Tonight's forum (5 Viewers)

shmmeee

All I've seen is that there's now 4 sites, all 60 acres within 6 miles (of what I'm not sure) and that it'll now be more than 3 weeks before an announcement.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
All I've seen is that there's now 4 sites, all 60 acres within 6 miles (of what I'm not sure) and that it'll now be more than 3 weeks before an announcement.

They couldn't say what point of Coventry the 6 miles was, but did say 6 miles was the furthest location; wouldn't commit to what the shortest distance from Coventry was.

The Gentleman

They couldn't say what point of Coventry the 6 miles was, but did say 6 miles was the furthest location; wouldn't commit to what the shortest distance from Coventry was.

If that is the case, surely all the councils who gave out info from the FOI requests were lying or that there are 4 60+ acre sites in Nuneaton and Bedworth?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If that is the case, surely all the councils who gave out info from the FOI requests were lying or that there are 4 60+ acre sites in Nuneaton and Bedworth?

I guess it depends on whether you have to disclose to the 'land owners' what your intentions are with that 60 acres of land. I imagine you can buy the land before putting in a planning application? Wasn't the question asked to councils around whether any planning applications had been put in rather than any applications to buy 60 acres of land? Might be wrong

SlowerThanPlatt

[h=1]Coventry City stadium plan: Sky Blues fans vent anger at forum meeting[/h] 20 Jan 2014 22:27 Fans frustrated by lack of information as forum chair Eleanor Deeley dismisses claim stadium location will be revealed in three weeks as 'overly optimistic'

Share on print Share on email

CCFCStadiumForum-6531914.jpg
Frustrated Sky Blues fans address the meeting of the CCFC Stadium Forum at the Village Hall Coventry

Tensions ran high at the first open meeting for Sky Blues supporters to have their say about a potential new home for Coventry City.
Around 150 fans attended the meeting at The Village Hotel chaired by businesswoman Sandra Garlick who was joined by Phil Osborne, from stadium architects AFLS+P, and Eleanor Deeley, from club-appointed property giants CBRE.
The forum brought confusion over a potential site for any new stadium and the timescale in which it would be revealed.
Last week Coventry City non-executive director Mark Labovitch told The Telegraph that the club had narrowed its search down to two sites and would be in a position to reveal the preferred location for a new stadium within three weeks.
But Ms Deeley dismissed those claims as ‘overly optimistic’ though did indicate that letters of intent had been exchanged with land owners. She also suggested the club was still negotiating with land owners at four sites, rather than two, within six miles of Coventry.
She said: “We are looking at four sites, but some are preferred over others.
“We are negotiating hard and we are discussing heads of terms with land owners.
“It is happening exactly as we would anticipate a site acquisition of this nature to progress and we hope that will continue.”
Ms Deeley also insisted the club had been in contact with several local authorities about the development of a new site.
However, she was unable to answer why only one local authority in the area - Nuneaton and Bedworth - had confirmed contact with the club about a potential new stadium following freedom of information requests by the Telegraph and supporters group the Sky Blue Trust.
Ms Deeley also stated that - despite the obvious large scale of the project - CBRE had not been in touch with the department of the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government to seek guidance.
It was the second stadium forum to be held, and the first open event, after the first forum was restricted to season ticket holders only .
This time the atmosphere was very different as the panel faced a rough ride from the vociferous crowd after they were unable to answer a large number of questions - particularly relating to the location of any potential new stadium.
Ms Garlick also faced calls to resign from her position as CCFC Stadium Forum with one supporter calling on her to stand shoulder to shoulder with other Sky Blues fans who oppose a permanent move outside of the city boundary.
Around 20 unimpressed supporters left the room before the final question was asked in apparent disgust at the lack of information supplied.
After one supporter suggested the stadium forum was a futile exercise, Ms Garlick replied: “I never actually believed that Sisu would take the club away from the Ricoh, but they did.
“Maybe you do not believe they will build a new stadium, but it looks like they are going to.”

cloughie

IF and I say IF the above is TRUE its just more proof that this is a piss taking exercise

J

Jack Griffin

If they wern't specific I should imagine they're hiding something. Now question, is the NEC about 6 miles from the Coventry boundary... :thinking about:

shmmeee

Boundary I think is the key word, which would give something significantly wider than my image above (and include Exhall)

J

Jack Griffin

Interesting to see Ryton is on that map...... SISU want the new stadium to combine training and academy facilities. We already have one of those in Ryton.

Out of interest, any one know how big the training ground and surrounding areas equate to? Anywhere near 60 acre? :thinking about:

Use this tool & work it out yourself, I did it once & from memory it was about 25acres including the connexion.. http://www.freemaptools.com/area-calculator.htm

Found it! 21acres.
rytonj10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy

[h=1]Coventry City stadium plan: Sky Blues fans vent anger at forum meeting[/h] 20 Jan 2014 22:27 Fans frustrated by lack of information as forum chair Eleanor Deeley dismisses claim stadium location will be revealed in three weeks as 'overly optimistic'

Share on print Share on email

CCFCStadiumForum-6531914.jpg
Frustrated Sky Blues fans address the meeting of the CCFC Stadium Forum at the Village Hall Coventry

Tensions ran high at the first open meeting for Sky Blues supporters to have their say about a potential new home for Coventry City.
Around 150 fans attended the meeting at The Village Hotel chaired by businesswoman Sandra Garlick who was joined by Phil Osborne, from stadium architects AFLS+P, and Eleanor Deeley, from club-appointed property giants CBRE.
The forum brought confusion over a potential site for any new stadium and the timescale in which it would be revealed.
Last week Coventry City non-executive director Mark Labovitch told The Telegraph that the club had narrowed its search down to two sites and would be in a position to reveal the preferred location for a new stadium within three weeks.
But Ms Deeley dismissed those claims as ‘overly optimistic’ though did indicate that letters of intent had been exchanged with land owners. She also suggested the club was still negotiating with land owners at four sites, rather than two, within six miles of Coventry.
“We are negotiating hard and we are discussing heads of terms with land owners.
“It is happening exactly as we would anticipate a site acquisition of this nature to progress and we hope that will continue.”
Ms Deeley also insisted the club had been in contact with several local authorities about the development of a new site.
However, she was unable to answer why only one local authority in the area - Nuneaton and Bedworth - had confirmed contact with the club about a potential new stadium following freedom of information requests by the Telegraph and supporters group the Sky Blue Trust.
Ms Deeley also stated that - despite the obvious large scale of the project - CBRE had not been in touch with the department of the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government to seek guidance.
It was the second stadium forum to be held, and the first open event, after the first forum was restricted to season ticket holders only .
This time the atmosphere was very different as the panel faced a rough ride from the vociferous crowd after they were unable to answer a large number of questions - particularly relating to the location of any potential new stadium.
Ms Garlick also faced calls to resign from her position as CCFC Stadium Forum with one supporter calling on her to stand shoulder to shoulder with other Sky Blues fans who oppose a permanent move outside of the city boundary.
Around 20 unimpressed supporters left the room before the final question was asked in apparent disgust at the lack of information supplied.
After one supporter suggested the stadium forum was a futile exercise, Ms Garlick replied: “I never actually believed that Sisu would take the club away from the Ricoh, but they did.
“Maybe you do not believe they will build a new stadium, but it looks like they are going to.”

If you could link, that would be super :)

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-stadium-plan-sky-6531911

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

It's my job not to have an opinion. But I will say that I think the judicial review will be an important milestone.

Not strictly true, but certainly more than your job's worth! I think we can read between the lines there.

Sounds like this meeting was a bit more lively than the last. Do we think Ms Garlick might be reconsidering her decision to face the lions on this one?

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Sounds like this meeting was a bit more lively than the last. Do we think Ms Garlick might be reconsidering her decision to face the lions on this one?

I don't think so. She's an educated, strong-willed businesswoman. I think she knew what she was getting into and is tough enough to deal with the situation.

cloughie

Why did she Garlick say WE if she is impartial

We are negotiating hard and we are discussing heads of terms with land owners.
“It is happening exactly as we would anticipate a site acquisition of this nature to progress

Last edited:

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy

“It is happening exactly as we would anticipate a site acquisition of this nature to progress

Those are quotes from Eleanor Deeley at CBRE, not Ms Garlick.

crowsnest

That was Deeley from cbre not Garlick.

shmmeee

6 Mile radii from CV1-6:
Screen_Shot_2014_01_20_at_23.png

Note: still not far enough, as this is from center of each code, but closest I can find.

valiant15

So the tinpot arena is moving further and further away from the city.

I thought all these councils were asked if they'd had any contact with sisu?

We're they all lying then?

cloughie

So the tinpot arena is moving further and further away from the city.

I thought all these councils were asked if they'd had any contact with sisu?

We're they all lying then?

It will be a bit like a caravan, the councils will just keep moving them on to somewhere else

Users who are viewing this thread