Transfer targets (7 Viewers)

Barnsley

So Barnsley want £5m, we offer £4m. Surely there is middle ground for a deal to be done.

If Stiles has a £2m get out clause, what about £7m for both? Is that good enough value?
Who says we want £5M maybe he’s just not for sale and CCFC won’t take no for an answer.

Hobo

Interesting how our fans meltdown about needing squad depth. But anybody who hasn't started in the first 4 League games is deemed not to be good enough? 😂

CovLad94

Whys everyone panicking over a lack of CMs, we have Allen to come back, as well as O'Hare to take pressure of Palmer.

CBs wise we are an injury away from having no backup, if Binks comes in, then there's no ready made CBs within the club, we released them all.

Ccfcisparks

It isn’t mutually exclusive to think that Kelly shone in that final run-in but also that he isn’t the dynamic/creative central midfielder we need.
People are saying he’s good enough to play in the midfield. Nobodies mentioning about him not being creative, I think that’s clearly obvious to most people.

Brighton Sky Blue

Walked out of the KP thinking we’d be challenging for at least playoffs and maybe even come close to top two.

Our summer has been disastrous since then. Our squad is smaller than last year without having two of the leagues best players in it.
By position, I’d say we’re only weaker in defensive midfield. Everywhere else is either comparable or stronger.

The problem is that weakness in defensive midfield is really going to be felt when fatigue begins to accumulate. It’s not exactly a position that is kind on stamina either.

SHUNT31

Interesting how our fans meltdown about needing squad depth. But anybody who hasn't started in the first 4 League games is deemed not to be good enough? 😂
Starting 11 is fine. Could argue that Eccles is not quite there yet but apart from that, pretty happy. Maybe another CB too.

You cannot expect to challenge for promotion to PL with Liam Kelly as the only option off the bench in CM.

Samo

But when did we last receive a transfer fee for more than £5m? It’s all relative.

It is, but the club did not have to spend what they already have. And they would probably have spent more if they could get the deals done.

Balli001

Whys everyone panicking over a lack of CMs, we have Allen to come back, as well as O'Hare to take pressure of Palmer.

CBs wise we are an injury away from having no backup, if Binks comes in, then there's no ready made CBs within the club, we released them all.
Exactly. This would give us 4 permanent centre backs plus a loan. We then have a season to find Fadz replacement for next summer

Hobo

Starting 11 is fine. Could argue that Eccles is not quite there yet but apart from that, pretty happy. Maybe another CB too.

You cannot expect to challenge for promotion to PL with Liam Kelly as the only option off the bench in CM.
He won't be though will he.

saveitforthewombles

Not being ungrateful. We were all sold the ‘Join The Journey’ drivel but are arguably worse having received £35m plus in additional revenue and transfer fees. Nothing against DK but there are questions to be asked.

Just because he is not SISU does not mean there shouldn’t be any scrutiny.
haven't received £35mn over time - payments are staggered over years. Granted what we payout will be staggered as well but there are still wages and agents fees to cover on day one. We don't have £35mn just sat in an account waiting to be utilised.

Last edited:

SHUNT31

We have Palmer, Ayari, and then O'Hare and Allen hopefully not too far off
My days, what is it with this forum? 🤣

Palmer, O’Hare and possibly Ayari are not CDM’s. Completely different role to one that Kelly would play. So not relevant.

Allen the only one who would play there but is currently not fit due to a heart issue.

Hertsccfc

By position, I’d say we’re only weaker in defensive midfield. Everywhere else is either comparable or stronger.

The problem is that weakness in defensive midfield is really going to be felt when fatigue begins to accumulate. It’s not exactly a position that is kind on stamina either.
We're clearly weaker in attack too. But selling Hamer and Gyokeres was almost inevitably going to mean we were weaker in midfield and attack.

Last edited:

Happy_Martian

I said the club have worked hard, it was a sarcastic comment.

im not saying they haven’t though, I’m more referring to for all this hard work something should have come to fruition

We are not Manchester United. We are not Chelsea. Players will not just swoon and sign for us. We do not have the same pull as the big clubs. We approach a player and his club. First question will be "Who are you again ?". Second "Which league do you play in ?". Okay, identification established. Now can we offer this potential signing European football ? Can we offer the chance to play against the top players in England ? What can we offer ?

If the player is even interested in a move, we move onto finances. Can we afford the wages without breaking our own wage structure ? How much do the club want in compensation/transfer fee ? Oh, we sold Hamer for £15m recently, so you have a lot of money to spend. Prices just went up. Is DK willing to pay over the odds for a rank and file player ? It's not as easy as armchair fans think.

I can understand the frustration as a lot of this is done behind the scenes and us fans rarely hear anything. But I think it's unfair to say MR, DK and the recruitment team will be sitting back or haven't been putting in enough effort. Not all leads go anywhere. We've been lucky and got 11 players in since July. But it's only 3 weeks since we sold Hamer. And now we're getting closer to a brick wall. Like MR has said today, if a club sells now, they have little chance of getting cover so they're less likely to sell. So clubs are holding their ground more and more (like Barnsley with Kitching).

If we don't get anyone today, it won't be for lack of trying on behalf of the club.

skybluecam

My days, what is it with this forum? 🤣

Palmer, O’Hare and possibly Ayari are not CDM’s. Completely different role to one that Kelly would play. So not relevant.

Allen the only one who would play there but is currently not fit due to a heart issue.
Ayari will play there.

Loughborough Sky Blue

Providing Kitching does come in we have 2 players for every position except one centre back spot, plus a spare in Jamie Allen. That's without even including a couple of fringe players coming through such as Rus/Eghosa. Not to mention players who are comfortable playing in other positions (Ayari appears capable of playing anywhere across the middle, as does Tats. Lati plays DCM internationally). Sure a couple of them are injured and a couple might not be quite the standard we want, but I don't think that's a bad squad - certainly not worth the suicidal posts on here!
1693580624667.png

BlueSkiesForever

I’ll be gobsmacked if this mysterious last signing isn’t Kitching. Andy Turner reporting that a CB more likely than a CM now, Brekalo’s saying no, the only player we have unfinished business with is Kitching, really hope it’s someone better but I’m sure it’ll be him if we sign anyone at all.
Not worth the £5m btw, would be better if we kept the money in my view.

SHUNT31

Not so sure he will but we will see. Even then, as good as he might be, we should not be relying on a 19 year old loanee as a replacement for a £12m player.
Just to add to this, an additional CB would mean that Lati could play CDM if needed.

Matt smith

I’ll be gobsmacked if this mysterious last signing isn’t Kitching. Andy Turner reporting that a CB more likely than a CM now, Brekalo’s saying no, the only player we have unfinished business with is Kitching, really hope it’s someone better but I’m sure it’ll be him if we sign anyone at all.
Not worth the £5m btw, would be better if we kept the money in my view.
If robins wants him, then you have to trust him on that.

BlueSkiesForever

If robins wants him, then you have to trust him on that.
Yeah fairs, I suppose he must be half decent if Robins thinks he is but the £5m valuation puts me off. People say we shouldn’t be frivolous with our cash when spending it on a quality CM but then are sound with spending £5m on some geezer from league one 🤣 (Not saying that’s you btw, just saying some people have argued we don’t need another CM and should save the cash, which I completely disagree with.)

Users who are viewing this thread