Tonights phone in (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Administrator
I really can't. I've deleted the original post now too. I don't think it impacts on the legal proceedings, in facts it quite opposes them, but I'd rather be safe than sorry

At least it's just Wasps, good job you aren't on here defending SISU because somebody just said they disliked them after you hardly post, openly admit your links and then post stuff from the inside about the legals as you would be linched ;)

Still, just say "Tim Fisher" or "SISU" and nobody notices.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Do you mean after Wasps had just told his girlfriend he was moving locally to them? What about when it turns out that the new gent wasnt here for the wife, he actually just wanted the house and the wife was a bolt on? Let's not forget the wife is a community asset that people demanded got protection in case the husband mortgaged against her house, the one her new gent instantly did?

The bloke said he disliked Wasps, he wasn't writing a full on essay about how they were to blame for everything and anything which is when I could understand the reply.

I simply cannot understand the hatred. Read the original message. Why such hatred? If someone wants to support Wasps, then good on them. Why deride fellow sports fans? We all just want to be entertained, by round ball or oval, and if someone is enjoying supporting Wasps, the good on them. Why so twisted as to hate someone you don't even know?

If Fisher had delivered the stadium he promised, surely all CCFC fans would be there by now, enjoying the new stadium promised; and not stating that someone who simply enjoys a different game makes them want to form a fist? What Wasps were or weren't doing, or what their supporters were wearing would be an irrelevance, surely?

dongonzalos

So why is the person who said something about wasps a bit confused?

Bob latchford seems to dislike wasps but I doubt it means he likes Fisher.

Like I said, it's gone from somebody off the cuff saying they dislike them to a full on "you must blame Fisher". He has also said he was trying to drive it that way ;)

Why is that grendelesque?

Because MMM's point is quite clear. He is saying Ferret's hate is both disproportionate and misguided.
MMM feels that the lions share of the blame lies with our owners so why have so much anger towards someone who just took a chance. As he says if it wasn't Wasps it would have ended up with another business.
If Wasps had moved to Brighton would we be walking along clenching our fists when we see a Wasps shirt.
No one would give a rats ass in all honesty over the immoral franchising.
They are just hated because we perceive it as screwing over CCFC.
MMM is merely pointing out they didn't screw iver CCFC, that had already happened.
They just appeared after we set fire to our only bridge.
So why waste your energy with so much anger towards them.
MMM already said the football at the moment isn't grabbing his interest
Yet you are pointing out that he didn't appear on the new manager thread.
He was a previous poster as established on GMK, so I wouldn't read too much into his common sense comments about finding the hate towards Wasps as a bit misguided.
It is just that common sense.

Nick

Administrator
I simply cannot understand the hatred. Read the original message. Why such hatred? If someone wants to support Wasps, then good on them. Why deride fellow sports fans? We all just want to be entertained, by round ball or oval, and if someone is enjoying supporting Wasps, the good on them. Why so twisted as to hate someone you don't even know?

If Fisher had delivered the stadium he promised, surely all CCFC fans would be there by now, enjoying the new stadium promised; and not stating that someone who simply enjoys a different game makes them want to form a fist? What Wasps were or weren't doing, or what their supporters were wearing would be an irrelevance, surely?

How far do we go with it? Can we say somebody can't dislike Wasps because if the past owners had stayed at HR it would never happened?

theferret is hardly on here defending SISU and saying everything is Wasps fault that has happened ever, he just said he disliked them.

I don't personally have anything against actual Wasps fans, I feel sorry for the existing Wasps fans and I have also said if Big Dave from down the rugger club goes to watch them I hope he has a great time. What I am against is the whole loving Wasps because of them being the enemy of SISU, people shouting about Sixfields and scabs and chucking on a wasps top for a bandwagon. Big Dave from the rugger club hasn't done that, so I don't personally have an issue and I actually do hope he has fun.

As for Wasps, I'd love them to piss off back. I also understand it doesn't look as if it is happening any time soon.

mark82

I've never denied the links I have with Wasps. I've been totally open about them from the word go. What - again - you fail to notice is that elsewhere in this thread I've also posted that the Ricoh should be the rightful home of CCFC. Read back. It's there. But you'll ignore it. Sigh...

Ah... This makes a lot of sense now. Explains why you'd jump to the defence of a club franchised from London whilst being against similarly despicable owners at the football club.

Nick

Administrator
Because MMM's point is quite clear. He is saying Ferret's hate is both disproportionate and misguided.
MMM feels that the lions share of the blame lies with our owners so why have so much anger towards someone who just took a chance. As he says if it wasn't Wasps it would have ended up with another business.
If Wasps had moved to Brighton would we be walking along clenching our fists when we see a Wasps shirt.
No one would give a rats ass in all honesty over the immoral franchising.
They are just hated because we perceive it as screwing over CCFC.
MMM is merely pointing out they didn't screw iver CCFC, that had already happened.
They just appeared after we set fire to our only bridge.
So why waste your energy with so much anger towards them.
MMM already said the football at the moment isn't grabbing his interest
Yet you are pointing out that he didn't appear on the new manager thread.
He was a previous poster as established on GMK, so I wouldn't read too much into his common sense comments about finding the hate towards Wasps as a bit misguided.
It is just that common sense.

As I have said before, if a Primark or even Cov Rugby had moved there then I very much doubt as many people would have issue with them.

Was it up to MMM to then guide him back and anybody else who might do to hating Fisher, even though he actually already does anyway?

As I said before, can only imagine what would happen if somebody said they "disliked" SISU and MMM just happened to to have the same links at SISU and then start posting stuff about not being able to say more until the legals had finished?

All it does is make it even more obvious that as long as you shout about SISU you can get away with what you want and it's why it is so simple for Wasps to settle here and push their stuff.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

How far do we go with it? Can we say somebody can't dislike Wasps because if the past owners had stayed at HR it would never happened?

theferret is hardly on here defending SISU and saying everything is Wasps fault that has happened ever, he just said he disliked thdon't personally have anything against actual Wasps fans, I feel sorry for the existing Wasps fans and I have also said if Big Dave from down the rugger club goes to watch them I hope he has a great time. What I am against is the whole loving Wasps because of them being the enemy of SISU, people shouting about Sixfields and scabs and chucking on a wasps top for a bandwagon. Big Dave from the rugger club hasn't done that, so I don't personally have an issue and I actually do hope he has fun.

As for Wasps, I'd love them to piss off back. I also understand it doesn't look as if it is happening any time soon.

You're creating an illusion that isn't actually there. People love Wasps because they're successful and put on a good show. Kids can turn up, see current internationals who are top of the league and doing well in Europe. People feed off and from success. That's why folk are there. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but by-and-large it's got nothing to do with the football club or cocking a snoop at the football club's owners in any way.

People like success and people like a good time. Right now, when they want to be entertained, some people are seeking that at The Wasps. That's it

theferret

Oh don't be so righteous and melodramatic. Have you always been this literal? Dear me. There is nothing rational about Liverpool fans 'hating' Man United fans they don't know either, or Labour voters who 'hate Tories'. I have expanded on the comments and given reasons why I dislike then so much, and the original comment was clearly exaggerated and said with tongue in cheek. Have you ever read the Wasps forum and seen the disdain they have for us? I won't lose any sleep over it or call them twisted. I'm not that delicate.

If people like the oval ball, fine. To them I say, throw your support behind your local, historic Rugby club and see how far a few thousand more on their gates can take them. To those who choose to support Wasps, well nobody can stop them, nor should they, but I don't have to like it, and I don't. If that makes me 'twisted' or a 'twat' - so be it.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

As I have said before, if a Primark or even Cov Rugby had moved there then I very much doubt as many people would have issue with them.

Was it up to MMM to then guide him back and anybody else who might do to hating Fisher, even though he actually already does anyway?

As I said before, can only imagine what would happen if somebody said they "disliked" SISU and MMM just happened to to have the same links at SISU and then start posting stuff about not being able to say more until the legals had finished?

All it does is make it even more obvious that as long as you shout about SISU you can get away with what you want and it's why it is so simple for Wasps to settle here and push their stuff.

For Christ's sake, listen man. Yes, I have links to Wasps, but they only came into the scene after Fisher stated the football club was moving. If Fisher did what he said, then Wasps would be - should be - an irrelevance. If Fisher didn't do what Fisher, as CEO, said he was doing - it's Fisher's fault.

How can I make it any easier for you?

stupot07

Oh don't be so righteous and melodramatic. Have you always been this literal? Dear me. There is nothing rational about Liverpool fans 'hating' Man United fans they don't know either, or Labour voters who 'hate Tories'. I have expanded on the comments and given reasons why I dislike then so much, and the original comment was clearly exaggerated and said with tongue in cheek. Have you ever read the Wasps forum and seen the disdain they have for us? I won't lose any sleep over it or call them twisted. I'm not that delicate.

If people like the oval ball, fine. To them I say, throw your support behind your local, historic Rugby club and see how far a few thousand more on their gates can take them. To those who choose to support Wasps, well nobody can stop them, nor should they, but I don't have to like it, and I don't. If that makes me 'twisted' or a 'twat' - so be it.
f4e6f81b260680971cddb90bd50fb25a.gif

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mark82

You're creating an illusion that isn't actually there. People love Wasps because they're successful and put on a good show. Kids can turn up, see current internationals who are top of the league and doing well in Europe. People feed off and from success. That's why folk are there. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but by-and-large it's got nothing to do with the football club or cocking a snoop at the football club's owners in any way.

People like success and people like a good time. Right now, when they want to be entertained, some people are seeking that at The Wasps. That's it

I hate wasps because they are a club that have been franchised and moved away from their fans like MK Dons. I assume you'd be perfectly happy if Coventry City were moved in the opposite direction, to the London area?

Nick

Administrator

It isn't an illusion is it? Do a survey or go through posts and tweets of people who are obviously city fans and wasps fans (rather than the big dave from the rugby club who may have gone to a city match once). Then look about the stuff about sixfields if its in their history and see the outrage, have a look at some abusing others for going.

I understand people like to go and watch a team win but if you have a look, there is very much a sense of "up yours" because people now go to watch wasps.

mark82

Hear, hear. If you want to watch rugby support the local team. It could drive them up the leagues.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I hate wasps because they are a club that have been franchised and moved away from their fans like MK Dons. I assume you'd be perfectly happy if Coventry City were moved in the opposite direction to the London area?

Nope. And let me be clear here. I opposed the move, just as I opposed the football club's move to Northampton. I am not myopic and will see balance and say so when necessary.

But now they're here, if people decide they enjoy supporting them, then that's up to them

dongonzalos

I hate wasps because they are a club that have been franchised and moved away from their fans like MK Dons. I assume you'd be perfectly happy if Coventry City were moved in the opposite direction to the London area?

I have never looked at a fan in an MK dons top and felt my fists start to clench with hate because they are franchised.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So your comments were exaggerated and tongue in cheek, eh? Let's revisit them...

I just don't get the Wasps sycophants. I'm not one who hates easily, I'm far to mellow in my old age to go around expending energy unnecessarily, but Wasps? Hate them with a passion. Every time I see one of their 'supporters' swaggering around town my fists curl up into a ball and I have to stop to catch my breath.

Sorry, that looks considered and 'real'. Not tongue in cheek merriment

Nick

Administrator
For Christ's sake, listen man. Yes, I have links to Wasps, but they only came into the scene after Fisher stated the football club was moving. If Fisher did what he said, then Wasps would be - should be - an irrelevance. If Fisher didn't do what Fisher, as CEO, said he was doing - it's Fisher's fault.

How can I make it any easier for you?

No it seems you aren't listening, people will dislike Fisher and they will hate SISU but they can also dislike Wasps can't they? Unless of course if somebody was pissing about with a stadium in Warrington for example and CCFC moved there then everything would be fine and the locals couldn't have an issue at all?

What were Wasps discussing with the council before the Sixfields move, out of interest?

theferret

I have never looked at a fan in an MK dons top and felt my fists start to clench with hate because they are franchised.

Equally, I've never read a comment like that and took it literally. I mean, seriously? You understand sometimes people speak figuratively and exaggerate to make a point, don't you?

dongonzalos

It's like when people said on here that if Wasps took over us they would stop supporting CCFC.
That's riddiculous, do they honestly think our current owners if they were allowed would not do the same as Moon stone or whatever they are called.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

No it seems you aren't listening, people will dislike Fisher and they will hate SISU but they can also dislike Wasps can't they?

What were Wasps discussing with the council before the Sixfields move, out of interest?

Do you mean did they discuss the imminently empty sports stadium Fisher told Les Reid he was deserting in the article I posted for you? You expect me to comment after you sidestepped commenting on Fisher's article and it's consequences? You're not very good at this, are you?

mark82

We went halfway there, and some were happy to follow.

That move was only ever temporary though so it is a little bit different. Sure many (not all) of those that followed to Northampton wouldn't have stayed if it became permanent. That said, it was kind of the point I was getting at that MMM couldn't be opposed to one move and not the other (which he has answered) and that leadership of both clubs should be held with the same level of disdain.

theferret

So your comments were exaggerated and tongue in cheek, eh? Let's revisit them...

I just don't get the Wasps sycophants. I'm not one who hates easily, I'm far to mellow in my old age to go around expending energy unnecessarily, but Wasps? Hate them with a passion. Every time I see one of their 'supporters' swaggering around town my fists curl up into a ball and I have to stop to catch my breath.

No, you're right, I really do temporarily lose the ability to breathe. It is a 100%, accurate description of the physical condition when I see a Wasps fan. Like the old friend who I sometimes walk home from games with, who occasionally watches Wasps. He knows my views, but I am able to keep my fists unclenched and my breathing steady and regular when I'm with him. Just for clarity like.

mark82

I disagree

AL13N

My god, up to 14 pages of "my opinion is right". Love your style Ferret. Do me a favor & get your lad to piss on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

ccfc92

I don't imagine for a second ferret has actually done that. People are taking it too literally, it's the Internet.

To be fair (and I don't live in Cov) when I come up and have a pre match beer in town, you can't help but look bemused at a Coventry speaking Wasps fan. I've seen a couple of them down here in Bournemouth too to be fair, but that's probably because most people here are from "Landon, you shlag", or so they like to make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread