Transfer targets (9 Viewers)

TomRad85

Exactly, the arseholes are making themselves known.

We were never going to hang on to Hamer and Vik, but we have an owner who's invested far more of the money received back into the squad than any other, while refusing to panic buy or get ripped off.

And although the squad is smaller, and without its 2 stars, we are undoubtedly better overall, with fewer loans, and more players who can actually compete for starts.

What's the point of a big squad when you end up carrying non playing options like:-

Walker, Waghorn, Reid, Hilsner, Dacosta, Kane, Rose, Dinanga, and Maguire.

And we still have money left to target whatever is needed for a final push in January!
You've accused us of getting ripped off haven't you? You thought we'd been ripped off for Bobby Thomas (absolute bargain) for sure.

SHUNT31

Can't be bothered to go over same arguments again tbh but the idea that literally every single player out there that is capable of coming in and doing well in our midfield is out of our price range is nonsense. If we are now 7 players short of what Robins originally wanted i think its fair to say we've dropped the ball a bit...
Something must of changed. He wouldn’t come out publicly and say he wants X amount more to then only bring in 1.

Boicey

Kitching better hit the ground running as he was written off by many whilst watching a random Barnsley game, the earliest writing off of a signing yet.
I personally am beyond excitement signing an unpopular arsey defender from league 1 Barnsley.
Not excited as you mind.

SBT

Can tell that not many people on here know how to handle a negotiation like Doug - sometimes you have to walk away, and sometimes you have to spend £8 million on Barnsley’s backup centre-half, this is just business at the end of the day.

SkyBlueMatt

£5m too much on Kitching.

£5m is a great deal for Kitching

giphy.gif

Happy_Martian

Why sign kitchin for 5 million surely we could of got mcnally for that.

Hadn't McNally's and Doyle's loan choices been made before we sold Hamer ? We were trying beforehand and can't say I heard anything else after Gus left. So it could all have been down to timing. We never had the cash at the time they were available.

fatso

You've accused us of getting ripped off haven't you? You thought we'd been ripped off for Bobby Thomas (absolute bargain) for sure.
I said £2m was a lot of money for a player who'd never played at championship level.
I stand by that, which is maybe why no one else paid it.

He's been great so far, but like I won't write a player off after 4 games, I also won't get too carried away after 4 games.

As someone once said, the season is a marathon, not a sprint.

Ooh Ah

Kitching is a class act. Was made Barnsley captain at only 23 years of age. He’s clearly got quality attributes and under our management he will only get better

Also releases Lati to DM (current international), 4 in total. Assuming Ayari is a 10, will mean greater connection front and back needed from WB's (looks hopeful), and AM (Ayari plus O'Hare) than last year. Then two up front. Palmer may struggle, still hoping for Bastien loan.

SkyBlueMatt

Also releases Lati to DM (current international), 4 in total. Assuming Ayari is a 10, will mean greater connection front and back needed from WB's (looks hopeful), and AM (Ayari plus O'Hare) than last year. Then two up front. Palmer may struggle, still hoping for Bastien loan.

Schweinsteigers legs have gone, why are we looking at 39 year olds?!?! F*ck sake, what is this club coming to.

skybluecam

Not so sure he will but we will see. Even then, as good as he might be, we should not be relying on a 19 year old loanee as a replacement for a £12m player.
It's where he's played in most of his career appearances so far.

Ayari himself is a £5m player, which is probably the upper end of what we'd have spend on a replacement anyway.

TomRad85

Too many losing their shit . A midfield player on loan then it's been a decent day in my opinion.
If we pull the LCB we've been after all summer and a decent midfielder preferably on perm but even on loan, then yes would be an ok days work.

slowpoke

Then the plan would be to move Lati into midfield if needed.
Lati ahead of McFadz, Thomas and Binks would
still doesn't make sense. 2 players to do the job of 1 in a squad? I get it that Gyo was impressive, but i'd just like a man for man replacement rather than combining 2 and hoping they will both be half of the player........
Have you got a spare 20 million quid then.

Users who are viewing this thread