Transfer Shouts (4 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think it’s such a shame having to let one of the 3 go, even if it’s Hamer, a midfield 4 of Hamer, Sheaf, Palmer, and O’Hare with Vik uptop would cause real problems, if we kept them and added a decent CB and LWB, the “Starting 11” could be a real prospect.
Definitely a top 10 starting 11 for this division, however no one is irreplaceable, I would put my faith in the recruitment team to replace anyone sold

Frostie

Yeah I think he started well and then fell out of favour but he’d suit that LCB position in our system.

Very accomplished on the ball & as you say naturally left sided which would be ideal. Some big concerns over his physicality for me but I can see him being a target.
He had a really mixed spell at Sunderland but they asked an awful lot of him when he was just 17 &, as usual, there was a lot of upheaval there too.

Brighton Sky Blue

It certainly is amazing how we have no money every season

Well considering the amount of wages tied up in players deemed persona non grata it’s unsurprising. If the manager is willing to or trying to dispense with

Walker
Waghorn
Kane
DaCosta
Hilssner

And we also have tied down players who aren’t if we’re being honest of Championship standard such as

Kelly
Allen

Really it turns into quite a substantial sum that can’t be deployed elsewhere.

rexo87

Well considering the amount of wages tied up in players deemed persona non grata it’s unsurprising. If the manager is willing to or trying to dispense with

Walker
Waghorn
Kane
DaCosta
Hilssner

And we also have tied down players who aren’t if we’re being honest of Championship standard such as

Kelly
Allen

True. Probably around 45k per week there of players who are unused/substandard. Over a million a year. Might be a case of getting through this season until we can get these players off the payroll

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

True. Probably around 45k per week there of players who are unused/substandard. Over a million a year. Might be a case of getting through this season until we can get these players off the payroll

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

45k a week is nearly £2.5 million a year. Too big a sum for a club in our position.

South West Sky Blue

If two or three of the U23s step-up and help fill the squad that would be huge. Frees up wages for quality not quantity in first team recruitment.

Question to those who watched the U23s a fair bit last season; if you had to pick three to move up to the first team squad, who would you go for?
Only saw 4-5 games. I’d have to go for Tavares and Howley only. There’s usually a a surprise that comes from nowhere though.

Skybluebeliever

Walker
Waghorn
Kane
DaCosta
Hilssner

Kelly
Allen

If they can free up wages from th first group these will be reused

SlowerThanPlatt

Walker
Waghorn
Kane
DaCosta
Hilssner

Kelly
Allen

The issue is no mitigation policy on contract length - Hilssner and Da Costa got 3 years same as Hamer. Palmer’s record is sketchy at best and we’ve invested 3 years into him

slowpoke

I don’t think so , think the sale will put money back into club/Sisu to “catch up” from the last 2/3 seasons , we haven’t sold a player for a couple of seasons and we budget to sell one a year and with covid etc . Think MR understands this but if he needs to bring players in future windows he has a bit of collateral . I think if more than one goes this would change
We sold Thierry Katsukunya in January for a decent sum I believe.

Brighton Sky Blue

If they can free up wages from th first group these will be reused

Which was kind of my point. Yes our ownership doesn’t help but with that much money tied up in unwanted players we’re also hamstringing ourselves to an extent.

Kelly especially probably ought to be moved on as well.

Alkhen

People need to be realistic, most important thing is the club not overstretching itself. We've already tried that and it ended in tears.

The owners clearly invest in players when they can. As mentioned above we haven't made a significant sale in a while so can't go spending what we haven't got.

Free transfers cost in agent fees, signing bonuses and wages, we need to temper expectations for now. If we make a sale then they will put some aside to make replacements but have to think longer term too

Brighton Sky Blue

The issue is no mitigation policy on contract length - Hilssner and Da Costa got 3 years same as Hamer. Palmer’s record is sketchy at best and we’ve invested 3 years into him

The plan this year seems to be to tread water until all the unwanted players can be let go, a number of big fees received and a big squad rebuild in the summer.

Total speculation of course

Skybluebeliever

Which was kind of my point. Yes our ownership doesn’t help but with that much money tied up in unwanted players we’re also hamstringing ourselves to an extent.

Kelly especially probably ought to be moved on as well.
Yes think the gamble in Walker and Waghorn is affecting us now in terms of wheeling and dealing both were our top earners when signed but Vik’s performances nobody saw coming and helped
If we can get these two out on loan it will make a huge difference

SlowerThanPlatt

People keep referring to the "Big 3", it should be a "Big 4" with the addition of Sheaf, he is top quality, on a different level to the rest apparently.
The others can't compete with him in training.
We have a real talent on our hands.

Saddlebrains

People need to be realistic, most important thing is the club not overstretching itself. We've already tried that and it ended in tears.

The owners clearly invest in players when they can. As mentioned above we haven't made a significant sale in a while so can't go spending what we haven't got.

Free transfers cost in agent fees, signing bonuses and wages, we need to temper expectations for now. If we make a sale then they will put some aside to make replacements but have to think longer term too

People get that

We're not asking for the world

From my view its basically, we've done what you've asked in numbers, now you invest for once. No ones asking for millions, just that CB that can shore up the defence, or the LWB that can attack AND defend

If we have a shit window and start poorly that place can turn toxic quickly as we all well know

hamil99

Facebook User
I remember MR saying the renovations to the training pitches was long overdue and would come out of our budget. With all things considered treading water is a fair assessment of the coming season. That's better than spending what we don't have and being derby in a couple years time (or us previously..).

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I dont think MR or his staff give much away on what's happening behind closed doors. I would imagine lots going on and loads of managers, agents and players will have be in conversation on a daily basis. Most will never come to light of day, but MR definitely seems to been part of a change within the club on how they do business. I prefer it this way, let everyone else talk have your targets and if they come off great if they dont nobody is none the wiser. This way the club doesnt have to confirm or deny anything.

Signings will happen, thats the only thing we can be sure on and if i was a betting man id say progrress and improvement will be made to the squad ready for the new season under MR instruction. Who those are i would guess 2 more perms both defensive left sided. And then 1 loan in an attacking position.

Lastly just a thought, could MR be changing the formation to a flat back 4, and go with 2 DM, 2 ACM and 2 up top. If so the type of player he is looking at will be different to what we think. Palmer and O hare i can see behind the top 2, and can see Sheaf and another sitting in front of a back 4.
That formation would be very narrow and likely see teams exploiting us down the wings. It would also make our attacking play much narrower, making us easier to defend against, and massively stifle Dabo, even if it might support McCallum's skillset were he to return. But given MR has said how Reid's weakness is his offensive ability and thus pretty much ruled him out of contention due to it, it would them seem very odd to bring someone else in and change the entire formation to suit those exact same things.

Matt smith

People get that

We're not asking for the world

From my view its basically, we've done what you've asked in numbers, now you invest for once. No ones asking for millions, just that CB that can shore up the defence, or the LWB that can attack AND defend

If we have a shit window and start poorly that place can turn toxic quickly as we all well know
Couldn’t agree any more with this post

Skybluebeliever

We sold Thierry Katsukunya in January for a decent sum I believe.
It was more a first team player that could command a big fee , Katsukunya would have been adds on based on future achievements that could or could not come off , Thomas,Harris ,Sambou and McCann are examples

Users who are viewing this thread