Torch (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I have asked you a couple of questions and either becaause of the fast pace of this forum you may have missed them or the fact I am having a beer I may have missed your replies.

So apologies for naming a thread after you, however please take it as an honour only previously given to Nick and Duffy by myself ( I think)

torchomatic

Well, I am honoured. If liquidated then I know which division we would end up in as much as you do. At the very least it would be L2 or the Conference, I would imagine. I don't want that and I want apologise for it. What do you expect me to say?

I'm not going to agree with you SBK or others that want that option.

Grendel

This is becoming tiresome.

torchomatic

I wonder if Nick could make a separate sub-forum for every user. That way we could pop questions in there that we think other users haven't answered.

dongonzalos

Well, I am honoured. If liquidated then I know which division we would end up in as much as you do. At the very least it would be L2 or the Conference, I would imagine. I don't want that and I want apologise for it. What do you expect me to say?

I'm not going to agree with you SBK or others that want that option.

I am open to all ideas and like to have them all discussed. You seem particually clear that liquidation would be the worst thing that coukd ever happen to the club.

Hence I thought maybe you know all the facts.

Hence my question. As you are right I dont know what division we would end up in

As you know liquidation is the worst option, I wronlgly presumed you knew

dongonzalos

So you donr know and I dont know.

It seems the worst people are saying is a midland alliance league, the best is suggested by Duffy League 2.

Do you know if we will be clear of all our debts if we are liquidated and a new owner comes in and agrees a deal with the counci/Higgsl to get half the stadium. Will they get a team name but have no players?

dongonzalos

If you know the answers to questions such as this and the are so dismisive of other people's views about this subject. Then really you should probably explain to them why they are so way off the mark. Otherwise comments such as Conspiracy theory a go go, Another liquidation follower. Etc..Don't really get your point over, it just sounds to me personally anyway just a bit childish.

I much prefere a debate and to get to te bottom of the differing views and maybe I learn something I haven't considered. As has happened a quite few times on here with me. Like yesterday when OSB corrected me on something.

But if that is not your thing and you saw my questions and just ignored them then fair comment.

I will not bother to trying and see if there is some more depth in "another liquidation follower" or words to that effect type of comment.

Grendel

This is beginning to remind me of that old 1950's movie - Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Aliens have taken over the world in human form. In this version Coventry supporters are
being taken over by mindless idiots who want to get back home to planet liquidation. There are only two humans left me and Torchmatic.

Though actually outside this little microcosm of the world there are 5,000 like the pair of us - thank god.

dongonzalos

Duffy

What do yo you think will happen if the club enters administration with a view to liquidatiing

Do you know the answers to the above questions?

torchomatic

We must have our tin foil hats on. Or, we're the only two without tin foil hats on. I can't decide which it is.

dongonzalos

Some interesting responses here to what I think are quite reasonable questions.

When you start digging at the surface it seems the answers are lacking, then you get a poor attempt at comedy.

Or maybe it is really good comedy I have just have a crap sense of humour

Grendel

When you start digging at the surface it seems the answers are lacking, then you get a poor attempt at comedy.

They are irrelevant questions. If we do go into administration then we get a 10 point penalty and administrators search for new owners. Liquidation has rarely happened in football to a club of our size and when it did (Charlton) there was no penalty so they restarted.

Why irrelevant? We have no control over it that's why. If we go into administration then any buyers will be judged by the administrators. No one wants us, we are a basket case. Face it and just get a ticket and hope it works out.

torchomatic

I really can't see why you're making such an issue of it. Some people want administration or liquidation because they want rid of SISU at any costs. I don't. That's not really hard to understand, is it?

Do I know where we'd end up if we were liquidated? Nope, no one does. I don't want to take the gamble though. There, that's my answer and my point of view. It maybe totally wrong, but there you go.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

What debts will we likely to still have if we go into administration or liquidation for the new owners?

I appreciate you will not know exact figures

Currently you are right we are a basket case. If someone wants to buy us they need to meet SISU's demands. Then start dealing with the Council and the charity

However if you get a ten point dedcution or a drop to league 2 and SISU are now out of the equation

What debts would a new potential buyer have to take on and are we still a basket case?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

If we enter administration, it cannot be with a view to anything. The fate would be handed over to the administrators, so there can be no 'view to' taken in. The administrators take all the decisions and effectively run the company.

They are obliged to look for the best deal possible for those who are owed debt by the company, and to sell the business as a going concern.

I hope that makes things a touch more clear

Astute

Football is full of basket cases. The difference is some baskets are much bigger than others. Is ours as big as Portsmouth's?

Grendel

What debts will we likely to still have if we go into administration or liquidation for the new owners?

I appreciate you will not know exact figures

Currently you are right we are a basket case. If someone wants to buy us they need to meet SISU's demands. Then start dealing with the Council and the charity

However if you get a ten point dedcution or a drop to league 2 and SISU are now out of the equation

What debts would a new potential buyer have to take on and are we still a basket case?

Cant you get it or are you being deliberately obtuse? Administration takes the club into the hands of an independant body who then will decide who should take us on. We have no control - we are almost certainly condemned to another relegation. It's something we need to avoid at all costs.

dongonzalos

You sse no deal for SISU for the stadium then SISU are left attempting t sell just a football club. The only way they see they can do that is make the football club run at a profit.

How do you see SISU getting the footbal club to be making a profit without a share of the stadium.

Personally I can only see 2 ways to do this
go on a big investment spree get full crowds and big tv delas ( not going to happen)
Get relegeated to league 2 cut your playing costs and expenditire to the minimum and hope ypur loyal fan base will still come.
(again personally I think SISU will do this and it wont work)

If you are correct and liquidation will mean relegation to league 2, can you now see why this may be worth wile even having a debate about and trying to get an answer to the questions we are asking?

Grendel

You sse no deal for SISU for the stadium then SISU are left attempting t sell just a football club. The only way they see they can do that is make the football club run at a profit.

How do you see SISU getting the footbal club to be making a profit without a share of the stadium.

Personally I can only see 2 ways to do this
go on a big investment spree get full crowds and big tv delas ( not going to happen)
Get relegeated to league 2 cut your playing costs and expenditire to the minimum and hope ypur loyal fan base will still come.
(again personally I think SISU will do this and it wont work)

If you are correct and liquidation will mean relegation to league 2, can you now see why this may be worth wile even having a debate about and trying to get an answer to the questions we are asking?

No it's nonsense.

torchomatic

But the crux of the matter is that no one knows what league we would end up in. No one on here has the answer, we can only guess. The Football League would decide.

Grendel

But the crux of the matter is that no one knows what league we would end up in. No one on here has the answer, we can only guess. The Football League would decide.

What it would mean is every player being allowed to leave for free. It's a nightmare scenario. It's like having a headache and sticking it in a guillotine to get rid of the pain.

dongonzalos

No it's nonsense.

Depth again Duffy, sorry fella but no its nonence doesn't cut it.

That is the answer when you cant give an answer.

If it is not correct then explain exactly why. Like I say I am happy to learn

At the moment in my little deluded brain it is a possibility and I still have not heard an educated explanation as to why ot is not even an option.

if someone says to me "nah rubbish" but doesn't put a point forward I can agree or disgree with then that comment means nothing to me really

torchomatic

I thought you were going to bed? I'm off once the Bob Monkhouse programme has finished on BBC4.

Grendel

Depth again Duffy, sorry fella but no its nonence doesn't cut it.

That is the answer when you cant give an answer.

If it is not correct then explain exactly why. Like I say I am happy to learn

At the moment in my little deluded brain it is a possibility and I still have not heard an educated explanation as to why ot is not even an option.

if someone says to me "nah rubbish" but doesn't put a point forward I can agree or disgree with then that comment means nothing to me really

Hoping a commercial entity that you have a vested interest in goes bankrupt is nonsense. Sorry but that is the answer.

dongonzalos

My point is fella's and it has took a long time to get there. If Torch had answered my questions earlier maybe it would have been a bit quicker

When it actually comes to the crunch. We dont actually have the answers.

However the answers are actually out there.

People have been in contact with the football association so maybe someone could ask them

Are we allowed to be liquidated or do we have to go into administration first

What are your standard punishments for this situation. What league would we be demoted to?

Someone out there must have the knowledge about previous administrations and how much of the original debt is taken on by the eventual new buyers.

These questions have to be answered before you can say liquidation is the worse thing that can happen to Coventry or it is the best thing.

Knowledge is power and before riping other people's ideas apart debate them a bit and dont just come out with dismissive one liners.

To be fair you will probably ignore what I say and do what you want.

However I would prefer people do a bit of digging and then when they give an opinion slating or supporting someone else's possible solution for our mess there is a reason why.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Carlsey just on Talk sport now, said he has been promoted and is currently coach of the development squad. No mention of a promotion to Harrison's position.

Grendel

My point is fella's and it has took a long time to get there. If Torch had answered my questions earlier maybe it would have been a bit quicker

When it actually comes to the crunch. We dont actually have the answers.

However the answers are actually out there.

Peole have been in contact with the football association so maybe someone could ask them

Are we allowed to be liquidated or do we have to go into administration first

What are your standard punishment for this situation. What league would be demoted to.

Someone out there must have the knowledge about previous administrations and how much of the original debt is taken on by the eventual new buyers.

These questions have to be answered before you can say liquidation is the worse thing hat can happen to Coventry or it is the best thing.

Knowledge is power and before riping other people ideas apart debate them a bit and dont just come out with dismissive oone liners.

To be fair you will probably ignore what I say and do what you want.

However I would prefer people do a bit of digging and then when they give an opinion slting or supporting someone else's possible solution for our mess there is a reason why.

Is Bob Monkhouse finished yet?

torchomatic

dongonzalos

I thought you were going to bed? I'm off once the Bob Monkhouse programme has finished on BBC4.

I was thinking about going to bed remember. There is a distinctive difference between a thinking phase and an action phase bit like due dilligence or tooth fairies contemplating a deal where the goal posts just dropped a division since it was first proposed.:)

torchomatic

Grendel

Ooh, that's a bit below the belt. We love Bob in our house.

Don't worry I'm sure he managed to be reborn far wealthier a few days later.

Users who are viewing this thread