Transfer targets (38 Viewers)

Skybluedownunder

But yeah, if we can keep Vik & Gus 4-5 soild editions may be enough. You certainly wouldn't want to spend every drop like Forest did upon promotion! Saying that if we could get in a player of Gibbs-White quality I'd be buzzing

If we could get £25m for Gyokeres I honestly wouldn’t be against selling him and reinvesting that money better across the whole squad to give ourselves a better chance of staying up if we were to get promoted by strengthening all areas.

Hamer you could potentially talk into a new contract and he’s worth less to a potential buyer, keep him on a longer deal and he can show his skills for us and if we go down then he would be the one we would have to sell at that point.

We’ve seen it plenty of times where clubs sell a star player but then actually do better by spending that money across the team like when Liverpool sold Coutinho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

procdoc

My Man Utd supporting work mates reckon they will sign a couple of attackers so they will end up loaning Gamacho out, never going to happen but would be nice!

skyblue025

Remember if we go up we can only have 2 domestic loans not the 5 we enjoy now. On the + side it means we are going to get more permanent signings.

shmmeee

Id keep Vik for a season, though if he flops maybe this is his peak. All dependent on him signing a new deal though. Otherwise we have to sell really. Can’t throw £25m down the drain.

rob9872

I wouldn't waste the money. Well likely bd relegated and saddled with overpriced high wages who have no affinity. Our first XI (assuming we sign or a couple and reloan Doyle) isn't too shabby and would be enhanced by a couple of higher calibre loans. Managers trust Robins and Adi's connections mean we should get earlier pickings. If that's not enough then we ho gown stronger not saddled with high earners and have parachute payments to come back stronger. I'd expect relegation, wouldn't call for Robins to be sacked if we were still winless at Christmas and treat anything else as unexpected bonus.

rob9872

If I was buying I'd look at champ players and overseas. From yhd champ I'd go for Alex Scott, Jack Clarke and try to get Sam McCallum back.

robbiekeane

I don’t think they would fall into the trap of buying overpriced high wage journeymen. I think we’d invest in young high potential players

slowpoke

It’s a whole different ball game buying players for the prem & suddenly players we never thought of become gettable, take for example Leicester, come this weekend they could be relegated don’t rate the team but I’d take one or two of their players.

shmmeee

Would like to see us go after Johansson at Rotherham even if we don’t go up.

McNally too and if we can pinch BNC on a perm.

If we went up I’d be looking for an experienced CB who knows the division and a LCB (maybe Doyle on loan). Then a LWB like Giles. Then a few foreign gambles sprinkled around at ST, AM, CM, CB etc.

Aim for 20 core Prem quality players, which probably means 15/16 signings total.

slowpoke

Would like to see us go after Johansson at Rotherham even if we don’t go up.

McNally too and if we can pinch BNC on a perm.

If we went up I’d be looking for an experienced CB who knows the division and a LCB (maybe Doyle on loan). Then a LWB like Giles. Then a few foreign gambles sprinkled around at ST, AM, CM, CB etc.

Aim for 20 core Prem quality players, which probably means 15/16 signings total.
As a premier team we are only allowed two loans from prem clubs so as much as I rate Doyle I’d expect the two prem loans to be more experienced and come straight into the team.

Skybluedownunder

Id keep Vik for a season, though if he flops maybe this is his peak. All dependent on him signing a new deal though. Otherwise we have to sell really. Can’t throw £25m down the drain.

Yeah hadn’t thought about if he flops. In that case if we would go up I’d definitely sell and take the £25m as opposed to gamble, a year later he’s hardly going to be worth much more than £25m… £30m at very most but could drop to like £8m or lower if he flops.
He had a tough time against defenders like Jagielka and McNair so he could get found out in the Prem if we were to go up.
£25m could be a huge rebuild for us (minus what we owe to Brighton in sell on fees) so call it £20m

Yorkshire SB

Anyone saying we need a Forest style window should just stop. They had a £250m+ outlay and have taken on a ridiculous wage bill. If Forest go down they’re done.

I’d be looking at 8-10 signings, but signings that would put us in a strong position if we go down. Nothing daft like Jesse Lingard.

We have to also keep a strong core of the squad from this season for continuity - new players come in and fit into the current dressing room. Maintaining that spirit and togetherness will be vital.

Then our success comes down to whether our key players step up, the new signings come good, and whether the new squad gels.

Sky Blue Harry H

I wouldn't waste the money. Well likely bd relegated and saddled with overpriced high wages who have no affinity. Our first XI (assuming we sign or a couple and reloan Doyle) isn't too shabby and would be enhanced by a couple of higher calibre loans. Managers trust Robins and Adi's connections mean we should get earlier pickings. If that's not enough then we ho gown stronger not saddled with high earners and have parachute payments to come back stronger. I'd expect relegation, wouldn't call for Robins to be sacked if we were still winless at Christmas and treat anything else as unexpected bonus.
That's pretty much how I'd call it Rob. Sign players like McNally plus a couple/few of the better Championship players, to ensure that we would be ready to come back strong if the likely happened. Although I think he has a red card or two in him, that Marvelous Nakamba for Luton reminded me of a cross between Boateng and McGrath when I watched him v Sunderland. Agree, though, that MR should be untouchable regardless of how the season progresses.

Garlana86

Lack Championship quality yet finished 5th, how does that work?
Seems my post is going down like a lead balloon with some🤭..unsurprising due to our continued success, but my intention wasn't to belittle the team which obviously I'm in 110% support of, it was more an observation of where I felt we were. There are more considerations to why a team do well outside of quality, such as; playstyle, coaching, management, attitude, fans, and having an couple of amazing/standout key players(Vik/Hamer etc). We have punched well above our weight with our core group imo, not many expected us to be where we are given our injuries and squad depth.

I still think we're incredibly light in some areas compared to some other teams even in the champ, our success over teams that were expected to do well with their quality is a testament to the management and coaching set up and the heart and passion of the players/fans in my opinion, I have no intention of discrediting the players who got us here as they've done amazingly.

I'm not going to die in this hill or anything, just an opinion , fingers and toes crossed for a big win at Wembley.

Sky_Blue_Daz

If we are looking for a centre half , we could do a lot worse the that Lenihan lad from Middlesbrough .

Sky Blue Pete

The manager
What happened to he’s too defensive , sets us up for a draw and never makes changes when we need them?
The new sky narrative is we have two match winners and 9 other so so players I think that’s incredibly harsh on McNally , Doyle, Wilson, Sheaf and Fadz

Our back 3 are very very good

Don’t misunderstand me yok and Hamer are the cherry on the cake especially Hamer the last 10 games or so but to say all the others need to do is not fuck up just isn’t true

Brighton Sky Blue

What happened to he’s too defensive , sets us up for a draw and never makes changes when we need them?
The new sky narrative is we have two match winners and 9 other so so players I think that’s incredibly harsh on McNally , Doyle, Wilson, Sheaf and Fadz

Our back 3 are very very good

Don’t misunderstand me yok and Hamer are the cherry on the cake especially Hamer the last 10 games or so but to say all the others need to do is not fuck up just isn’t true

Back to back clean sheets against Middlesbrough and the first side to shut them out at home under Carrick. Dare I say that a mean defence is the main contributor to our good results?

djr8369

We’ve seen it plenty of times where clubs sell a star player but then actually do better by spending that money across the team like when Liverpool sold Coutinho

Exactly. No problem selling a star and investing in a bit of extra quality sprinkled throughout the squad. This is where we have to trust Robins.

PVA

Back to back clean sheets against Middlesbrough and the first side to shut them out at home under Carrick. Dare I say that a mean defence is the main contributor to our good results?

Yes I'd say we executed the game plan to absolute perfection on Wednesday, and could easily have scored another goal or two on the break. It was the perfect defensive away performance.

Terry_dactyl

Thinking about future monies for transfers and being my cautious self…assuming we don’t go up, how much is the Wembley game worth to us?

Users who are viewing this thread