Transfer targets (8 Viewers)

fatso

Bar Sheaf, Callum and Ayari that midfield is average at best. Take them 3 out that's a relegation battling midfield
You do realise we only play 3 midfielders, so what your saying is we already have the perfect midfield.

And we'd still have Palmer, Eccles, Sakamoto, Allen and Kelly all sat on the bench or sat in the stands watching.

How much money do you want us to splash out on more subs?

Brighton Sky Blue

You do realise we only play 3 midfielders, so what your saying is we already have the perfect midfield.

And we'd still have Palmer, Eccles, Sakamoto, Allen and Kelly all sat on the bench or sat in the stands watching.

If people still haven’t learned from the last 2 seasons why squad depth matters, where have they been?

Manchester_sky_blue

If you are completely unprepared for it then that is likely yes.
Clearly they weren't unprepared. MR even alluded to alternative targets being looked at before Gus had even left. I'm not convinced that MR doesn't plan to use Ayari in the Hamer role anyway, that seemed to be the consensus when he signed. He played half a game further forward and that idea seems to have been written off completely.

fatso

So we'd agree we have more than enough cover in midfield already then, so no need to add to it.
You've proved my point.
As I've pointed out, we already have 8 players competing for 3 places!

Exactly how many more do you think we need? What ain't you grasping?

Saddlebrains

None of them apart from the 3 mentioned are top 6 championship material and il die on that hill

TomRad85

Clearly they weren't unprepared. MR even alluded to alternative targets being looked at before Gus had even left. I'm not convinced that MR doesn't plan to use Ayari in the Hamer role anyway, that seemed to be the consensus when he signed. He played half a game further forward and that idea seems to have been written off completely.
I'm sure he'll play there a bit, seems a good player. Could be wrong but pretty sure even since he came in Robins said we need to bring someone in to do what Gus did, basically.

fatso

None of them apart from the 3 mentioned are top 6 championship material and il die on that hill
But we only play 3 !!!!!!!

Ffs man get your head around it.

The other 5 are adequate for cover as and when needed.

Palmer was even m.o.m last week.
Eccles is getting better all the time,
Sakamoto looks a real find,
Kelly is club captain.
Allen gives us energy and goals.

Briles

I'm sure he'll play there a bit, seems a good player. Could be wrong but pretty sure even since he came in Robins said we need to bring someone in to do what Gus did, basically.

He did say we need two to replace him and was straight on ayari for not running enough

Manchester_sky_blue

I don't disagree it would be nice to have a more like for like replacement for Hamer to add to the midfield but I don't think it's a massive disaster if we don't. I also don't think we should roll over and pay silly fees or break our wage structure for the sake of it.

SBT

Swift not happening according to turner …
sad taylor swift GIF

robbiethemole

Fuck bedwetting, it’s nearly time to shit it. Looks like others are signing players, Panzo to Cardiff ffs, we look to have stalled on signings. I hope that’s not it for this window or it be a very disappointed mole for the foreseeable.

mark82

Look lads if we had 16 players unavailable at any one point the squad looks pretty weak so I'm really cross at this eventuality not being fully mitigated

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
The one slight concern I have is that squad depth was a slight issue last year (although we still overcame it). Don't see that changing this year.

Feel like it's been a good transfer window on the whole, other than not replacing Hamer (so far). Think Ayari can probably play that role, but I'd like someone who was our player at least as development.

Manchester_sky_blue

If we sign a midfielder I’ll be content.

im sorry you can’t justify not replacing hamer adequately we sold him 3 weeks ago
Of course you can justify it. Footballers aren't slaves, you can't force them to move if they don't want to and thankfully we have moved beyond the dark days of buying anyone who was available just to make up the numbers.

What isn't justifiable is the assertion that the club have sat around scratching their arseholes for the last 3 weeks in the hopes a midfielder might appear magically in a burst of rainbows.

Briles

The one slight concern I have is that squad depth was a slight issue last year (although we still overcame it). Don't see that changing this year.

Feel like it's been a good transfer window on the whole, other than not replacing Hamer (so far). Think Ayari can probably play that role, but I'd like someone who was our player at least as development.

Thing is we were quite lucky with injuries last year bar Ohare. So the 1st eleven was constant which defo helped. Especially in defence. Have to hope for the same this season if no more in

fernandopartridge

Our biggest area of squad weakness was attack and attacking midfield with both needing players out of position at times, both addressed.

Centre back cover is the other area which isn't addressed yet.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

procdoc

According to someone I know who in the past has knew stuff Lewis Baker is coming in and Bidwell is going to Brum. I hope he’s bullshitting

Matt smith

Of course you can justify it. Footballers aren't slaves, you can't force them to move if they don't want to and thankfully we have moved beyond the dark days of buying anyone who was available just to make up the numbers.

What isn't justifiable is the assertion that the club have sat around scratching their arseholes for the last 3 weeks in the hopes a midfielder might appear magically in a burst of rainbows.
I’m sorry, you can’t.

I’m not saying the club have been, but it should have been sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread