Transfer targets (5 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Robins will have two lists, one if we stay in the championship another for the prem. if we fail tonight, don’t think we will, Robins will start his re-build, straight away the Vik & Hamer position will become clearer as will a number of our fringe players.
Interesting only 2 clubs in championship announced released player lists

slowpoke

I'd be surprised if that were the case as it costs money to renegotiate and extend contracts also i'd think.
It does but I’d think they would be a cheaper option and the club knows what it’s getting some out of contract players will be off but some might be happy to do a one year deal, it’s a harsh world out there in football land.

Ccfcisparks

Just been thinking about this.

Really think we should be looking into the East Asian transfer market.

Celtic have had some great success buying in this market recently, for quite tidy prices.

It would boost revenue streams over there as well.

Brighton Sky Blue

Celtic have had some great success buying in this market recently, for quite tidy prices.

They have an Australian manager who will already know quite a bit about players from AFC countries.

robbiethemole

at first look ,I thought it said East Anglian!!! then thought surely we aren't looking at Ipswich or Norwich, Chaplin or Pukki?? so glad I re-read it hahha

Nuskyblue

Derby 2007
Blackpool 2010
Huddersfield 2017

All went up unexpectedly and with under strength squads, of course one set the record but the other two fought hard enough to either stay up or take it to the last day. To be clear I see us losing tomorrow but if we did squeeze through it wouldn’t be a humiliation on Derby’s level.
I watched the Derby play of for that season they went up (vs WBA?) On sky earlier in the year. Fuck me did they lack quality, it was like watching a L2 team play.

Nuskyblue

They have an Australian manager who will already know quite a bit about players from AFC countries.
Yea it's a classic example of a good manager coming from a foreign league and picking some gems.

Wenger and Kompany did the same thing, I doubt we have the scouting network out there to do something like this currently...

Sky_Blue_Daz

That McGree lad at Middlesbrough could do a job in my opinion, if we go up I’d put a bid in

Also mcnally and Doyle would be a great bit of business

AFCCOVENTRY

Would it be worth a punt to take Adam Armstrong from Saints if we went up?

Also I would take Max Aarons from Norwich.

Last edited:

Winny the Bish

Ryan Manning reportedly leaving Swansea. Be a great starting LWB on a freebie. The CB/RB Latibeaudiere is also out of contract.

Would definitely see if Leeds are still up for selling Cresswell.

Alkhen

If we go up I wouldn't want a Forest style mad splurge. Just not sustainable in our situation. Sod the risks that brings.

I'd rather we build a strong base for the future. I could totally handle being a yo-yo club or even just a regularly competitive top end champ team.

Besides some smart investment and picking up good frees can work. Teams like Huddersfield and Blackpool have survived the first season without going totally mad.

NorthernWisdom

If we go up I wouldn't want a Forest style mad splurge. Just not sustainable in our situation. Sod the risks that brings.

I'd rather we build a strong base for the future. I could totally handle being a yo-yo club or even just a regularly competitive top end champ team.

Besides some smart investment and picking up good frees can work. Teams like Huddersfield and Blackpool have survived the first season without going totally mad.
Blackpool came straight down

Nuskyblue

Ah bollocks! Really thought they survived one season. Well I'm sure there are others that have done ok without massive investment?
Blackpool played some good stuff iirc. They had a proper rag tag team. I remember being impressed by Gary Taylor-Fletcher that season, he couldn't have looked less like a top flight footballer

Brighton Sky Blue

Ah bollocks! Really thought they survived one season. Well I'm sure there are others that have done ok without massive investment?

They took it to the last day and only went down after losing by a goal at Man Utd. Unfortunately for them, the Oystons pocketed most of the PL cash

Nuskyblue

But yeah, if we can keep Vik & Gus 4-5 soild editions may be enough. You certainly wouldn't want to spend every drop like Forest did upon promotion! Saying that if we could get in a player of Gibbs-White quality I'd be buzzing

PVA

Whether we go up or stay in the championship we need about 10-12 players either way!

I have full faith in Robins and the staff to get the right players in, regardless of which level we're shopping for.

Last edited:

procdoc

We lack championship quality let alone prem, we've got players that go as far back as league two. I fear we'd need a similar overhaul as the likes of forest, and even then you don't know how that will play out. Outside of the loans, vik, hamer and sheaf are the only ones I'd class as top champ/lower prem players. Im not exaggerating when I say this, but if we went up, we'd have likely the worse squad that's ever made it to the prem from the championship.
Lack Championship quality yet finished 5th, how does that work?

Users who are viewing this thread