Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

shmmeee

Eccles started every game after we lost at West Brom on 1st Feb. We only lost one of those games. Hardly a squad player given both Sheaf and Hamer played alongside him for many of those.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Im not concerned about Eccles general quality, just how the team will adjust to play without someone like Hamer in the side. We look very pedestrian in possession so far in comparison to last season. Defences are far better set when we get into the final third and that’s hampering the strikers. I think if we don’t sign a CM Robins will need to look at changing how we play a bit, maybe a slight formation change to get the best out of this squad.

TomRad85

Honestly go and enjoy your day instead of whining on here

You know something...
James Franco Flirt GIF

shmmeee

Wilson
Fadz
MvE Sheaf Dasilva
Sakamoto Palmer O’Hare Ayari Swift
Simms

Welcome your new look sky blues.

Edit: was a man down

Briles

Wilson
Fadz
MvE Sheaf Dasilva
Sakamoto Palmer Ayari Swift
Simms

Welcome your new look sky blues.
Absolute filth that'd be

NorthernWisdom

Im not concerned about Eccles general quality, just how the team will adjust to play without someone like Hamer in the side. We look very pedestrian in possession so far in comparison to last season. Defences are far better set when we get into the final third and that’s hampering the strikers. I think if we don’t sign a CM Robins will need to look at changing how we play a bit, maybe a slight formation change to get the best out of this squad.
Yeah we need somebody to drive forward and link the areas of the pitch together.

Fwiw I'd be quite happy with Styles!

fernandopartridge

I don't disagree at all but just find the writing off of players who made a decent contribution to making the play offs last season pathetic. I think we are going to have to adapt but we've got players who should be capable of it.

BlueSkiesForever

I get the feeling the final signing is just going to be Liam Kitching, someone that we don’t really need and is quite overpriced.
When King says that we’re trying to get this last player over the line you assume that it’s someone they’ve already been dealing with, I can see Barnsley trying to hold firm and us throwing everything at it.

Hertsccfc

Eccles started every game after we lost at West Brom on 1st Feb. We only lost one of those games. Hardly a squad player given both Sheaf and Hamer played alongside him for many of those.

He played most games from October and has arguably been our best player so far this season. He isn't Hamer but he is a really good player and will almost certainly play most games this season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Was an obvious tactic change after O'Hare injury and we had pretty much no attacking midfielders due to Palmer and Allen injured or lacking fitness. Definition of a squad player, stepping up because you can't play your strongest team or preferred formation due to injuries and suspension.

Yea he did ok playing alongside sheaf and hamer in central midfield but it looks like the plan this season is to play a midfield, which Eccles wouldn't have made the cut for a midfield 2 last season in our strongest team.

Manchester_sky_blue

Was an obvious tactic change after O'Hare injury and we had pretty much no attacking midfielders due to Palmer and Allen injured or lacking fitness. Definition of a squad player, stepping up because you can't play your strongest team or preferred formation due to injuries and suspension.

Yea he did ok playing alongside sheaf and hamer in central midfield but it looks like the plan this season is to play a midfield, which Eccles wouldn't have made the cut for a midfield 2 last season in our strongest team.
Entirely different team though isn't it. Different formation with 2 up top, a lot more possession and less counter attack. Our entire game plan has changed.

SBT

If we do miss out on a midfielder then I can see us playing the box formation again with Ayari and Sakamoto behind Simms/Wright
Sounds like a terribly inefficient way to make use of players that we’ve spent ~£12 million on.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Entirely different team though isn't it. Different formation with 2 up top, a lot more possession and less counter attack. Our entire game plan has changed.
Make it even more worrying as I don't think that's playing to Eccles strengths if we are trying to play more possession and less counter attack this season.

gspotgaz

Whatever we’re thinking, Robins will clearly know too he’s not daft.

I can imagine we’re being quoted absolutely obscene prices for players (that will genuinely improve us not squad fillers).

Users who are viewing this thread