Transfer targets (19 Viewers)

Barnsley

Think he was referring to Bobby Thomas
Both has good has each other. But different types of player, kitchen is and animal, bully’s strikers, Thomas has more finesse about him, but in my opinion they complement each other perfectly, but I’m judging them on league one performances.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Talk of Bali Mumba potentially being able to join Plymouth on a permanent. If that's a chance I would be dissapointed if we didn't try beat them for him. Cracking player, fits the model, attacking wingback either side. Would be ideal.

I watched him in the Papa John's Final against Bolton and he was the worst player on the pitch by an absolute mile. Plymouth were down two goals after ten minutes, and lost 4-0 overall. He was at fault for at least two of the goals and all the Plymouth fans around me were screaming at the manager to get him subbed out. Maybe it was a one off, but I wouldn't go anywhere near him after watching that!

skyblueelephant76

Talk of Bali Mumba potentially being able to join Plymouth on a permanent. If that's a chance I would be dissapointed if we didn't try beat them for him. Cracking player, fits the model, attacking wingback either side. Would be ideal.
He's signed for them, just over £1m

CovLis86

I watched him in the Papa John's Final against Bolton and he was the worst player on the pitch by an absolute mile. Plymouth were down two goals after ten minutes, and lost 4-0 overall. He was at fault for at least two of the goals and all the Plymouth fans around me were screaming at the manager to get him subbed out. Maybe it was a one off, but I wouldn't go anywhere near him after watching that!
I think Plymouth were absolutely abysmal that day full stop to every player.

My friend is a season ticket holder and raved about him. He also got young player, and players player of the season. So can't be all bad.

It's by the by, he's signed for them for rumoured 800k so will see how that plays out. For that price and potential, think he would have been a good pickup.

procdoc

I think Plymouth were absolutely abysmal that day full stop to every player.

My friend is a season ticket holder and raved about him. He also got young player, and players player of the season. So can't be all bad.

It's by the by, he's signed for them for rumoured 800k so will see how that plays out. For that price and potential, think he would have been a good pickup.
Robins clearly has much better lined up

Calista

Get through all the guff, shit adverts, bollocks layout and pop ups, and get 5 words from MR at the bottom. Genius
Yeah the website’s almost unusable, and standards have dropped. But there’s an interesting piece on there where the local Barnsley reporter gives an assessment of Bobby Thomas.

I think the abuse/disrespect given to Andy Turner by some on here is a bit much (not picking out your post as the worst example). Can't help feeling journos these days have it tough because social media (where there is carte blanche to post endless dross) has badly eroded their position. There seem to be signs that the club is engaging a bit more with the Cov Telegraph lately, and I for one would welcome it if they built a really strong connection like in the old days of the Pink etc.

JimmyHillsbeard

I bet a calls gone into Blackburn to enquire about him!!

Would not surprise me at all.

I’d be amazed. Even if it was a good idea, I really think we simply wouldn’t be able to compete with his price value and wages which are significantly higher than a year ago.

He doubled his wages at Blackburn on signing. Over the year he was their player of the season, frequently made captain and became a full international.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yeah the website’s almost unusable, and standards have dropped. But there’s an interesting piece on there where the local Barnsley reporter gives an assessment of Bobby Thomas.

I think the abuse/disrespect given to Andy Turner by some on here is a bit much (not picking out your post as the worst example). Can't help feeling journos these days have it tough because social media (where there is carte blanche to post endless dross) has badly eroded their position. There seem to be signs that the club is engaging a bit more with the Cov Telegraph lately, and I for one would welcome it if they built a really strong connection like in the old days of the Pink etc.
Nah the telegraph nailed itself to the Wasps Flag.

hope it goes bust 2bh. Deserve it for the shit it gave the club

Deity

Nah the telegraph nailed itself to the Wasps Flag.

hope it goes bust 2bh. Deserve it for the shit it gave the club
What a twat. Yeh that will do Cov and the area the world of good. 🙄

Let’s not forget once you are below the top 2 tiers of English football your local paper is about the only place you get decent coverage of your club.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

What a twat. Yeh that will do Cov and the area the world of good. 🙄

Let’s not forget once you are below the top 2 tiers of English football your local paper is about the only place you get decent coverage of your club.
They threw us aside, pedalled the pro-wasp ideals that we were solely at fault. They pushed the division of the fanbase and contributed to the civil war within the club.

the Coventry observer did more for the club than the telegraph ever did during that time.

we only get decent coverage now because they backed the wrong horse and have slimed back

Deity

They threw us aside, pedalled the pro-wasp ideals that we were solely at fault. They pushed the division of the fanbase and contributed to the civil war within the club.

the Coventry observer did more for the club than the telegraph ever did during that time.

we only get decent coverage now because they backed the wrong horse and have slimed back
True if your memory is only 10 years long, for those fans with longer memories the CET was our only insight into the club when the nationals largely ignored us.

The Pink, The season reviews, the pre season specials were always really enjoyable.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

True if your memory is only 10 years long, for those fans with longer memories the CET was our only insight into the club when the nationals largely ignored us.

The Pink, The season reviews, the pre season specials were always really enjoyable.
Which is fine - I’m old enough to catch the end of the Pink. But ultimately it’s hard to forget that the last 10 years coincided with the near death of our club. The telegraph were part of that - I’ll never forget or forgive that.

They threw us aside in favour of a London Rugby team, why should I forgive that?

CDK

The days of the pink picking it up from away trips and read throughout front to back cover in the week till the next sat night edition.the social media has destroyed local football journos.
The telegraph sided with the council and the insects so understand the feelings of city fans.

Terry Gibson's perm

The days of the pink picking it up from away trips and read throughout front to back cover in the week till the next sat night edition.the social media has destroyed local football journos.
The telegraph sided with the council and the insects so understand the feelings of city fans.

The Pink was also good for local football and I think even the Citizen used to put some of the minor league tables in it. As a young player it was a great honour to have your picture in the pink

Frostie

Not just the fans either. The club themselves barely even give the Telegraph the time of day now, hence why Andy Turner's "exclusives" are what he's read on Twitter or on here.

AFCCOVENTRY

Interesting reading that not many frees available for Champ clubs now and clubs will be going after the same loan players from the Prem. Toughest transfer window in a while. On that basis, our signings so far have been great. Lucky to have cash from the Vik sale.

slowpoke

Interesting reading that not many frees available for Champ clubs now and clubs will be going after the same loan players from the Prem. Toughest transfer window in a while. On that basis, our signings so far have been great. Lucky to have cash from the Vik sale.
And more to come with the baulk of the Gyo fee still in the bank, I think our position is as good if not better than most others in the division.

fernandopartridge

Not just the fans either. The club themselves barely even give the Telegraph the time of day now, hence why Andy Turner's "exclusives" are what he's read on Twitter or on here.
The club probably also see that the telegraph has limited reach now even compared with their own social media channels, a bit of an irrelevance.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Deity

The club probably also see that the telegraph has limited reach now even compared with their own social media channels, a bit of an irrelevance.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
More importantly the club will want to own us as customers, rather than the local paper doing it. They will want to break the news, get manager and player reactions quickest etc …. It’s a real challenge for local papers .

Sadly the days of local journos building relationships that enabled them to break stories ahead of the club wanting them to are long gone

Balli001

Collins / Wilson
Bidwell
Thomas
Fadz
Lati
Sakamoto
Hamer
Sheaf
Palmer
Godden
Simms

This the starting 11 ATM would we say ?
Probably agree though Dasilva could easily be in for Bidwell, who had a very good game at centre back today

Users who are viewing this thread