TRANSFER RUMOUR - Lee Buchanan (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Notice many want 2 players for every position lets try getting 1 for every postion first then worry about a second plus the fact that certain players can cover quite adequely in more than 1 position if your squad gets too big you end up with dissatisfaction from players who never get a game. I thought our squad was slightly small last season, the togetherness was great to see.

covcity4life

Notice many want 2 players for every position lets try getting 1 for every postion first then worry about a second plus the fact that certain players can cover quite adequely in more than 1 position if your squad gets too big you end up with dissatisfaction from players who never get a game. I thought our squad was slightly small last season, the togetherness was great to see.
That's not how recruitment works. You take opportunities when and where they pop up.

long way home

Our squad last season probably had the right number but didn't have enough quality in depth. We need more quality so replacing Dabo, Kane, Rose, Walker, Waghorn and Mcquire with better quality player is paramount if we generally are going to improve squad depth.

COH and Palmer back fit adds and im sure the 5 loans will be used with hopefully 2 of those coming back on permanent deals. I get the feeling MR will look to younger more athletic players and add a few old heads in with Kelly and Fadz who are still around to help the group.

Dasilva is a good start but i can see a lot more coming through the door and still a couple going out on perms and on loan.

Last edited:

djr8369

Hes
Isn't Burroughs favoured position LWB? If so I see this as a non starter regardless of whether Bidwell stays or goes. It's RWB where we need 2 players. I guess BNC might come back, but if not how about Ethan Laird as an option? Contract finishing at Man U. Looked very good a couple of seasons ago at Swansea.
He’s a CM I think but bit of a utility player? I’m sure posters who have watched a lot of academy games will know more.

Matt smith

As a standalone, very keen. Good player and a huge upgrade on Bidwell in my opinion. Also likely to bring resale value.

However, strange after already signing Dasilva that we’ve been linked. As shmmeee mentions, he apparently is able to cover CB as well which would make sense.
Been playing cm for Bremen

long way home

Quality not quantity is the key to improving the overall standard of the squad. The number was ok the ability to change things from the bench or cover injury with quality was lacking.

Mucca Mad Boys

Reports suggest £10k a week and one of the highest earners ….

If so, it’s probably worth cashing out on him. We’ve got to be thinking as lean as possible to squeeze our budget to the maximum.

Having two younger players with a higher ceiling is absolutely the move we should be making!

Grendel

If so, it’s probably worth cashing out on him. We’ve got to be thinking as lean as possible to squeeze our budget to the maximum.

Having two younger players with a higher ceiling is absolutely the move we should be making!

Da silva was on a lot more at Bristol

The Philosopher

I think the thing that will irk many is that Bidwell didn’t go 6th. He’s one of our “dead ball” takers, and is characterised as calm. Dabo is neither of those things and to my mind had no business being 6th in line.

It’s ifs and buts. Yes. I would have fancied him to get it on target more than Dabo. I’m sure I’m not alone. It was a bad decision in hindsight, obviously, but I think many would agree it should have been Bidwell stepping up. Then Fadz / Wilson etc. Brave if Dabo? Maybe. Bad in game choice? Yep.

CCFCSteve

I think the thing that will irk many is that Bidwell didn’t go 6th. He’s one of our “dead ball” takers, and is characterised as calm. Dabo is neither of those things and to my mind had no business being 6th in line.

It’s ifs and buts. Yes. I would have fancied him to get it on target more than Dabo. I’m sure I’m not alone. It was a bad decision in hindsight, obviously, but I think many would agree it should have been Bidwell stepping up. Then Fadz / Wilson etc. Brave if Dabo? Maybe. Bad in game choice? Yep.

Agree with this in the theory but we’ve got to remember that both of those players had played 120 mins. Robins said he would’ve taken Bidwell off if Doyle hadn’t got injured/cramped. Maybe they were just out on their feet so we went for fresher legs first. Either way it’s gone now

Ps I still can’t believe Fadz and Kelly made it through the full match. Unbelievable effort at their ages

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Quality not quantity is the key to improving the overall standard of the squad. The number was ok the ability to change things from the bench or cover injury with quality was lacking.
Well, we need a bit of both really.

We definitely need to up the quality with the wages that have become available from released players, but we definitely need a bigger squad too. We had so many injuries last year because of the amount of game time players were having to play.

So should the likes of Vik be sold I can see us using that to bring in two or three good players to increase squad numbers.

fatso

At the moment we'd struggle to put 11 players on the pitch Inc 2 left backs, and 2 keepers.

nunchuckas

Yeah, Dabo would have been my 11th choice out of everyone on the pitch, he's scored 2 more goals against us in one game than he has in 100+ games for us!

Jokes aside though, Bidwell, Panzo, Mcfadzean, Mcnally and Wilson would have all been ahead of Dabo if it was up to me - fair play if Dabo was the only one to volunteer to go next, but if there's any reason or rhyme, the others should be ahead, can imagine they can all strike a ball better, and would be less erratic than Dabo (bar maybe Wilson, but he would have been less fazed by the situation you feel).

Gint11

Bidwell is ok. Just ok. Decent toward the end if the season but below average for much of the early season. Just my opinion.

Attacking wise he’s not Maatsen or McCallum. He’s a left back not LWB.

He’s 30. If we get a half decent fee then offski he goes.

Buchanan 22? Potential to develop.

Steady Eddie but he was awful in the final

Users who are viewing this thread