Totally unacceptable tactics and fitness. I'm OUT (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Well I would be if I hadn't bought a season ticket.

Overweight, unfit and clueless. In addition to that, the acceptance that this is okay by fans, management and commentators.

On this board fans saying a draw at home and a draw in the week against Brentford would be good and so if we beat Brentford we have got an extra point over what we expected. !!! Brentford for fu@@s sake. Home against Notts County !!!!!!

The manager saying we are unlucky implies acceptability. Could have got a draw implies we were in the match.

Players playing no better that local park players. Couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. I watched that second half and up until there second goal we never even tried. What has happened to Jordan Clarke and Baker these days ? Individually with a few exceptions we have some good League one players.

Missed opportunites !! My granny could have put then in.
Shots !! Powder puff and way way off target.
Crosses (with the exception of one in first half -missed sitter from it) !! Never beating first man.
Midfield !! No one wants the ball so pass along the back and Murphy eventually kicks it to there goalkeeper.
First touch !! Usually too far in front and immediately under pressure.
Second ball !! No one predicting and never there first
Passes !! To slow and predictable.
Talking !! Hardly any compared to other teams. More obvious at away games.
Set pieces !! Appear unrehearsed.

CWR saying it was an entertaining match. Not even contemplating discussions on unfit overweight players. Mention we were garbage and its moves on.

We have accepted mediocrity and I'm out from away games and out from this club next season.

Die hard fans will say if we start winning you will be back but then you would wouldn't you!!!

Cooksta94

Nah, just think you have to accept we aren't the Coventry City of yesteryear. We're in League 1.. Don't expect top class football or players

italiahorse

Nah, just think you have to accept we aren't the Coventry City of yesteryear. We're in League 1.. Don't expect top class football or players

Twice the crowd so assume twice the budget of Notts County. I accept a standard at this level but we are not achieving it.

- Accepted Mediocrity 1
- Agree 0

LJC_CCFC

Well I would be if I hadn't bought a season ticket.

Overweight, unfit and clueless. In addition to that, the acceptance that this is okay by fans, management and commentators.

On this board fans saying a draw at home and a draw in the week against Brentford would be good and so if we beat Brentford we have got an extra point over what we expected. !!! Brentford for fu@@s sake. Home against Notts County !!!!!!

The manager saying we are unlucky implies acceptability. Could have got a draw implies we were in the match.

Players playing no better that local park players. Couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. I watched that second half and up until there second goal we never even tried. What has happened to Jordan Clarke and Baker these days ? Individually with a few exceptions we have some good League one players.

Missed opportunites !! My granny could have put then in.
Shots !! Powder puff and way way off target.
Crosses (with the exception of one in first half -missed sitter from it) !! Never beating first man.
Midfield !! No one wants the ball so pass along the back and Murphy eventually kicks it to there goalkeeper.
First touch !! Usually too far in front and immediately under pressure.
Second ball !! No one predicting and never there first
Passes !! To slow and predictable.
Talking !! Hardly any compared to other teams. More obvious at away games.
Set pieces !! Appear unrehearsed.

CWR saying it was an entertaining match. Not even contemplating discussions on unfit overweight players. Mention we were garbage and its moves on.

We have accepted mediocrity and I'm out from away games and out from this club next season.

Die hard fans will say if we start winning you will be back but then you would wouldn't you!!!

Yawn one defeat get over it, do you not recall the last 18 months of football we have watched. Robins is working to improve every aspect of the club and this believe it or nor takes time. If we had taken one of the many chances we had in the first 35 mins we would have won

Otis

We were slightly unlucky in some ways, even though it was an inept performance and that doesn't excuse things.

For instance, think it was Moussa who had a shot on goal in the first half which their keeper parried. Somehow the bounce of the ball from the parry evaded the one rushing McGoldrick. County very lucky there and the ball just didn't fall for us. Just little runs of the ball weren't quite going our way yesterday.

We certainly should have scored at least 3 goals in that first half.

Sutty

Set-pieces unrehearsed? We've scored 3 goals from set-pieces in the last 2 games. Could have had another from a training ground routine yesterday but McGoldrick fluffed his shot.

I agree it was a bad performance but you're trying to pick holes in one of the only things that's been going right recently.

italiahorse

Yawn one defeat get over it, do you not recall the last 18 months of football we have watched. Robins is working to improve every aspect of the club and this believe it or nor takes time. If we had taken one of the many chances we had in the first 35 mins we would have won

I've been there, home and way, most the time. This is worse than ever.

- Accepted Mediocrity 2
- On way to accepting Mediocrity 1
- Agree 0

italiahorse

Set-pieces unrehearsed? We've scored 3 goals from set-pieces in the last 2 games. Could have had another from a training ground routine yesterday but McGoldrick fluffed his shot.

I agree it was a bad performance but you're trying to pick holes in one of the only things that's been going right recently.

Set pieces include defending !

In a weirdly reassuring way, it's strange that even playing so clueless and predictable we arguably could have won a lot of the games we've lost this season.

Italiahorse, your still living in the past, we are in league 1 now, just enjoy the ride and let Robins and his merry men sort it out :facepalm:

WillieStanley

The first half started off a lot like most of the matches have this season where we've come out all guns blazing and been really unlucky not to put a few away. The one that sticks out in my mind was the low cross along the goal line. Callum Ball was a fraction away from it and if it had touched anyone it was in but it fired out of play.

After about half an hour it fizzled down into lethargy. The second half wasn't spectacular but we still looked a good side guilty of losing focus. That's where the captain comes in, but stuck out on the right, his input as a motivator is limited.

As fans, I don't think we've accepted mediocrity, but are aware of the situation we're in and trying to make the best of what we have, in the hope that something better is on the horizon. The signs are promising but the players have got to stay focused and remember the basics.

Fleck was almost the whole team personified yesterday. He was brilliant yet unlucky in the first half, but faded dramatically in the second.

Also, I noticed that the ball was bobbing all over the place but never ever fell for us.

sylus

" Also, I noticed that the ball was bobbing all over the place but never ever fell for us.".. it never does fall for us..odd that,don't you think

italiahorse

" Also, I noticed that the ball was bobbing all over the place but never ever fell for us.".. it never does fall for us..odd that,don't you think

Its called getting to the second ball. Predicting where it falls is a skill we lack, but not attempting to be there implies either they can't be bothered or they don't expect our player to win it.

italiahorse

In a weirdly reassuring way, it's strange that even playing so clueless and predictable we arguably could have won a lot of the games we've lost this season.

But ...................................................We didn't

- Accepted Mediocrity 5
- On way to accepting mediocrity 3
- Agree 1

Covstu

In a weird kind of way, yes I think we have accepted mediocrity, we have no resources, poor support and dont have any assets. I think the frustration is that we all remember the premier league days and yes we would like that back but sadly we are not going there again unless major investment is in place.

Grendel

I don't understand what you mean by accepted mediocrity. Supporters have no power to change personnel and neither has Robins.

Last 6 games suggest 60 points in a full season which is significantly better than most prior seasons.

He cannot put right in 4 weeks the losing culture and general lethargy created by the clown that mis-managed the club for the last 18 months.

We didn't play well but there would have been no injustice of we had won the game.

tippex9

So my options are.... Agree with OP or be wrong....

Dictatorship!!!!

I'm out!!!!

italiahorse

I don't understand what you mean by accepted mediocrity. Supporters have no power to change personnel and neither has Robins.

Last 6 games suggest 60 points in a full season which is significantly better than most prior seasons.

He cannot put right in 4 weeks the losing culture and general lethargy created by the clown that mis-managed the club for the last 18 months.

We didn't play well but there would have been no injustice of we had won the game.

Just say its not good enough and then people will raise their game.
Don't say its all okay or they will continue as they are.
CWR - Don't only have long discussions with people who are agree with the situation and short discussions with those that disagree. Presenters don't accept the situation is okay.

Andy Thorn was a scout who did his best but not a manager. Blame his bosses for putting him in a situation that was out his depth. Nice guy.
Last six games were poor displays but agreed better results.
Is 60 points acceptable for a team with more resources than the majority of other teams?
If we get less than 60 points will this become acceptable?

Mr T - Sukka!

I have been a home game stay away fan for a while, so yesterday i decided to go to the ticket office and pay £22 to go with a few pals.

What i seen was shocking!

1) No movement off the ball when we have it.
2) Giving the ball away all the time! Criminal at this or any level.
3) McGoldrick having to do all the work on his own, the only one trying.
4) Players not looking interested.
5) Players freezing when they have possession.
6) Leaving opposition players unmarked all to often.
7) Not even really testing there keeper.
8) Players looking so unfit.
9) Murphy playing dangerous passes to the back 4.
10) No goal threat.

I could go on but i have lost interest. Safe to say i wont be coming next home game.

£22 for that, what a joke! I'm sick of the crap that we have to sit and watch! Its not good enough!

RichieGunns

Italiahorse, Italiahorse, Italiahorse...

The fact your keeping score means your looking for attention. You want people to come on here and either agree with you or disagree with you so you can add them to your precious scoring system.

So here's my view based on your criteria:

Accepting Mediocrity - If doing this means a stable football club that can begin to build itself back up again then yes im accepting Mediocrity. Robin's is going to make us come good but over a greater period of time than the mirical "few weeks" you seem to think it takes. I expect a season of this because after the way our club has been pulled apart and destroyed, it's going to take that much time to get us to come good again. Robin's will need to drastically change the squad and that will probably only happen next summer (fingers crossed) with the odd new player coming in this January (if we're lucky). Seeing how random and unimpressive SISU have been over the years you never know if they're gonna sell one of our promising players or shower our manager with money etc. They're unpredictable and totally unmanagable lol

You scream at people when they don't accept your view and you put them in catagories to try and make them look bad but the truth is, we've seen countless numbers of your kind who after one defeat (all be it a disappointing one, which we should have won but didn't) who start throwing their toys out of the pram and screaming about how they're never going to go to a match again until he's out, she's out, the kitchen sinks gone and the bloody cat has been shaved etc. We even had one guy who'd been a supporter for 50 years and he had such a melodramatic turn that he probably could have done well on the stage (and I'm a professional actor so i should know about that lol) and then promptly gave his season ticket, shirt and sky blue related to the shop and deleted his account on here...seriously? A spend 50 years following your his team and when things get bad, he decide to walk away, just like that!

I and a lot of people on here wouldn't do that as we're city till we die. It doesn't matter whats going on with the club, what matters is they're still playing football (however badly) and we haven't been put into administration yet or been liquidated! So do i accept Medicrity if it means my club still exists...yes i do...do i accept your blatant "i've had enough and i don't want to support them but ive got a season ticket blah blah blah" line...no i dont! If you don't want to stick to our club through thick and thin, then go do what that last guy i referenced did, go and demand a refund or just give the season ticket to someone like me Who can't afford to go to matches because i have a shitty financial situation. Someone like me or the countless other people out there who sit at our radios week in week out because its the only way we can listen to our beloved club. The hundreds (if not thousands) of people who want so badly to go to their club and support them but can't whether it be because of money issues, health issues etc but can't while holy than though art gits like you throw away their support because they don't like ONE DEFEAT!!!

Please take your moany ass bitching to another club...go support a team that are in the premiership and are winning week in week out...theres plenty of them around here...Villa for a start (but they aren't winning week in week out so they probably wont interest you!) But please don't come here, shouting the odds, telling people youve had enough and you want out and then think your that cool that you can MAKE A FUCKING CHAT making out we're shitter fans than you. So please...go do one...and only come back when your ready to accept the truth of the situation, that this club is where it is and no amount of stamping your feet, moaning and wanking over our glorious past is going to bring it back!

Hard work by Robin's and the team (which will happen in time) and a fantastic, unwavering support by true Coventry supporters will get us through this hard time! Nothing else!

italiahorse

The fact your keeping score means your looking for attention. You want people to come on here and either agree with you or disagree with you so you can add them to your precious scoring system.

Accepting Mediocrity - If doing this means a stable football club that can begin to build itself back up again then yes im accepting Mediocrity. Robin's is going to make us come good but over a greater period of time than the mirical "few weeks" you seem to think it takes. I expect a season of this because after the way our club has been pulled apart and destroyed, it's going to take that much time to get us to come good again. Robin's will need to drastically change the squad and that will probably only happen next summer (fingers crossed) with the odd new player coming in this January (if we're lucky). Seeing how random and unimpressive SISU have been over the years you never know if they're gonna sell one of our promising players or shower our manager with money etc. They're unpredictable and totally unmanagable lol

You scream at people when they don't accept your view and you put them in catagories to try and make them look bad but the truth is, we've seen countless numbers of your kind who after one defeat (all be it a disappointing one, which we should have won but didn't) who start throwing their toys out of the pram and screaming about how they're never going to go to a match again until he's out, she's out, the kitchen sinks gone and the bloody cat has been shaved etc. We even had one guy who'd been a supporter for 50 years and he had such a melodramatic turn that he probably could have done well on the stage (and I'm a professional actor so i should know about that lol) and then promptly gave his season ticket, shirt and sky blue related to the shop and deleted his account on here...seriously? A spend 50 years following your his team and when things get bad, he decide to walk away, just like that!

I and a lot of people on here wouldn't do that as we're city till we die. It doesn't matter whats going on with the club, what matters is they're still playing football (however badly) and we haven't been put into administration yet or been liquidated! So do i accept Medicrity if it means my club still exists...yes i do...do i accept your blatant "i've had enough and i don't want to support them but ive got a season ticket blah blah blah" line...no i dont! If you don't want to stick to our club through thick and thin, then go do what that last guy i referenced did, go and demand a refund or just give the season ticket to someone like me Who can't afford to go to matches because i have a shitty financial situation. Someone like me or the countless other people out there who sit at our radios week in week out because its the only way we can listen to our beloved club. The hundreds (if not thousands) of people who want so badly to go to their club and support them but can't whether it be because of money issues, health issues etc but can't while holy than though art gits like you throw away their support because they don't like ONE DEFEAT!!!

Please take your moany ass bitching to another club...go support a team that are in the premiership and are winning week in week out...theres plenty of them around here...Villa for a start (but they aren't winning week in week out so they probably wont interest you!) But please don't come here, shouting the odds, telling people youve had enough and you want out and then think your that cool that you can MAKE A FUCKING CHAT making out we're shitter fans than you. So please...go do one...and only come back when your ready to accept the truth of the situation, that this club is where it is and no amount of stamping your feet, moaning and wanking over our glorious past is going to bring it back!

Hard work by Robin's and the team (which will happen in time) and a fantastic, unwavering support by true Coventry supporters will get us through this hard time! Nothing else!

- Accepted Mediocrity 5
- On way to accepting mediocrity 5
- Confused 1
- Agree 1

italiahorse

This could be a 2 pointer.

RichieGunns

Admin - Can this thread be closed please.

It's a pointless thread because whatever someone says, he will simply add them to his little list without even discussing the points people raise. It does not promote discussion, it just promotes anger (as I have demonstrated I'm afraid) and gives Italiahorse the chance to lord himself over those of us who do not agree with him.

As someone said, this is a dictatorship of a thread. It's all about his views and how he's right regardless of what any of us say so really there's no point to it...

WillieStanley

Just say its not good enough and then people will raise their game.

I don't think you've ever been involved in any man management of any kind, have you?

People are not black and white, there's all these defferent shades of grey, usually called personality which encorporates, learnt knowledge, behaviours, nature, nurture, self esteem, mentality and so on and so forth.

All of these factors have to be taken into consideration.

A prime example is Nathan Cameron. Once an exciting prospect but has never been anywhere near a positive working environment or winning team. Think of the damage that can do to someone and think of all the work it takes to reverse that.

First you've got to instill that positive working environment and then you'll see the benefit of a winning team. Most of our players come from relatively desperate environments. Robins has got to change that.

Long gone is the time for damage limitation, we are now starting from scratch.

I put to you that it's not that you won't accept mediocrity, it's that you wont face up to reality.

Users who are viewing this thread