Traffic and speed cameras - For or against? (2 Viewers)

skybluegod

The standard of driving on motorways in shocking in terms of being able to keep left. I disagree with you though, I would actually enforce the law but fine people £250 and give them 6 points. If someone is unable to understand the concept of keep left, they probably shouldn't be driving.

Agree with that, but think despite mine being a pipe dream, it’s still more likely!
Can’t get police to police the streets let alone motorways....

Sick Boy

Agree with that, but think despite mine being a pipe dream, it’s still more likely!
Can’t get police to police the streets let alone motorways....

That's true, I've never understood why so many have a problem with keep left though, it's probably just laziness

Liquid Gold

That's true, I've never understood why so many have a problem with keep left though, it's probably just laziness
People should be taught how to drive on them. You can pass your test having never been on the motorway and so nervous people get on and stick to a single lane. To be able to drive on the motorway you should have to pass a second driving test that's motorway specific.

Sick Boy

People should be taught how to drive on them. You can pass your test having never been on the motorway and so nervous people get on and stick to a single lane. To be able to drive on the motorway you should have to pass a second driving test that's motorway specific.

Yeah fair point, I vaguely remember doing a Pass Plus extension, but it was never something that scared me in general.

Liquid Gold

Yeah fair point, I vaguely remember doing a Pass Plus extension, but it was never something that scared me in general.
Most of my driving is on the motorway as I come up to Cov for games and then head to Cornwall with family. The number of people who can't use it is astounding and something needs to be done, the number of near misses I've seen this year is astounding.

Paxman II

Cameras are a blight on society a tax collector and their is noevidence they make roads safer.
The biggest problem on motorways is not speedingbut a poor driving sense.
The biggest bug for me is those idiots going through roadworks on a motorway where 50 is the leaglly sign posted limit for safety concerns and enforced. Yet I witness so many speeding through these workers areas.

Gazolba

You know why it’s 20 don’t you? I love how we whinge about speed limits and then cry to mummy about how little Johnny got knocked over and the person is a monster. Stick to the speed limit and avoid killing children. Good enough for me
I believe the limit was set to 20 at the bottom of a hill to make money for the city. The limit was 30 at the top of the hill, then a 20 limit for 100 feet at the bottom of the hill, then it reverted to 30.
There were no children anywhere around, and I was never able to locate the school. In fact I was pulled over opposite a supermarket. I was clocked at only 22, I saw the sign but could not brake in time.
I'm a pretty careful driver, I've been driving for over 45 years and that is the only speeding ticket I've ever had. The only other ticket I ever got was for not parking between the lines at a supermarket. One tire was on the line.

Nick

Administrator

Agree, the fact you can have no experience and just go on after passing your test is a bit scary.

I don't really like motorway driving now, mainly because of other people driving like dicks all the time.

skybluegod

Yeah laziness and ignorance... Don't know if it some psychological thing where people think the left lane is the slow lane rather then just moving over until they need to overtake.

skybluegod

Most of my driving is on the motorway as I come up to Cov for games and then head to Cornwall with family. The number of people who can't use it is astounding and something needs to be done, the number of near misses I've seen this year is astounding.

Yep same here, I am on the motorway everyday, and it's getting worse, indicating is terrible, speeding up to close gaps, sitting in lanes, undertaking (when there is no need), swerving in and out of traffic, all on a daily basis

Sick Boy

Yeah laziness and ignorance... Don't know if it some psychological thing where people think the left lane is the slow lane rather then just moving over until they need to overtake.

I think that they see it as being 'the slow lane' and that if you go a certain speed you can just stay in the middle lane. I drive on the M25 a fair bit and the number of people sitting in the middle and outside lane doing around 50-60mph is shocking. IMO it is more dangerous than someone doing over 75-85 MPH.

Users who are viewing this thread