Transfer news (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Where is juke going? I dont mind a parkin for turner deal but parkin is not a replacement for juke!

Parkin is a lot like juke and platt!

Sub

and if juke goes aswell ? we are ment to build a club not dismantle our so called future prospects we tried it with older players and it didnt work, i thought we were going with the youth policy :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

CovLis86

Its okay, hibbert knows more than Linnell anyway... so I will take your word for it if your confirming it.

ajsccfc

We need another forward (at least) and if there's one area we can sacrifice it's central defence. If it was Richard Wood rather than Ben Turner though I'd be welcoming it with open arms.

Sub

just a rumour he might go to cardiff aswell and there has been the link to southampton nothing confirmed

Hibbert

Its okay, hibbert knows more than Linnell anyway... so I will take your word for it if your confirming it.

What you going on about you goat, don't get lemon because I hammered you earlier. Linnell is a clown who claims he knows a lot of things, all of the stuff he said on Twitter, has it come true? Has it fuck, he's a silly fan that knows fuck all, just like me and just like you.

ajsccfc

Is he the one who had his skull fractured by nice guy Chris Morgan, or am I thinking of someone else?

CovLis86

What you going on about you goat, don't get lemon because I hammered you earlier. Linnell is a clown who claims he knows a lot of things, all of the stuff he said on Twitter, has it come true? Has it fuck, he's a silly fan that knows fuck all, just like me and just like you.

Hammered me about what exactly? One thread you say Linnell knows nothing, then this thread your saying that what you know is true, BECAUSE Linnell has confirmed it?...
Bravo.

Marty

Parkin is not very good, wouldn't fit into the current system, would add something different to the squad and a far better option then Platt. I'm not worried about losing Turner, yes hes pritty good but he has proved for the last 3 seasons he can't play for more then 20 games a season, hes no good to anybody sitting in the treatment room. Craine is far better and be a bigger loss if sold.

I think we'll get around 1 mill + parkin or 1.2 million cash. Both of those deals would be fair for both clubs. Depends on how much Cardiff want to spend and what Deliu/SISU rate him.

AFCCOVENTRY

Does anyone else think the players put on long term contracts is with the intention to sell them at a higher transfer fee? :thinking about:

CovLis86

Ben Turner is solid enough and young. Think he should demand at least a million, and if its anything less, then SISU have sold us WELL short.

Hibbert

Hammered me about what exactly? One thread you say Linnell knows nothing, then this thread your saying that what you know is true, BECAUSE Linnell has confirmed it?...
Bravo.

What you going on about you baffoon, I said Linnell has confirmed it, did I say I believed Linnell's confirmation, no I didn't.

Marty

Does anyone else think the players put on long term contracts is with the intention to sell them at a higher transfer fee? :thinking about:

I'm sure people are queuing up to buy David Bell ;)

skybluek

Just been reported on sky sports news that cardiff is snooping around turner and want to get the deal done b4 wednesday

ajsccfc

That applies to any player signed to a long-term contract on nearly any team. Everyone knows that a contract no longer means 'this player will be here until XXXX', it's now more of an insurance policy against them leaving for free.

CovLis86

Well at least if they are tying people to contracts with the view to sell, they at least have enough brain cells between them to try get a fee rather than nothing. Though knowing them they probably put a 500k signing on fee and sell them for 400k.

Marty

Well at least if they are tying people to contracts with the view to sell, they at least have enough brain cells between them to try get a fee rather than nothing. Though knowing them they probably put a 500k signing on fee and sell them for 400k.

All well and good doing that, but for 1 of the worst players in the squad, and an always injuried centre back :facepalm:. Best get Baker tied to a 10 year deal today ;)

What happened with Gunnarson, Westwood & King then?

Marty

What happened with Gunnarson, Westwood & King then?

King = Better deal elsewhere
Westwood = Prem keeper in a Championship team, deserved his chance to make a name for himself in the prem.
Gunnarsson = Should never of been offered a contract, done nothing for the last 2 years.

:D

King = Better deal elsewhere
Westwood = Prem keeper in a Championship team, deserved his chance to make a name for himself in the prem.
Gunnarsson = Should never of been offered a contract, done nothing for the last 2 years.

:D

I meant with tying them into contracts... Agreed with Gunnarsson though, overrated.

J

Jack Griffin

Its all over the news media now, looks like Turner is off to Cardiff. He was always going to go somewhere, we can only hope his transfer funds a few players to come in & revamp our relegation squad to an escape by the skin of our teeth squad .

Otis

Sorry, but I do not rate Parkin at all.

Hope this isn't true. What we need is a goalscorer. His goalscoring record isn't that great. We need someone fast, nippy and quick to play off Juke. Parkin is a slow lumbering giant. Parkin needs a quick smaller player to play off him for knock downs. He is going to have Juke.

The guy is also 30.

Would be very saddened if this is true.

Will back him if he comes of course but I really don't think he is the answer to our problems. :(

dojer

I'm rooting for him to do well at Sunderland but it looked like he had a poor game against Brighton and will probably be 3rd choice once Craig Gordon gets fit. It could be a long while before Westwood actually plays regular first team football now

Users who are viewing this thread