Torch (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Now that did make me laugh!

Don't worry I'm sure he managed to be reborn far wealthier a few days later.

dongonzalos

Hoping a commercial entity that you have a vested interest in goes bankrupt is nonsense. Sorry but that is the answer.

Only if you know that means the end of the commercial entity, what does history tell you? Is it likely that this will mean the end of the commerciall entity? No, so sorry but still not really a logical educated arguement.

You need to start thinking about Sun-Tzu's treatise on the 'Art of War'

dongonzalos

Tecnically still did not get to have a debate with you torch over the liquidation thing. Kinda had one with Duffy instead in between Bob Monkhouse and alien comments.

Did not even get to touch on the buying season tickets at the last minute debate I wanted to have with you.

Maybe another time. I will give it a go and no doubt get some of the Fraiser and Nile Crane styled quailty comedy back from you two, however I will try despite feeling like Martin

Last edited:

ajsccfc

If people are to be discredited because they don't know the exact facts about things they have no access to and/or can't accurately read the future, who's left here?

dongonzalos

If people are to be discredited because they don't know the exact facts about things they have no access to and/or can't accurately read the future, who's left here?

I have argued that very same point when I gave an opinion and someone told me I can only talk in facts. I totally disagree.

That is not what I am saying.

I am saying when someone makes a suggestion as oppose to just saying "nah rubbish". Try and give it a bit more thought. If you are then asked why do you think nah rubbish maybe have an answer that goes a bit futher than nah rubbish

If you find you cant answer the tricky questions then maybe try and find the answers or encourage the people who are on here who maybe able to.

torchomatic

covlad1986

I was just looking around at other clubs that went in Admin or liquidation,

In some cases the club would go to the high court for the judge to decide and the judge will appoints an administrator and it is his job to find a buyer for the club but the administrator must set a deadline otherwise the the club will but force to liquidate it self the administrator will but in control of everything apart from picking the team and coaching staff.

When an administrator is in charge upto 70% of the debt is clear but it is upto the main creditors how much they want but the administrator main job is to find a buyer for the club as quickly as he can.

In a couple of cases the football league have expelled the football club from playing in the league and this will only happen if the FL is not satisfied that the club would complete all of its fixtures.

If liquidation did happen the club would go out of business all together and it would have to be reborn with a different name ie. AFC Coventry and the new club would have to sent a request to the FL to enter a league and in most case it would be the lowest league in the area of the club and I would think it might be the Midlands Football Alliance League but it has got to be accepted by the football league.

I hope that has cleared a bit up for you.

dongonzalos

I was just looking around at other clubs that went in Admin or liquidation,

In some cases the club would go to the high court for the judge to decide and the judge will appoints an administrator and it is his job to find a buyer for the club but the administrator must set a deadline otherwise the the club will but force to liquidate it self the administrator will but in control of everything apart from picking the team and coaching staff.

When an administrator is in charge upto 70% of the debt is clear but it is upto the main creditors how much they want but the administrator main job is to find a buyer for the club as quickly as he can.

In a couple of cases the football league have expelled the football club from playing in the league and this will only happen if the FL is not satisfied that the club would complete all of its fixtures.

If liquidation did happen the club would go out of business all together and it would have to be reborn with a different name ie. AFC Coventry and the new club would have to sent a request to the FL to enter a league and in most case it would be the lowest league in the area of the club and I would think it might be the Midlands Football Alliance League but it has got to be accepted by the football league.

I hope that has cleared a bit up for you.

Thankyou very much. So if that is correct 70% of our debt gone.

Interesting. 70% of the loans to SISU written off.

Lots of fans on here say they would support their club whatever happens, where ever we are under whatever circumstances.

Torch I think and happy to be corrected if I am wrong but I think you are one of these fans.

So Some one has to consider would they buy Coventry for 10-12 million.

If they could pre agree a deal with the council and higgs for half the stadium aswell.

Lots of fans would come whatever the situation and I think new fans would come if someone new did buy the club and bought an entire new team for that division.

Not quite the worst thing that could ever happen to the club if you start actually considering as oppose to just going

Nah rubbish

Still happy for logical educated to arguements to change my mind

Sky Blue Kid

Torchomatic......But the crux of the matter is that no one knows what league we would end up in. No one on here has the answer, we can only guess. The Football League would decide.

That's weird, I thought you were bi/multi lingual, or even a mind reader.....Well at least you claim to be able to "Translate" what I say in my posts. I see nothing wrong in Dongonzalos asking you questions involving CCFC.(This is a forum for debating)
Would it not be easier to answer, rather than "Take the piss" like you are doing....and that goes for your buddy kduffy. You bluster and waffle(In the 4 or 5 words like you do) I've since been told you are/were the same on CET forums:jerkit:

cheever

If you know the answers to questions such as this and the are so dismisive of other people's views about this subject. Then really you should probably explain to them why they are so way off the mark. Otherwise comments such as Conspiracy theory a go go, Another liquidation follower. Etc..Don't really get your point over, it just sounds to me personally anyway just a bit childish.

I much prefere a debate and to get to te bottom of the differing views and maybe I learn something I haven't considered. As has happened a quite few times on here with me. Like yesterday when OSB corrected me on something.

But if that is not your thing and you saw my questions and just ignored them then fair comment.

I will not bother to trying and see if there is some more depth in "another liquidation follower" or words to that effect type of comment.

Fair play, I agree that some on here, not just Torchimatic, do make sweeping statements to ridicule other posters and promote their views with little or no substance to support their own views.

cheever

Tecnically still did not get to have a debate with you torch over the liquidation thing. Kinda had one with Duffy instead in between Bob Monkhouse and alien comments.

Did not even get to touch on the buying season tickets at the last minute debate I wanted to have with you.

Maybe another time. I will give it a go and no doubt get some of the Fraiser and Nile Crane styled quailty comedy back from you two, however I will try despite feeling like Martin

Forget, it, mate, you won't get a debate from the likes of Torchie.

He makes general, unsupported, statements, and then stonewalls when faced with a response.

A mark of his knowledge on these matters was his opinion (until a few months ago) about SISU.

End of.

You've made your point, no doubt, Dongy.

Grendel

No, mate, you have been rumbled....come on, back up your views with FACTS/EVIDENCE.....:thinking about:

When there are no facts or evidence presented the other way, an answer is then given several times and then the same question re-appears in another format it gets very tiresome.

One of the few facts I see on here is that Leeds are cited as an example of a club that went into liquidation - they didn't.

torchomatic

I am genuinely puzzled/perplexed why Dongo - and now you, by association - are getting all worked up.

Firstly, he started this thread because I had not specifically answered his question. Secondly, I explicitly answered that question on other threads and THREE times on this thread alone. Still, he doesn't seem to be satisfied. Even more bizarre is your post below, which I quote. I agree, I see nothing wrong with him asking me a question. However, when it has been answered at least FIVE times then he should know my position on the matter. He disagrees. Fine, I disagree with him.

We are constantly told this forum is about opinions, etc but it seems that you have a problem with anyone who has one contrary to your own or - by association again to Dong. Then I am accused of being dismissive. I reply as i see fit, like you do, like we all do on here. As far as i am aware there isn't a tablet of stone which dictates my replies should be of a satisfactory length for the two of you. Also, neither I nor anyone else can ''bluster and waffle in four or five words'.

You dislike me, I dislike you. Put me on your ignore list and I will be more than happy to return the favour.

Torchomatic......But the crux of the matter is that no one knows what league we would end up in. No one on here has the answer, we can only guess. The Football League would decide.

That's weird, I thought you were bi/multi lingual, or even a mind reader.....Well at least you claim to be able to "Translate" what I say in my posts. I see nothing wrong in Dongonzalos asking you questions involving CCFC.(This is a forum for debating)
Would it not be easier to answer, rather than "Take the piss" like you are doing....and that goes for your buddy kduffy. You bluster and waffle(In the 4 or 5 words like you do) I've since been told you are/were the same on CET forums:jerkit:

Last edited:

Grendel

Dongle was stalking me a few weeks ago.

He does seem to get a bit het up and take things personally.

Yes but you've only been mini stalked. Me and torch have had our own threads.

torchomatic

Undera

General and unsupported statements, eh? Have you read posts on SBT lately? The forum is full of unsupported statements, they are called rumours and SBT is overflowing with them.

Forget, it, mate, you won't get a debate from the likes of Torchie.

He makes general, unsupported, statements, and then stonewalls when faced with a response.

A mark of his knowledge on these matters was his opinion (until a few months ago) about SISU.

End of.

You've made your point, no doubt, Dongy.

The Reverend Skyblue

I don't like getting invovled in any dis-agreement but we should just respect other peoples views and not try to get personal or dismissive in your replies.
If every bugger agreed with each other it would be dull and boring. Its just accepting people think different to you,then move on.
We all have posters on here who sometimes make you mad at the way they think, all i do is shut down my laptop and go and do something else, and if you can 't find something else, I go and talk to the missus.
We all have one thing in common, we support Cov, and in the end thats all that matters

The Rev

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't like getting invovled in any dis-agreement but we should just respect other peoples views and not try to get personal or dismissive in your replies.
If every bugger agreed with each other it would be dull and boring. Its just accepting people think different to you,then move on.
We all have posters on here who sometimes make you mad at the way they think, all i do is shut down my laptop and go and do something else, and if you can 't find something else, I go and talk to the missus.
We all have one thing in common, we support Cov, and in the end thats all that matters

The Rev

More to the point Rev-with so many people in Cov going down the glory hunting route, that we still have a few busy forums full of people who've stuck by the club is something in itself. Even if they have opinions about as valid as Tim Fisher, that they still support Cov gives them more respect in my eyes than your average United wearing piece of plastic.

Sky Blue Kid

More to the point Rev-with so many people in Cov going down the glory hunting route, that we still have a few busy forums full of people who've stuck by the club is something in itself. Even if they have opinions about as valid as Tim Fisher, that they still support Cov gives them more respect in my eyes than your average United wearing piece of plastic.

No such thing as glory hunting at Coventry BSB. One "Pot" in 126 years proves that mate.
If I'm reading this right, you are saying, hypothetically speaking, someone who has ..say...had a ST for the last 5 years is a supporter who has more respect in your eyes than a lot of supporters like me for instance, who has held ST's for the last FOURTY(40) years, but will not buy another and has not bought one since the begining of last season. I have spent thousands upon thousands following CCFC home and away, and like many have had a gutfull of SISU's tactics. Just trying to clarify your post.:)

Grendel

No such thing as glory hunting at Coventry BSB. One "Pot" in 126 years proves that mate.
If I'm reading this right, you are saying, hypothetically speaking, someone who has ..say...had a ST for the last 5 years is a supporter who has more respect in your eyes than a lot of supporters like me for instance, who has held ST's for the last FOURTY(40) years, but will not buy another and has not bought one since the begining of last season. I have spent thousands upon thousands following CCFC home and away, and like many have had a gutfull of SISU's tactics. Just trying to clarify your post.:)

Odd that. The day we played Chelsea there was a full house. I thought that was down to glory hunters - perhaps it was because the sun was shining.

Brighton Sky Blue

SBK, think you've got your wires crossed here. I was talking about glory hunting United/Chelski/flavour of the month fans. If that wasn't clear I apologise :)

Nonleagueherewecome

Why is this thread? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread