TRANSFER RUMOUR - Lee Buchanan (1 Viewer)

Grendel

ms639

With the rebuild we need to do across the whole squad, it seems strange that we would be prioritising 2 players who play the same position when we have half decent cover in bidwell

fatso

With the rebuild we need to do across the whole squad, it seems strange that we would be prioritising 2 players who play the same position when we have half decent cover in bidwell
As I say, I think Bidwell is off.

long way home

Dont know if we are after this lad but he has switched into midfield during his time in Germany. If we have interest it makes sense you have players that are versatile that give depth to a squad.

shmmeee

Rooney had said he could see Buchanan as a CB as well. Either way I suspect Bidwell is off so well need another.

Samo

doubt it as he’s going to mean Da silva hardly gets a look in

Does it though?
It seems to me that in the system we play the wing back roles are crucial and we are yet to get them right,
Its obviously a high energy role and ideally you'd want 2 quality player on each side, rather than one and a back up.
That way you can effectively rotate, even within matches to keep up the high energy required.
It would also be useful if they were not loans so there is no pressure to play one over the other.

SBAndy

As a standalone, very keen. Good player and a huge upgrade on Bidwell in my opinion. Also likely to bring resale value.

However, strange after already signing Dasilva that we’ve been linked. As shmmeee mentions, he apparently is able to cover CB as well which would make sense.

NorthernWisdom

Do think we need to get past the mindset of having one player per position. We need depth next season and that means backup/challenge that’s as close to as good as the other player as possible.
It's more how many you have at what level, and what impact does that have elsewhere.

I mean hopefully it'll balance out this time, but we did end up with a glut of right wing backs!

Balli001

Do think we need to get past the mindset of having one player per position. We need depth next season and that means backup/challenge that’s as close to as good as the other player as possible.
Yes it is wierd how people seem to think we only need 1 player to play all of the games. One reason we struggled this season was lack of any depth whatsoever.

Balli001

It's more how many you have at what level, and what impact does that have elsewhere.

I mean hopefully it'll balance out this time, but we did end up with a glut of right wing backs!
Most of which were not good enough for a regular run in the team. We need 2 per position to push each other.

Evo1883

As a standalone, very keen. Good player and a huge upgrade on Bidwell in my opinion. Also likely to bring resale value.

However, strange after already signing Dasilva that we’ve been linked. As shmmeee mentions, he apparently is able to cover CB as well which would make sense.
Dasilva can play Right back

Matt smith

We’re just used to having one player per position a lot of the time 😂

this window is the time to build a deeper stronger squad, all be it without some outstanding individuals

Terry Gibson's perm

I hope this bloke has got taller in Germany as it says he is only 5ft 9inches a little short for a centre back unless we want a team of didi men.

Calista

We want two players in each position, each of them better than the other. Sort it out Doug.

The Philosopher

Bidwell is ok. Just ok. Decent toward the end if the season but below average for much of the early season. Just my opinion.

Attacking wise he’s not Maatsen or McCallum. He’s a left back not LWB.

He’s 30. If we get a half decent fee then offski he goes.

Buchanan 22? Potential to develop.

Last edited:

Legia Sky Blue

Isn't Burroughs favoured position LWB? If so I see this as a non starter regardless of whether Bidwell stays or goes. It's RWB where we need 2 players. I guess BNC might come back, but if not how about Ethan Laird as an option? Contract finishing at Man U. Looked very good a couple of seasons ago at Swansea.

shmmeee

Isn't Burroughs favoured position LWB? If so I see this as a non starter regardless of whether Bidwell stays or goes. It's RWB where we need 2 players. I guess BNC might come back, but if not how about Ethan Laird as an option? Contract finishing at Man U. Looked very good a couple of seasons ago at Swansea.

He’s an attacking midfielder by choice I think.

Otis

Yeah, I believe so. A box to box player when he was at youth level. I think he's okay with either foot, but that right is his preferred. I may be wrong.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yeah, I believe so. A box to box player when he was at youth level. I think he's okay with either foot, but that right is his preferred. I may be wrong.
You seem to have got more knowledgeable about our players, the further you have moved from Coventry? More time on your hands to do your research @Otis ?

mmttww

This is what I remember from U23 highlights a while back. I'm hoping that if we sort the WBs out this summer, he and Rus might get a shot at covering the CAM spot(s) in pre-season. Either keep them around if they show something, get them loaned out if they don't.

NorthernWisdom

I thought similar, but his Dad suggests thus:

For what its worth.....
I think he's a wing back either side. He's left handed but prefers to strike a ball with his right but naturally two footed. He plays golf right handed.. 🤷‍♂️
Personally I think right now RWB but think as he develops he will move to the left as he can cut inside to shoot.
He can play anywhere across the middle, but Cov spent two years in the 23s turning him into a RWB.
Last year at Ross County they play with full backs which didn't help and he played mainly LB but up as far as a 10.
His last two u21 games for Scotland were as a LWB and his first 2 were as a RB. :unsure: I really don't see the confusion :)

Users who are viewing this thread