Transfer Shouts (6 Viewers)

higgs

Think they are talking about 2.5 mil, reading are in a strange position because they aren’t allowed to sign anyone to replace him.
If we sell hamer we should go for Joao he would do some damage with gyo playing two up top

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skybluebeliever

@better days @Skybluebeliever expecting any incomings this week, any more info?
I think they are trying to get a defender in , after last week it might be slightly delayed but still hoping to get somebody in , the striker as mentioned before will depend on possible movements of current strikers
Think MR wants to try and get as many of the squad on the plane for Spain

Deity

I think they are trying to get a defender in , after last week it might be slightly delayed but still hoping to get somebody in , the striker as mentioned before will depend on possible movements of current strikers
Think MR wants to try and get as many of the squad on the plane for Spain
To what extent are their plans being hampered by not knowing how many of the big 3 will leave ? Clearly we don’t want to be buying cheap and cheerful if Robins then sells 2 and has a few million to reinvest …

Great_Expectations

On the LWB front, many of us as fans see a massive hole there, however based on SBB comments it isn’t one of the three key positions MR wants to fill.

For various reasons we didn’t see too much of him, but officially we signed a proven LWB in January. I wonder if the above just confirms MR sees Bidwell as the answer, therefore why would we waste limited resource when we already have a first team LWB.

He didn’t look a LWB to me, especially not one for our system. But maybe after a proper pre-season he’ll look a different player.

ccfc1234

On the LWB front, many of us as fans see a massive hole there, however based on SBB comments it isn’t one of the three key positions MR wants to fill.

For various reasons we didn’t see too much of him, but officially we signed a proven LWB in January. I wonder if the above just confirms MR sees Bidwell as the answer, therefore why would we waste limited resource when we already have a first team LWB.

He didn’t look a LWB to me, especially not one for our system. But maybe after a proper pre-season he’ll look a different player.
Bidwell seemed to lack pace and dynamism when going forward at LB maybe but at LWB those attributes are very important.
During his time as Swansea did they play with 5 at the back or a back 4?

Frostie

Bidwell seemed to lack pace and dynamism when going forward at LB maybe but at LWB those attributes are very important.

He's been a regular wing-back for years and (although it's a very flawed metric) he had the most assists of anyone in that position the previous season so gets into good attacking positions & has excellent delivery. This notion that he can't play the role is daft.

slowpoke

Bidwell is a better wing back/ left/back he’s being given credit for and good cover for left sided centre back too we have been linked with a couple of young left wing backs I’m sure Robins is on it. Towards the end of the transfer window is when the loan market becomes more active especially from the Premiership clubs wouldn’t surprise me if a young lwb like Maatsan comes in on loan.

Mucca Mad Boys

They played with wingbacks and under Steve Cooper got quite a lot of assists. Without a doubt, Bidwell has a good track record playing as a LWB.

fernandopartridge

We've got a proven lwb in Bidwell, it's not an issue at all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

He played lwb and set up their goal at St Andrews the season before last, he's not as explosive as Maatsen but his crossing is far superior

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

~300 games 7 goals and 33 assists, at championship level, if that isn’t experience what is, he has about a goal involvement every ~0.12 games, to put this into perspective Maatsen played 42 games for us, and got 3 goals and 1 assist, that equates to a goal involvement of ~0.09 per game

SleepyGinger

Liked the sound of Adaramola as another option at LWB. Nixon reckons we’re going against MK dons for him but Turner is saying we’ve no interest.

long way home

Im sure MR and his staff are frustrated at not getting deals over the line, but i don't think they will panic. Or be pushed into bad business, budget is obviously tight, so getting the money in the right areas is going to be so important.

He also is doing due diligence in evaluating the younger players we have at the club. Assessing the levels they are at will be important in finding out the depth he has in the squad. This will take a few weeks and a couple of games before players pathways are decided.

He still needs to move on a few to be able to add permanent signings i would of thought. And will be looking to use the loan system again at some point, but im sure he will get it right and find the balance he wants to start the season.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread