Terry Cooper
Billy Bremner
Norman Hunter
Actually the whole Leeds side from that era
Tommy Smith
George Graham
Chopper Harris
Every team in those days had at least one hard man
City: Curtis, Holton, Pearce, Allardyce, Konjic, Yorath, Wise, Carsley, Thompson, McGrath, Speedie, Hartson,

harvey098

David bell.

Haha that was a joke but out of the current crop it has to be James Mcpake. I think he is the best "defender" we have at the club but not the best "footballing defender" that obviously AT likes us to play with.

DazzleTommyDazzle

could go on for ever but wont curtis for me

Yep - George was from a different era - and he was one of the toughest even then.

It was rumoured that whenever a certain Irish forward (who may or may not have been called Derek Dougan) played against Coventry, he always contrived to spend the entire game on the left wing - or any other part of the pitch that George wan't occupying.........

RedSalmon

I seem to remeber Graham Souness getting sent off when he was playing for Spurs reserves against Coventry reserves in the reserve team Cup Final at Highfield Road. It was about the fifth time he kicked Dennis Mortimer in the air before he got sent off!!

A lot of older Liverpool fans reckon Jimmy Case was the hardest player they ever saw play for them.

Heard an anecdote from someone who was in the medical room when Liam Daish had his medical at Coventry. He said that Daish was asked about any previous injuries, and then proceeded to list a whole catalogue of non football related injuries picked up fighting, including a couple of stabbings and a bullet wound!!

Always thought Terry Yorath was the hardest player I ever saw play for Coventry, closely followed by Lloyd McGrath.

Users who are viewing this thread