Transfer targets (6 Viewers)

JSL

So is Samuel Bastien likely to get in the team? Is he any better than Josh Eccles for instance?

TomRad85

It seems that Kitching and Styles (actually seen him a few times and been impressed!) are already judged as poor value before they even get the chance of a game!

I mean some will have seen them and then it's great (I always said we should have signed Earnshaw rather than Haworth and how right was I!) bit it's a bit harsh to decide on a name and a trend.
I'd like us to bring Styles in, for the rumoured 2 million its always felt like a no brainer to me.

shmmeee

Samuel Bastien Characteristics​

+ Strengths​

Holding on to the ball

Strong

- Weaknesses​

Tackling

Very Weak

Passing

Weak

Aerial Duels

Weak

Crossing

Weak

Finishing

Weak

Defensive contribution

Weak

Samuel Bastien's Style of Play​

Likes to cut inside

Indirect set-piece threat

Does not dive into tackles

From Whoscored

Im out again

Macca1987

From his 20 min cameo role last Saturday I want to see more of him, he needs to get up to speed with how we play and what kind of play MR wants from him

fatso

It seems that Kitching and Styles (actually seen him a few times and been impressed!) are already judged as poor value before they even get the chance of a game!

I mean some will have seen them and then it's great (I always said we should have signed Earnshaw rather than Haworth and how right was I!) bit it's a bit harsh to decide on a name and a trend.
Styles is said to have £2m release clause, if that's true, that would be very good value.

Kitching's price appears to be going up the closer we get to deadline time, that's not good value.

People need to get over their mad buying frenzy, luckily Doug seems a man to exercise common sense.

SlowerThanPlatt

Styles is said to have £2m release clause, if that's true, that would be very good value.
Maybe I’m missing something but wouldn’t the fact the release clause has been active since the summer (?) with no club reported meeting it, show the opposite it not being good value?

Briles

It’s more than a guess.

wages are likely the issue ….. needs a pay off from West Brom to proceed I would guess

As Brom got him on a free a quick high profit might be likely given they're a bit skint

mark82

I'm genuinely surprised nobody's signed him yet. Then again I'm basing that if ff guess Barnsley performances and I guess his loan spell with Millwall doesn't look that impressive
Yeah, was always impressed with him for Barnsley. Would at least be good as a versatile squad player in my eyes.

Deity

As Brom got him on a free a quick high profit might be likely given they're a bit skint

if you recall last summer they made a few high profile free transfers and paid big wages to get them …. It was a promotion gamble …. Didn’t pay off ….

Very few Championship clubs can match the wages so West Brom would need to use part of the transfer fee to pay off In this case Swift.

fatso

Maybe I’m missing something but wouldn’t the fact the release clause has been active since the summer (?) with no club reported meeting it, show the opposite it not being good value?
Maybe he's asking for too much money, or is holding out for a Premier league club, but yea, strange that he hasn't moved on, I'd be surprised if he stays at Barnsley much longer, surely he has more ambition.

shmmeee

Aside from anything else. By my maths we’ve got £8-9m left of the Gus money (over counted Vik by £3m), and dropping more than half of that on a CB seems like the wrong priority.

SlowerThanPlatt

if you recall last summer they made a few high profile free transfers and paid big wages to get them …. It was a promotion gamble …. Didn’t pay off ….

Very few Championship clubs can match the wages so West Brom would need to use part of the transfer fee to pay off In this case Swift.
So are we trying to sign him or not?

fatso

I'd take Jack Clarke from Sunderland,
He's mainly played as a winger, but has the quality to play as a AM or a striker.
And apparently could be on the move today.

Sky Blue Harry H

Aside from anything else. By my maths we’ve got £8-9m left of the Gus money (over counted Vik by £3m), and dropping more than half of that on a CB seems like the wrong priority.

What have you allowed for your salary calculations, in calculating that figure?

Briles

He's mainly played as a winger, but has the quality to play as a AM or a striker.

Burnley had 10m rejected not long ago

Briles

I don’t give a fuck about Swift or West Brom’s finances unless there is an actual rumour of Swift signing for us

Why so angry?

Sky Blue Harry H

Mmmmmmm - think you need a dose of reality. He'll only go to a PL club, or 'just relegated from the PL' team (and for £10m minimum)

Users who are viewing this thread