Transfer Rumours (2 Viewers)

Terry_dactyl

Why a centre half for heaven's sake? We have 4 - three who are good, and one who was our star player in the first part of last season. The way things are going it looks like it will be 3 more midfielders

McNulty replacement
McNulty replacement back up (eggs, basket etc)
O'Brien replacement - altho I suspect as a reserve keeper he is probably the best we can expect. Burge is fine for League 1
I think it’s believed we need another centre half because we may play 3 at the back.
I think Robins/any manager will try and improve all positions. This may prove tricky in trying to improve on mcnulty but certainly getting a keeper to offer genuine competition to burge can only be a good thing, right?

Gibbo

I think it’s believed we need another centre half because we may play 3 at the back.
I think Robins/any manager will try and improve all positions. This may prove tricky in trying to improve on mcnulty but certainly getting a keeper to offer genuine competition to burge can only be a good thing, right?
Judging by reports from Spain Grimmer is the new Kyle Walker. 5 centre halves in the squad is wasting resources.
For similar reasons O'Brien has to go - we can't afford three keepers. So I suspect we are stuck with him
McNulty replacement and back up are the two main requirements, all else is detail

SkyBlueCRJ

I dont think we need a keeper... i'm a fan of Burge think he gets abit of unfair stick tbh... i'd sooner see a couple of Strikers and another wide man

Burge isn't the issue. It's the fact that there isn't anyone to compete with him. Addai is still learning his trade and O'Brien is nowhere near good enough for League One level. This is why a replacement is needed.

Terry_dactyl

Judging by reports from Spain Grimmer is the new Kyle Walker. 5 centre halves in the squad is wasting resources.
For similar reasons O'Brien has to go - we can't afford three keepers. So I suspect we are stuck with him
McNulty replacement and back up are the two main requirements, all else is detail
Grimmer’s playing at centre half? Blimey.
I should have clarified, getting a new keeper in was on the basis of getting rid of o’brien.
You’re definitely right about a new forward being the focus. There’s still business to be done...

MatthewWallis

DONS FAIL TO AGREE DOYLE TERMS

Aberdeen have failed in a bid for Eoin Doyle, according to The Scottish Sun.

Both Aberdeen and Peteborough reportedly had bids of around £300k accepted, but could not agree personal terms with the 30-year-old Irishman.

Why don't we go for him? Wages might be an issue but didn't Robins try and get him before on loan and he went to Oldham? Or am I imagining it

Bertola

DONS FAIL TO AGREE DOYLE TERMS

Aberdeen have failed in a bid for Eoin Doyle, according to The Scottish Sun.

Both Aberdeen and Peteborough reportedly had bids of around £300k accepted, but could not agree personal terms with the 30-year-old Irishman.

Why don't we go for him? Wages might be an issue but didn't Robins try and get him before on loan and he went to Oldham? Or am I imagining it

Wasn't it Slade who tried to sign him?

Skyblue_CP

Burge isn't the issue. It's the fact that there isn't anyone to compete with him. Addai is still learning his trade and O'Brien is nowhere near good enough for League One level. This is why a replacement is needed.
Thats fair, but alot of people on here 100% believe we need a better keeper, he deserves alot more credit, hes kept us in some incredibly important games.

SkyBlueCRJ

Thats fair, but alot of people on here 100% believe we need a better keeper, he deserves alot more credit, hes kept us in some incredibly important games.

I wouldn't say no to bringing in an improvement on Burge but we have to keep within our budget. If there's a better keeper out there that is within our wage range then great, sign him up. However, we have to spend within our means and other areas of the teams are currently more of a priority. So, given that Burge had an OK season last year then in my mind he's probably shown MR enough to think a starting GK isn't a priority.

Captain Dart

Irons in the fire.

vow

Rumour that Jayden Stockley arrived at Ryton this morning for talks. Don't know if it's true or not.
Like him but for me he's too similar to Biamou/JCH, wouldn't say no though.

Greggs

Like him but for me he's too similar to Biamou/JCH, wouldn't say no though.
If we wouldn't have signed JCH. i'd have been happy with this, but not now we need a nippy poacher

Reactions: vow

Greggs

8 years? He’s 24 so do you count as a pro from 16? Anyway it’s 1 in every 3.41 games so you’re still wrong, petal.
Made his debut at 16, i doubt he was working part time in woolworths at the same time

Grendel

8 years? He’s 24 so do you count as a pro from 16? Anyway it’s 1 in every 3.41 games so you’re still wrong, petal.

According to Exeter he’s representing them on a fans forum this evening

MatthewWallis

Made his debut at 16, i doubt he was working part time in woolworths at the same time
So you base how good a footballer is on how they played when they were 16?

Either way I'm comparing him to how he did in the same league last season as the person he is replacing. All hypothetical anyway as he is part of an Exeter fans forum tonight...

Greggs

So you base how good a footballer is on how they played when they were 16?

Either way I'm comparing him to how he did in the same league last season as the person he is replacing. All hypothetical anyway as he is part of an Exeter fans forum tonight...

Oh dear......

Greggs

lol, no decent response. Not really worth replying was it?
Mate, i had to give up. So many things going over your head, or that you seemingly don't understand. I don't mean any offense, but i was taught never to argue with a fool!

steve cooper

Harry Kane is the same age, and in his first 3 years as a pro (2011 to 2013) he scored 14 goals in 56 appearances, mostly on loan in the lower leagues. Stockley's record with Exeter over the last 2 years as a loan player and then as their player is 1 in 2. He has played 67 games in total for Exeter scoring 34 goals. Considering Stockley doesn't appear to be Exeter's main penalty taker, I would say a similar record, if not better than McNulty.

fatso

Stockley is a far better centre forward than both of our current no9 options,
But I can’t see it happening as there are other areas of the squad that need strengthening first, and Stockley is definitely not a replacement for MM.

Captain Dart

How about his other 8 years as a pro? Do some research petal

As often the case he has upped his game as he gets to his mid twenties.
You can't base current ability at 24 on the record he has when he was 19 or 20.

Users who are viewing this thread