Tony Mowbray (1 Viewer)

Frostie

He may well be a nice bloke but he did leave us right in the shit with people like Jamie Sterry Andre Wright and Daniel fucking Agyei. Worst squad in living memory he cobbled together after thinking he could get proven championship players in league 1

Oi, Jamie Sterry was MotM for his new club yesterday...

South Shields FC in the Northern Premier League

covcity4life

Since the idiots in our fanbase have put him down continually he has achieved promotion and beat us twice

I don't like being proven right on this one. Start being nice and lets shed this karma!!!

Brighton Sky Blue

We did hand them the three points but he didn't have to say anything about the club or the supporters but he chose to do so

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Always easy to say things like that when you’ve had a good day-can’t really forgive him for the dumpster fire that was 2016

Grendel

Do kind of blame him for totally bombing the 2015/16 season too

Since February of that year to his departure we were in freefall and it’s telling that once promotion had gone we actually won a few games at the end of that season

Evo1883

Do kind of blame him for totally bombing the 2015/16 season too

Not sure, fans overlook the huge amount of injuries over the course of the season at the back( 7 I believe) ... Which meant we never had a settled back line... That cost us more, added to the fact Armstrong simply stopped scoring for large periods.. What can you do

Brighton Sky Blue

Not sure, fans overlook the huge amount of injuries over the course of the season at the back( 7 I believe) ... Which meant we never had a settled back line... That cost us more, added to the fact Armstrong simply stopped scoring for large periods.. What can you do

We failed to score at home to a doomed Colchester side that conceded nearly 100 goals that season-he totally lost the plot

Evo1883

It isn’t just CCFC where he has bombed after Christmas fella-can’t use ‘the striker stopped scoring’ as an excuse every time

We had 17 shots against colchester, whose fault is it we didn't score? Mowbray? Come on give me a logical argument or its a naff argument

Last edited:

Grendel

We won one game in each of the months Jan feb and March - got pasted by rubbish like Southend then oddly won 3 of the last 4 games. Mowbray is a bit of a head down character when the going gets tough and the pressure is on. He always has been

Evo1883

We won one game in each of the months Jan feb and March - got pasted by rubbish like Southend then oddly won 3 of the last 4 games. Mowbray is a bit of a head down character when the going gets tough and the pressure is on. He always has been

Ok but look at the one example given... Colchester we lost 1 nil... 17 shots Zero on target, another Gillingham away 0-0 10 shots to their 5 ZERO on target.... How is Mowbray to take the blame for that?

The argument for me has always been injuries caused an unsettled defence and when your forwards stop scoring you're always in with a chance of losing by a goal... Look at the results

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

We had 17 shots against colchester, whose fault is it we didn't score? Mowbray? Come on give me a logical argument of its a naff argument

Teams had sussed us out just around New Year but he persisted with the same set up, couldn’t motivate players and made some famously bad signings to throw in to the mix. It was criminal not to at least make the playoffs from the position we were in and the buck stops with the manager for it

Grendel

Ok but look at the one example given... Colchester we lost 1 nil... 17 shots Zero on target, another Gillingham away 0-0 10 shots to their 5 ZERO on target.... How is Mowbray to take the blame for that?

The argument for me has always been injuries cause an insettled defence and when your forwards stop scoring you're always in with a chance of losing by a goal... Look at the results

we picked 10 points up from 17 games after beating Crewe 5 nil

fernandopartridge

Since February of that year to his departure we were in freefall and it’s telling that once promotion had gone we actually won a few games at the end of that season
The bad form really began end of November 2015, we won once from that Gillingham game (21st Nov) until the end of the year

Evo1883

Teams had sussed us out just around New Year but he persisted with the same set up, couldn’t motivate players and made some famously bad signings to throw in to the mix. It was criminal not to at least make the playoffs from the position we were in and the buck stops with the manager for it

Teams in league 1 didn't find us out at all... We were playing good stuff mostly but couldn't score, we lost by a goal many times that season...

Adam Armstrong couldn't hit a barn door for long periods... Always lauded by supporters

We couldn't score despite dominating and having more shots than the opponents... Count the goals, then count the 1 goal defeats

Londonccfcfan

Proper gentlemen spoke fondly of the club after the game yesterday top bloke

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seems like a Top bloke. And a good manager. Nothing bad to say about him personally.

Shame he couldn't remember who we tonked that season 6 nil...it was Bury not Barnsley.

Brighton Sky Blue

Teams in league 1 didn't find us out at all... We were playing good stuff mostly but couldn't score, we lost by a goal many times that season...

Adam Armstrong couldn't hit a barn door for long periods... Always lauded by supporters

And who did he sign to alleviate it but over the hill MAF and Stephen Hunt

Evo1883

BTW, we also failed to score in 10 games after December... Despite having more shots etc than many of our opponents... Blame Mowbray sure, but not always that simple

I'm still going to stick with, too many injuries at the back and our top scorers simply going off the boil.... This actually makes more sense than just.... Mogga bad

Brighton Sky Blue

BTW, we also failed to score in 10 games after December... Despite having more shots etc than many of our opponents... Blame Mowbray sure, but not always that simple

I'm still going to stick with, too many injuries at the back and our top scorers simply going off the boil.... This actually makes more sense than just.... Mogga bad

You can stick with it but the rot persisted in to the following season with more shit recruitment and he walked soon after as he knew he’d fucked up

Evo1883

You can stick with it but the rot persisted in to the following season with more shit recruitment and he walked soon after as he knew he’d fucked up

I can stick with it after watching every single game that season home and away and I'm telling you it wasn't a manager capitulation, rather than players not taking chances after having for example 19 shots at home to Fleetwood and losing 2-1... And the impact several inhuries at the back to players like reda, Cargill, Turner all hampered us getting a settled back line shouldn't be just ignored... Unless you can talk about what you think went wrong rather than just throw a cliche at me like "teams sussed us out" I don't understand your logic.... There are reasons for not winning... Having a combined 46 shots against colchester Gillingham and Fleetwood, that's 20 more shots than the opposition in the 3 games combined and picking up 1 point for example scoring 1 goal

Armstrong went 12 games from the 6 nil Bury without being able to hit a barn door...
Jacob Murphy 13 matches

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

I can stick with it after watching every single game that season home and away and I'm telling you it wasn't a manager capitulation, rather than players not taking chances after having for example 19 shots at home to Fleetwood and losing 2-1... And the impact several inhuries at the back to players like reda, Cargill, Turner all hampered us getting a settled back line shouldn't be just ignored... Unless you can talk about what you think went wrong rather than just throw a cliche at me like "teams sussed us out" I don't understand your logic.... There are reasons for not winning... Having a combined 46 shots against colchester Gillingham and Fleetwood and picking up 1 point for example scoring 1 goal

Well it seems now you’re blaming an unsettled defence for troubles in front of goal.

Users who are viewing this thread