Tonights phone in (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Latchford

I'm sure ole Eakin said last week there won't be a phone in tonight . can this be true ...

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

I don't think he ever does. Usually Foster or Eakin I think
He's done loads .
I will not have my phone in cancelled because of rugger !

Bob Latchford

Lets face it if foster done it it would be worse than being cancelled
Oh I don't know . I like the 3 reasons to be cheerful and , Nigel giving his views.

Bob Latchford

Captain Dart

Bob Latchford

You're right 2 in August 1 in october.remind me how many turned up to our last home game compared to Wasps last home game. Then people wonder why the phone in is cancelled
Wasn't it 26k mark ? but that's not usual . usually it's 10k mark .

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

theferret

You're right 2 in August 1 in october.remind me how many turned up to our last home game compared to Wasps last home game. Then people wonder why the phone in is cancelled

They got a big crowd for their Christmas fixture last season too - they put a lot of effort into getting a big turn out for that one game, and a large number would have travelled in from outside the city. The crowd was 14,000 up on the previous home league fixture. Spoke to someone from the CT a while ago. The reason why they feature very few Wasps related stories is that nobody reads them. People don't really care.

Our demise and the fracturing of our fanbase is plain for all to see, but the attendances at Wasps are indicative of nothing, despite being up slightly on last season. They certainly don't seem to be benefiting massively from the issues we are having and the small rise probably has more to do with the season they are having.

We all know that a turnaround in our fortunes and we would eclipse their crowds. Their average last season was still some way behind what we were getting as a struggling 2nd tier team - and they are currently right at the top of their sport.

Captain Dart

Been out all day, is that right? No phone in but they have coverage of the WASPs game?
Must be my twitter is getting polluted by CWR sports retweets from the insects & Richard (I talk about boring shite on the radio) Moon.

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

Must be my twitter is getting polluted by CWR sports retweets from the insects & Richard (I talk about boring shite on the radio) Moon.
Mine too and certain ccfc fans wanting wasps to win by this sign #COYW

Terry Gibson's perm

If they done one for adverts placed London Wasps :finger: would fill most of the top ten spaces

theferret

I just don't get the Wasps sycophants. I'm not one who hates easily, I'm far to mellow in my old age to go around expending energy unnecessarily, but Wasps? Hate them with a passion. Every time I see one of their 'supporters' swaggering around town my fists curl up into a ball and I have to stop to catch my breath.

I should probably ease up. Last home game I walked into the toilets with my lad to see that all the Wasps posters had been ripped up and stuffed in the urinals. My lad duly switched troughs in order that he could piss over one of said posters. I should have said something, but it was actually a proud moment.

Stupid happy-clappy minority sport anyway.

Rant over.

stupot07

I just don't get the Wasps sycophants. I'm not one who hates easily, I'm far to mellow in my old age to go around expending energy unnecessarily, but Wasps? Hate them with a passion. Every time I see one of their 'supporters' swaggering around town my fists curl up into a ball and I have to stop to catch my breath.

I should probably ease up. Last home game I walked into the toilets with my lad to see that all the Wasps posters had been ripped up and stuffed in the urinals. My lad duly switched troughs in order that he could piss over one of said posters. I should have said something, but it was actually a proud moment.

Rant over.

Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Rant over.

What an idiotic post, on so many fronts. The council sold the stadium to Wasps a year after Fisher claimed he had another sites sorted; and all you have is hatred, hatred, hatred. You're proud your lad pissed over vandalised posters in a stadium the football club are tenants within? And I'm sure you'd be equally critical of the Wasps management if they told Fisher they didn't want football fans around defacing the stadium, eh?

Tim Fisher says Coventry City are closing in on deal for new stadium site

cloughie

The Friday phone in is usually over loaded so popular I thought it was all about listening figures for radio stations ,,,,,,I doubt they will do a wasps phone in. The silence would be deafening.

Terry Gibson's perm

Rant over.

Hated rugby before they arrived, people who chose to play it at school were either no good at football or too fat to play it, since they have arrived it has got worse. The people that go are followers not fans.

I have already spoken to my wife and we gave agreed that our boys will not be allowed to play it as I am not sure it has a good safety record when they do that bit where they all cuddle up.

The kids still boo the flag posts even when the flags are down

Nick

Administrator
What an idiotic post, on so many fronts. The council sold the stadium to Wasps a year after Fisher claimed he had another sites sorted; and all you have is hatred, hatred, hatred. You're proud your lad pissed over vandalised posters in a stadium the football club are tenants within? And I'm sure you'd be equally critical of the Wasps management if they told Fisher they didn't want football fans around defacing the stadium, eh?

Tim Fisher says Coventry City are closing in on deal for new stadium site

How long after Wasps saying they were moving back to London was it?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

How long after Wasps saying they were moving back to London was it?

You're just trying to throw Wasps morality into the mix now to confuse the argument. I have never tried to justify their stance and I won't start now. What's on record is that the stadium was sold after Fisher told the world and his wife he was moving on. Whether Wasps, a circus or a huge Primark moved in thereafter is an irrelevance. Fisher spunked it and any hatred of what came after is fankly laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread