Match Thread Tranmere Rovers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Wednesday 1st Jan (2 Viewers)

Esoterica

What a difference early goals and being clinical make. Scored 4 goals but didn't create that much on a very difficult pitch. 3 other chances in the match? Westbrooke miss first half, Godden's poor connection on the cross to back post and Walsh at the end of the team move?

Skybluefaz

What a difference early goals and being clinical make. Scored 4 goals but didn't create that much on a very difficult pitch. 3 other chances in the match? Westbrooke miss first half, Godden's poor connection on the cross to back post and Walsh at the end of the team move?
Westbrooke had a great chance to pull the trigger first half on the edge of the box but didn't. So much improvement in that department though.

clint van damme

and Shipleys chance which the keeper saved. Came in a move similar to the Westbrooke chance.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Great way to start the New year! Had to weather a storm for 20 mins in the second half and the penalty was the turning point.
Robins has been criticised for his substitutes from time to time but he got them spot on today with O’Hare and Baka involved in Godden’s 2nd goal with one of their first touches.
The pitch was a bit of a leveller but we coped in the most with it.

I agree overall but felt he was a bit slow with the subs - should have been 10 mins earlier IMO, but at least he did make them. Had they scored the pen really don't know what would've happened.

SkyblueTexan

Great result despite conceding what I hear was a sloppy goal and weathering a nervy start to the second half. Most results (bar Rotherham) went our way although we have a game in hand over Rotherham. All in all a very nice start to 2020 and let's keep it going.

no_loyalty

I’m in Lowestoft on the East coast with loads of Ipswich fans ‘both family & Freinds.
Very Very strong talk amongst them about an Ipswich swoop for Shipley in January.

Don't think he would leave us to go there.

Mcbean

I wonder if that fella put another £3 on a Godden hattrick today - i wonder what the odds were - 150/1 last week

harvey098

Rode our luck at 2-1 but I really enjoyed that second half... brilliant solidarity with the players at the end again. Happy New Year :)

Astute

I wonder if that fella put another £3 on a Godden hattrick today - i wonder what the odds were - 150/1 last week
66/1 today.

Took him 100/1 win and E/W top scorer. Them odds will come right down now.

Skyblueweeman

People talking about luck and the penalty miss being the turning point. Maybe.

But what goes around comes around. We've had shit luck with officials this season and have been on the wrong end of bad luck.

So we deserve any that comes our way at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2477

Are they for real. Dont see them offside myself and bar a 5 min spell they were awful and look like relegation material

Im sorry that was effin crap. Take away the first two goals being offside. No urgency in midfield, coventry just strolling about picking their passes. Yes they were a better side but christ almighty. Not a bloody clue apart from 20 mins in the second half

2 offside goals but a @#$%& poor performance so far

Astute

First 15 of second half was popr. But not every game can be without peril

3 wins in a row
2 away wins in a row
4 goals in 2 games in a row
Striker has 6 goals in 2
2 conceded in 3

BE HAPPY
Don't be silly. Some would find things to moan about even if we were 10 points clear at the top of the table.

Users who are viewing this thread