Transfer targets (12 Viewers)

CovLad94

Surely there has to be some movement or incomings this week, going into preseason with one centre back and 1 striker. I'm not one to panic but need some bodies in to back DKs motives.

Balli001

Bar last summer, there's often a flurry of activity in the first week of July. The lack of activity isn't really anything to be concerned about.
I agree. The first friendly isnt for another 2 weeks. Obviously the beginning of pre season is more preferable but as long as they are her for the opening game it doesnt make much difference

CovLad94

Bar last summer, there's often a flurry of activity in the first week of July. The lack of activity isn't really anything to be concerned about.
I'm not generally concerned, just though its a bigger job this time round, need upwards of 10 signings, and all we've got is a missed target, need something to steady the nerves and see some ambition.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I'm not generally concerned, just though its a bigger job this time round, need upwards of 10 signings, and all we've got is a missed target, need something to steady the nerves and see some ambition.

Ideally we'd have as many bodies in as possible for the trip to Portugal but due to the difficulty in recruiting in this division that was always going to be a tall order. It'll likely be a long window but hopefully Robins will have at least the vast majority of his ducks in a row come the end of August.

Deity

I was talking to the CEO of an EFL club today. He said that outside of the Premier League there is next to know money knocking around the leagues. Clubs are trying to persuade agents to be realistic but they are not listening …. Hence why there are not many deals getting done full stop.

He believes a lot of players will enter Sept without a club having been badly advised by their agents.

Last edited:

djr8369

I was talking to the CEO of an EFL club today. He said that outside of the Premier League there is next to know money knocking around the leagues. Clubs are trying to persuade agents to be realistic but they are not listening …. Hence why there are not many desks getting done full stop.

He believes a lot of players will enter Sept without a club having been badly advised by their agents.
Didn’t we see that to an extent last season? Maybe hasn’t really sunk in yet

Hobo

Clubs will be contending with interest rates on overdrafts and loans. Plus the rise in cost of gas and electricity on top of the COVID overhang.

So outside the Premier League I can't see too much money being chucked about.

SlowerThanPlatt

Daniel Johnson released by PNE, good player at this level, would be a good signing
He rejected a contract not released so it’s unlikely he’s coming here.

Josh Onomah more our bag anyway, highly rated youngster with Spurs and England but didn’t reach the heights expected.

slowpoke

Clubs will be contending with interest rates on overdrafts and loans. Plus the rise in cost of gas and electricity on top of the COVID overhang.

So outside the Premier League I can't see too much money being chucked about.
Clubs outside the premier especially those not long out of the premier and parachute money coming to an end are desperate to reduce their wage bill.
Strangely we are a bit opposite with what will be an increased budget but that still needs to be controlled there have been a number of increased contract offered and signed.
King will work within a controlled budget and so he must.

Hobo

Clubs outside the premier especially those not long out of the premier and parachute money coming to an end are desperate to reduce their wage bill.
Strangely we are a bit opposite with what will be an increased budget but that still needs to be controlled there have been a number of increased contract offered and signed.
King will work within a controlled budget and so he must.

Yes although I still think our budget will be pretty modest because it is obvious we are paying more for the stadium and perhaps getting less food and drink money. Unless we sell Vik and then that changes the managers budget.

Deity

Where do people get this idea that pay as you play still exists? I’m not sure there’s been a pay as you play deal made in the last decade, maybe two at this level?
I think people don’t literally mean pay as you play but rather a package that is more incentivise around playing. They very much do still exist.

SleepyGinger

We’re not going to get a like for like replacement for Gyokeres, I think he’d be a good signing. Just hope Duff doesn’t want to keep him as he didn’t seem to be in Martins plans

Matt smith

We’re not going to get a like for like replacement for Gyokeres, I think he’d be a good signing. Just hope Duff doesn’t want to keep him as he didn’t seem to be in Martins plans
He would be good addition, but as the second striker

not the first choice striker ie the vik replacement

Martin180

I think the whole issue is we won't replace Vik or his goals , unless we are incredibly fortunate. The wider issue needs to be making sure our back up striker/s are an improvement on Waghorn and Walker

djr8369

surely he’d be getting signed to play as a 10 or with someone
Seems a bit odd when we have Palmer, COH to come back and Allen as back up, when we are more desperate in other positions. If players are lined up for those other positions then fair enough.

Matt smith

Seems a bit odd when we have Palmer, COH to come back and Allen as back up, when we are more desperate in other positions. If players are lined up for those other positions then fair enough.
Still think we need another option there, Allen isn’t good enough to be a frontline starter week in week out in my opinion

great squad player though

djr8369

Still think we need another option there, Allen isn’t good enough to be a frontline starter week in week out in my opinion

great squad player though
Yeah I don’t disagree but then other positions need filling or cover more urgently. If we were looking for someone else there I’d expect a cheap kid or loan.

Users who are viewing this thread