Transfer news (1 Viewer)

Chipfat

Turner,, Clingan, Craine and Bigi will be gone by Wednesday all for money will not be put back into the club for transfer fees just put in as running cost to keep the club running till the end of the season.... Another SISU way of teeling they are investing... Dann Money,, Fox Money,, Gunny money,,,, do you want me to go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon Parkin is 29, (30/12/81)

Career goal record: 95 goals / 362 games = average of 12 goals per season

Height 6' 4"

This guy has been affectionally called "The Beast" because of his physical presence - an almighty handful on his day.

Alas, not very mobile but can hold the ball well and layoff from head and feet and can crete penalty area assists.

Worth a punt I say and could be the perfect foil for the Juke

PUSB

dilligaf

Turner,, Clingan, Craine and Bigi will be gone by Wednesday all for money will not be put back into the club for transfer fees just put in as running cost to keep the club running till the end of the season.... Another SISU way of teeling they are investing... Dann Money,, Fox Money,, Gunny money,,,, do you want me to go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No money for gunny just wages free

Astute

No money for gunny just wages free

So what do you know that the rest of us don't?

He was offered a new contract. He was under 25 when he left. If the two clubs can't agree on compensation then it is agreed for them.

ccfcway

not happy, but not unhappy

time for us not to be bullied about with the kids in teh side.

If Thorn is creating that "crazy gang spirit", the beast will fit in nicely.

Hey, an average of 12 goals a season and throw in a hopeful 10+ for Juke is a darn site better than where we are at today !

Nick

Administrator
One thing we have missed is a player who will get stuck in. I am not saying we need an animal or a thug but we need somebody to install some passion and not be a pussy.

Remember when we had Doyle? If anything was about to kick off he would be over there in their face (except for when it was Page) but we are too soft now.

Last season we did well because teams were scared, they were getting kicked all over. This season we have nothing like that.

Parkin would be spot on I think for us right now!

TalkSkyBlue

Parkin oh my god.... the player that is going to inject much needed pace in to the attack. If he signs it want be long before the boo boys find a new target. Bell and Baker will be ecstatic!

ccfcway

is he better than ROD - Yes
is he better than Platt - Yes

so, in short, at worst, he would slot straight in as our 2nd best striker...., it only strengthens the team !

SkyBlue_Bear83

is he better than ROD - Yes
is he better than Platt - Yes

so, in short, at worst, he would slot straight in as our 2nd best striker...., it only strengthens the team !
is he better than Eastwood?- debatable

Anyway I am not against selling Turner if the right price is offered and with the money we could get a much better player than Parkin

TalkSkyBlue

Ok... if you wish to take this route then... is Turner better than Wood - Yes, is Turner better than McPake - Yes, is Turner a better centre half than Keogh YES

ccfcway

Strange one really. the beast is so different to our usual transfer policy

he will have no sell on value, and isnt exactly a youngster

Nick

Administrator
Ok... if you wish to take this route then... is Turner better than Wood - Yes, is Turner better than McPake - Yes, is Turner a better centre half than Keogh YES

He had a great run last season, the season before he wasn't outstanding! Can we live without him? - yes

ccfcway

So on that basis a Turner Parkin exchange is a non starter then? - YES

er, no, remember, McNamee passed a medical at CCFC, then never played, then passed a medical at Plymouth, then never played, then passed a medical at Aberdeen then never played.

Turner could easily pass a medical

Last edited:

ccfc1973

parkin seems to have been a cult figure at all his clubs and whilst he wouldnt be my ideal choice he would be better than , platt and rod
feed the beast and he will score :blue:

Watched Parkin a few times when he played for Preston (home and away - have relations up there)- thats where the "Beast" worship started and is certainly well deserved.

He also wears his heart on his sleeve and plays with a lot of passion - he will certainly bruise a few defences if/when he plays for us - don't knock him yet, wait and see - he could surprise one or two doubters

PUSB

stupot07

A big bruising centre forward doesn't really fit in with the way Thorne wants to play football. The major thing we are missing are pace and movement, will Parkin provide this - no

Nonleagueherewecome

A big bruising centre forward doesn't really fit in with the way Thorne wants to play football. The major thing we are missing are pace and movement, will Parkin provide this - no

Parkin is a complete donkey. He has no pace, no agility, no touch and very little technical ability as a footballer. He's a slightly better version of Clive Platt, only not as good in the air-and past his best at that.

I can't believe that people are suddenly willing to accept the firesale of our best centre-back. When I said he'll be better than Dann a few seasons back I could see the potential that began to blosson last season-Ben Turner will go on to be a top Premiership footballer. He has most of the ingredients needed to be the next Cahill or Terry. And we're selling him off for bugger all of his potential value just to fund our relegation campaign (ie 2 months losses so SISU don't have to foot the bill). Utterly disgusting. Thank you for killing my football club, SISU.

Out of interest, has Turner actually played since he penned his 3 year contract? So we needn't take Gael signing a new deal as any indication that he won't be flogged to pay a months bills at Xmas.
:blue::blue::blue::blue::blue:

Last edited:

pusbccfc

If we sell gael at christmas
I'm not going to a home game until we reinvest.

SkyBlueMania

I think people are getting carried away here. If we were offered Parkin this time last year we would have laughed it off and told the club to go do one as i seriously doubt many people on here actually rate the guy as a striker that would improve our front line. Just because of this transfer drought people seem to be lowering their expectations, they just want to see someone new, anyone, coming through the door. A little more sense please people.

Otis

Well this is more the problem I have. I don't rate the bloke personally, but I am more concerned that he is not the type of forward we need. We desperately need pace up front in this team and we need a goal poacher. Parkin is neither of these. His goal scoring record isn't that great and like Jukebox he is more of a provider than a goal scorer.

Considering we have no money and have brought no-one in thus far in the outfield department, any player we do bring in has even more so to be the right one.

Lord_Nampil

Parkin is a good old fashioned striker who out muscles his way to goal either with his head or feet! He normally does
Well in a partnership!! Juke needs a partner who he can play off! Maybe AT sees something we may not! One thing is everything will come out soon!

stupot07

Parkin is a good old fashioned striker who out muscles his way to goal either with his head or feet! He normally does
Well in a partnership!! Juke needs a partner who he can play off! Maybe AT sees something we may not! One thing is everything will come out soon!

Yes a good old fashioned centre forward, but one that doesn't fit with the way we play football. I agree with Otis, we need to bring the right players in not waste transfers on players that don't fit. I suspect Cardiff want rid (because he's not good enough to get a game) - I'd rather have an extra million in transfer fee than Parkin. Bit of course Parkins not worth a million more like £300k.

TheOldFive

We need forward support, someone nippy and feisty to carry the ball out of the front of midfield, and also get up and support Juke. More or less the roles expected of McSheff and Bell but which for whatever reason they seem inhibited or incapable of consistently achieving. Parkin sounds more like back up for Juke himself which over the season seems a reasonable squad strengthening strategy. Do we know if Jeffers or Wilson are ready to do a job? Appreciate it seems that in Thomas, Bigi and Christie we have already more reliant on the Yoot than we should be comfortable with at this level. Where can we get a bit of guile from to complement them?

Glen

This would not be good Parkin must be crap if Cardiff don't want him already and £750k plus him thats a value of over a million for him RUBBISH

Users who are viewing this thread