Transfer Shouts (6 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd be very interested to see how much will be left to reinvest from a sale once operating costs and loans/interest payments are covered.

Don't forget most transfers are paid in instalments as well.

If we sell a player for £7m, we can only buy 4 or 5 (max) players at say £1m, if we are also losing a similar amount of fringe players too, as the wages for the new players will be higher than those leaving.

slowpoke

Say SISU took 2 Million and Gave MR 5 of that, i feel he would do damage with it big time and get us top 6.

Think some forget Cal was a free. 7 million quid profit and hopefully a sell on is fantastic business really
And how do we replace him, a player who plays every week, works his nuts off all match and occupies a couple of defenders constantly. Opposing teams will be as happy he’s not in our squad as it seems you will be.

KenilworthSkyBlue

If we sell a player for £7m, we can only buy 4 or 5 (max) players at say £1m, if we are also losing a similar amount of fringe players too, as the wages for the new players will be higher than those leaving.

I'd wager we'll still be paying a significant portion of most of our fringe players' contracts once the transfer window ends - whether that be through them being on loan or settlements having been reached.

SlowerThanPlatt

O'Hare could potentially become worth well over £7mil in my view. Some of his play is Premier League standard already and he started scoring too towards the end of the season. Not ready for the Premier league yet in my view but his potential value is much higher after a good season next year. Really hope he stays not least because he is great to watch.
3 of them were tap ins on the line tbf, if he wants to get his numbers up he needs to start scoring from his own own work. 5 goals is not very good for an attacking midfielder

19/20 - 3 goals
20/21 - 3 goals
21/22 - 5 goals

Hertsccfc

3 of them were tap ins on the line tbf, if he wants to get his numbers up he needs to start scoring from his own own work. 5 goals is not very good for an attacking midfielder

19/20 - 3 goals
20/21 - 3 goals
21/22 - 5 goals
Tap ins don't count now!

Actually picking up those sort of goals is exactly what we need. The problem was he was missing those tap ins before.

SlowerThanPlatt

I'd wager we'll still be paying a significant portion of most of our fringe players' contracts once the transfer window ends - whether that be through them being on loan or settlements having been reached.

Hilssner negotiating a deal on 4k a week reminds me of the infamous Seth Johnson story at Leeds

Saddlebrains

And how do we replace him, a player who plays every week, works his nuts off all match and occupies a couple of defenders constantly. Opposing teams will be as happy he’s not in our squad as it seems you will be.

Lmao shut up you lettuce

Are we as a club in a position to turn down 7 Million quid for a player that cost us fuck all?

We haven't sold a player for that amount of money in 20plus years. Hes good, and pivotal to how we play, but if we get 7 Million profit on a bloke who cant score, when scoring is a big part of a number 10s role, you've got to consider how much that could do for the squad as a whole

And remember, we replaced McNulty with Godden

Willis with Fadz
Davies with Rose
Walsh with Hamer

We would replace him im confident

shmmeee

The wages thing can’t be got around. Ultimately we need to be able to fund at least 15/16 players on a championship wage, otherwise we aren’t a championship club.

The owners are going to have to decide if that’s possible if they’re serious about the club progressing as they claim. You can’t fund wages from player sales in a sustainable way, so it’ll be some innovation on the commercial side or more investment.

SlowerThanPlatt

People are concentrating on attacking midfielders who played for Chelsea when Viveash was there but it’s possible it was someone after? Especially as the names mentioned don’t seem likely

One I did think was Luke McCormick at Wimbledon, he had a decent season there and someone did post we’ve had a scout watching them (whether true or not I don’t know)

shmmeee

People are concentrating on attacking midfielders who played for Chelsea when Viveash was there but it’s possible it was someone after? Especially as the names mentioned don’t seem likely

One I did think was Luke McCormick at Wimbledon, he had a decent season there and someone did post we’ve had a scout watching them (whether true or not I don’t know)

Decent shout, he was at Chelsea from 6 so probably known to Viveash even if he didn’t work directly with him.

SlowerThanPlatt

I can’t find what length of contract he signed, say it was 2 years then we could get a good deal going into his final year, 200-300k

skyblueelephant76

Lmao shut up you lettuce

Are we as a club in a position to turn down 7 Million quid for a player that cost us fuck all?

We haven't sold a player for that amount of money in 20plus years. Hes good, and pivotal to how we play, but if we get 7 Million profit on a bloke who cant score, when scoring is a big part of a number 10s role, you've got to consider how much that could do for the squad as a whole

And remember, we replaced McNulty with Godden

Willis with Fadz
Davies with Rose
Walsh with Hamer

We would replace him im confident
We replaced McNulty with Chaplin

larry_david

19/20 - 3 goals
20/21 - 3 goals
21/22 - 5 goals
Yeah have to agree here. He got 3 goals in the last 5 games which is a good run obviously but how many did he miss earlier in the season when it really mattered. Those one's away at Boro, Huddersfield, tight matches that were on a knife edge and we needed someone to pull something out the bag. Ultimately he didn't. 7 mill up front would be pretty good to be honest. I dont want him to go and on paper he could be worth 5-6 mill MORE after next season but who knows. Everyone at our level is replaceable.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yeah have to agree here. He got 3 goals in the last 5 games which is a good run obviously but how many did he miss earlier in the season when it really mattered. Those one's away at Boro, Huddersfield, tight matches that were on a knife edge and we needed someone to pull something out the bag. Ultimately he didn't. 7 mill up front would be pretty good to be honest. I dont want him to go and on paper he could be worth 5-6 mill MORE after next season but who knows. Everyone at our level is replaceable.
He could only be worth 5-6m more if he signs another contract.

his value will drop next season with only one year remaining

CovLad94

Could well be Luke McCormick the AM with Chelsea links, I thought it would be Kasey Palmer but he was in talks with Cardiff who pulled out due to his high wages, 23k a week apparently 😳 we can rule him out

fernandopartridge

£3mil for Twine or similar, £2mil towards squad elsewhere, and £2mil for operating costs (in whatever form they're classed!) would probably be a 'win'.

tbh O'Hare's impossible to quantify isn't he. Limited end product, but we'd definitely have to change style if he went, and how would that effect the team as a whole?
There is plenty of end product, he creates more from open play than any other player in the division. It isn't just goals.

CovLad94

Derrick kohn who I recently mentioned has been playing in the Dutch playoffs at the bottom end of the table, they got relegated, would explain the delay

long way home

Have a feeling Anjorin could be one we will chase. Will be on the Huddersfield bench on Sunday. But we will know in a few weeks as im sure names will drop and signings will appear and some of ours will exit.

Flying Fokker

Played for us last night. U23 development League.

Users who are viewing this thread