Tony Mowbray encouraged by quality of free agents keen to join Coventry City (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

That's Rose & Vlad innit? I know they don't have much experience of this league, but I think that's not terribly important, if they're up to up they're up to it.

Could be. Rose has played most of his footbll in America hasn't he? I can't say I've ver watched a game from America so I couldn't say how the level he's used to compares to league 1, however I think he's looked good when I've seen him play for us and he's a hell of a unit and physical presense has been missing in our side this season for me so I see him as a welcolmed addition. Vlad from what I an tell has played at an equivilent level and above so should be a good signing. Only thing that worries me about him is that he seems a bit injury prone. Not on par with Reda but certainly more than his fair share.

Last edited:

SkyBlueZack

What happened to people lauding the loan system at the start of the season? Complaining about Durham complaining. How finally we had got some good loan players. How tms reputation assisted this. If we had won the league this year with star players being loan players, how many would be complaining then? It is what it is. We're a league one club regardless of history or where we think we belong. We have to use all available options and not dismiss anything.

steve82

What happened to people lauding the loan system at the start of the season? Complaining about Durham complaining. How finally we had got some good loan players. How tms reputation assisted this. If we had won the league this year with star players being loan players, how many would be complaining then? It is what it is. We're a league one club regardless of history or where we think we belong. We have to use all available options and not dismiss anything.
Spot on, we will still have loans as this is the level we find ourselves at. How many loans will depend on how successful our summer recruitment goes and what areas were weak in.

Hadji10

We spent money on Vincelot last season.

We will spend money on Jones this season (Dagenham turned down a 300k bid from Charlton last summer, so I'd presume it's around the same figure)

Hardly anyone in this league spends a penny, were comfortably in the top 8 big spenders in this league.

AFCCOVENTRY

You would hope when talks about seasoned pros he's means players who have played in championship, L1, L2 but in their 20s.

The youth players and loans were burnt by Dec. The old players were on zimmerframes,

It's finding those players in the middle to cope with the demands of a full L1 season and sprinkle some quality Prem loans and a few experienced players.

I'm glad Mowbray has finally come out in the press and acknowledged what the fans have been saying what's gone wrong since Christmas,

Hobo

I wouldn't moan about it, but I see it as a way to supplement your team rather than build your team around it. I think it is key we sign some 25-28 year olds in key positions. People we can build around for 2-3 years. Players who already have some experience but can come here and kick their careers on.

Users who are viewing this thread