
It's one window. We've signed 11 players.

We lost two players we knew would leave us.

We got excellent fees for both those players.

We're not reliant on loans at all this season.

We nearly got promoted with a squad this size.

We've got more depth in all areas except CM.

We've got a potential star back soon (O'Hare).

We can trust we'll add more in Jan if needed.

Looking for a negative in all that is weird to me.

David O'Day

It's one window. We've signed 11 players.

We lost two players we knew would leave.

We got excellent fees for both of them.

We're not reliant on loans at all this season.

We nearly got promoted with a squad this size.

We've got more depth in all areas except CM.

We've got a potential star to come back (O'Hare).

We can trust we'll add more in Jan if needed.

Looking for a negative in all that is weird.
the main issue with last seasons squad is there was really no one apart from a couple outside the first xi who robins trusted to play or even bring on as a sub

squad depth is far, far better

Bristol sky blue

Would have preferred another midfielder and striker, personally.
I agree, but I get the feeling we would have done so if the right ones had become available for us.

Less worried about midfield than up front, although we have operated a lot with just one striker recently so we should be fine.

Overall, still a decent re-build with potential (ie money left over) to add that couple of players in January.

Sick Boy

I agree, but I get the feeling we would have done so if the right ones had become available for us.

Less worried about midfield than up front, although we have operated a lot with just one striker recently so we should be fine.

Overall, still a decent re-build with potential (ie money left over) to add that couple of players in January.
My concern is if one of the 3 get a long term injury we’re going to have no cover if we stick with 2 up top.

Bristol sky blue

BTW, very pleased we kept Bidwell... and that we did not re-sign Panzo! Nothing to do with Wembley error, just feel Panzo is an excellent athlete, but poor defender. Can be good in the air and can bring the ball out, but poor positional sense - often ball watches - and lacks mental strength (ie once he makes a mistake, he is likely to make many more).

Brighton Sky Blue

Failing to strengthen adequately at DM will be this squad’s Achilles heel when fixtures take their toll. Aside from that however there is the quality on the bench which really wasn’t there last season.

We’ll be able to do this funny thing called rotation a few times too. Just need to hope we avoid injuries to the few DMs we do have.

CCFCSteve

Failing to strengthen adequately at DM will be this squad’s Achilles heel when fixtures take their toll. Aside from that however there is the quality on the bench which really wasn’t there last season.

We’ll be able to do this funny thing called rotation a few times too. Just need to hope we avoid injuries to the few DMs we do have.

Yeah, I think we’re far stronger outside of first 11 and not relying on loans which is important for longer term plans. I reckon we’ll only have issues in midfield/DM if we’re unlucky with injuries or suspensions. Got various players who can do a job there

Deity

A long shot I think but are there any free agents that we might consider a 12 month deal for us to give us more squad depth ??

Johnnythespider

When you look at the players we've shipped out compared to the overall quality of the players we've bought in you have to say it's been a good window, I would have liked another striker and transitional midfielder but that's just me being impatient, my worry is keeping those extra 5000 season ticket holders for the next stage of "The Journey" as a lot will be expecting at least the play offs

Deity

When you look at the players we've shipped out compared to the overall quality of the players we've bought in you have to say it's been a good window, I would have liked another striker and transitional midfielder but that's just me being impatient, my worry is keeping those extra 5000 season ticket holders for the next stage of "The Journey" as a lot will be expecting at least the play offs
Our home form will be key to the new wave of season ticket holders …. Play well, score goals, great atmosphere …. Then I think they will renew regardless of play offs

slowpoke

J Lati can play DM, that’s where he plays for Jamaica.

Balli001

A long shot I think but are there any free agents that we might consider a 12 month deal for us to give us more squad depth ??
Doubt Robins would be interested even if there was. Getting them up to fitness would take a while and it wouldnt be of any great benefit

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, I think we’re far stronger outside of first 11 and not relying on loans which is important for longer term plans. I reckon we’ll only have issues in midfield/DM if we’re unlucky with injuries or suspensions. Got various players who can do a job there
Our play is too slow and predictable with the Sheaf/Cake combination. With time hopefully Ayari can go in there and improve that.

Users who are viewing this thread