Transfer Shouts (6 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

I don’t think Brown would be too bad.

His history is very uninspiring; a journeyman (albeit a young ish one) with no real rave reviews, coming off the back of a season with little football.

But he was once highly thought of and like most players, with some consistency and confidence we may see a good player in there.

Saying that, Palmer would my preferred option of the two.

mark82

I don’t think Brown would be too bad.

His history is very uninspiring; a journeyman (albeit a young ish one) with no real rave reviews, coming off the back of a season with little football.

But he was once highly thought of and like most players, with some consistency and confidence we may see a good player in there.

Saying that, Palmer would my preferred option of the two.

Think either would be ok as a second option. Likely better than anything we currently have.

Great_Expectations

I wouldn't say he's terrible. Had a decent spell where everyone was saying he was better than Dabo. If he's not a fit them move him on but it's hardly been a disaster.

I was being a little flippant with the ‘terrible’ comment, but in reality he is pretty poor.

The handful of games he looked decent were the exception not the rule. Plus, if I’m trying to be fair to him, he never suited our system. Way too flat footed, one dimensional and lacked dynamism. Never a WB, even if he thinks he is.

Said the same re Bidwell too (not a WB/doesn’t suit our system) but he showed glimpses towards the end of the season, so he may well have something to offer.

Amazonian

Not the most awe-inspiring names being thrown around at the moment.
Fingers crossed that this is not the case. We need to stick with our model, not ‘journey men’ who have not fulfilled their potential with limited appearances at the age they are. As an example, Luke McCormick has played 79 games in the last 2 seasons For Wimbledon. Given the argument that he is unproven at championship level, I would much rather take a punt on a young, athletic player,who, as a minimum, would be available on a consistent basis given the amount of fixtures we have to contend with.

SlowerThanPlatt

Fingers crossed that this is not the case. We need to stick with our model, not ‘journey men’ who have not fulfilled their potential with limited appearances at the age they are. As an example, Luke McCormick has played 79 games in the last 2 seasons For Wimbledon. Given the argument that he is unproven at championship level, I would much rather take a punt on a young, athletic player,who, as a minimum, would be available on a consistent basis given the amount of fixtures we have to contend with.

Still at ages they can turn it around but very much last chance saloon territory in the Championship with the amount of clubs they’ve been at and not produced for their wage. I agree I would prefer someone like McCormick

Amazonian

Still at ages they can turn it around but very much last chance saloon territory in the Championship with the amount of clubs they’ve been at and not produced for their wage. I agree I would prefer someone like McCormick
Can we afford, ‘last chance saloon‘ players given our supposed budget?

SlowerThanPlatt

God help us if we sign Izzy Brown! Why would we want a Chelsea reject who has had a series of unimpressive loans in the Championship????!

On a completely unrelated note I hope we get Jake Clarke-Salter back....
At Sunderland he was young and going into a struggling team. Birmingham later they rated him (and wanted him back), so not quite the same!

Last edited:

PUSB-We_are_going_up

FFS people slagging off players for not getting game time at other clubs. Some times it just doesn't work out. Swansea barely used Gyok, Moore played about 2 games in 3 years. Just give a player a fucking chance before writing them off
I think considering what is out there it seems underwhelming to some and they are creating new boo-boys in the process (if they join)

CCFC54321

Not from what I’ve heard, going another championship team with more money
Going to a club offered significantly more money (doubled his money) in the championship I’ve been told. Wait and see but I’d been told he had been offered a deal at city but we have been out bid.

SlowerThanPlatt

Talk about clearing the decks…

Watford – Ben Foster, Kamil Conteh(Middlesbrough), Nicolas Nkoulou, Andre Gray, Juraj Kucka, Derek Agyakwa, Dante Baptiste, Jack Broome, Jack Burchell, Ryan Cassidy, Jimiel Chikukwa, Kane Crichlow, Will Hall, Jordan Harrison, Dominic Hutchinson, Andi Janjeva, George Langston, Kyreece Lisbie, Kyrell Lisbie, Freddie Moriaty, Enoch Muwonge, Josh O’Brien, Adam Parkes, Daniel Phillips, Maurizio Pochettino, Ben Smith, Henry Wise

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

Info like this make the Kane signing even more bonkers. It didn’t seem a good fit from the start; older than our “usual” signing, not a rising star/high prospect player and one with off field issues. The latter has become even more apparent as it’s clear to see - he has an attitude problem.

And, he’s terrible at football.
How does he have an attitude problem?

Terry Gibson's perm

Talk about clearing the decks…

Watford – Ben Foster, Kamil Conteh(Middlesbrough), Nicolas Nkoulou, Andre Gray, Juraj Kucka, Derek Agyakwa, Dante Baptiste, Jack Broome, Jack Burchell, Ryan Cassidy, Jimiel Chikukwa, Kane Crichlow, Will Hall, Jordan Harrison, Dominic Hutchinson, Andi Janjeva, George Langston, Kyreece Lisbie, Kyrell Lisbie, Freddie Moriaty, Enoch Muwonge, Josh O’Brien, Adam Parkes, Daniel Phillips, Maurizio Pochettino, Ben Smith, Henry Wise

Apart from a couple there I would be saying who.

NorthernWisdom

If O'Hare really is staying, then any backup for him will, by definition, be underwhelming. What we need is someone who can develop into a player ready to step in for whenever O'Hare isn't here.

(On that note, Bright is therefore lined up for a return...?)

Briles

If O'Hare really is staying, then any backup for him will, by definition, be underwhelming. What we need is someone who can develop into a player ready to step in for whenever O'Hare isn't here.

(On that note, Bright is therefore lined up for a return...?)

Ohares missed about 2 games in 2 seasons. Will defo have to be a development replacement

Users who are viewing this thread