Tonight's forum (2 Viewers)

James Smith

Those are quotes from Eleanor Deeley at CBRE, not Ms Garlick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which begs the question are CBRE going along with this because:
They really believe Sisu will build it?
They're being paid and so long as it continues, what the hell?
Sisu have some hold over them?
Etc.

Otherwise are they not going to be laughed at a bit both by us and professionally if nothing actually happens.

Last edited:

asb

I do wonder about The Liberty Way. I was reading in the CET (http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/nuneaton-town-owner-ian-neale-6506631) an article by Mike Maylon that

"Boro chairman has stated: 'The club needs to make the transition from part-time to full-time'."

It is also noted that when talking about the stadium which Boro do not own,

"John Rimmer, of Coventry-based Business Recovery and Insolvency, said: “We have a number of parties who have registered their interest and a sale could be imminent. However, this will not, in any way, affect the running of the football club which would continue to occupy Liberty Way under a tenancy agreement.”
"

If you take the measurement from the boundary of Coventry then it is about 4 miles to Liberty Way. (About 8 miles from CV1)

I wonder if Sisu have considered buying that stadium with the additional land around it and selling the idea to the Boro that they will be getting the upgraded stadium. At the cost of a ground share.

It also makes me wonder if Nuneaton and Bedworth Council would theoretically really want two stadium projects within a few miles of each other. If Sisu have no interest in Liberty Way.

6 Mile radii from CV1-6:
Screen_Shot_2014_01_20_at_23.png

Note: still not far enough, as this is from center of each code, but closest I can find.
If six miles from the boundary of coventry it could be in Rugby, Leamington,Warwick,Bedworth, Nuneaton,Solihull, Coleshill and Hinckley.

bigfatronssba

6 Mile radii from CV1-6:
Screen_Shot_2014_01_20_at_23.png

Note: still not far enough, as this is from center of each code, but closest I can find.

City centre is roughly 2.5 - 3 miles from the boundary in all directions, so do your search as cv1 +8.5 miles.

Astute

6 miles sounds precise. Normal guesswork would be done in multiples of 5. Are there any slum clearances going on in Solihull?

I live about 6 miles from Blackpool......as the crow flies. You can see Blackpool on a coast road not very far from where I live. But it takes over an hour to drive there. Would I be happy to travel this far if I lived in Coventry for a 'home game'? How long does it take to get to Solihull? Would I want my team to more or less play in Birmingham?

They are right to build a stadium of only 12,000 if they take us 6 miles as the crow flies from the Coventry border. Not only will most not go that don't go to Northampton, but many that do go to Northampton will stop going when they find a permanent home so far away. This could be the end of our club if it happens. A white elephant to pay for and not enough paying customers to pay for it.......and this is without paying for the 2.5m annual management fees to SISUE and 1.2m interest payments......which will go up if this stadium was ever built.

Or has this 6 mile thing been added as they know we know nothing is happening closer to home......or they want us to put more pressure on CCC to let them have the Ricoh for peanuts.....after paying off all current contracts?

theferret

Rules out Exhall then....

Not that I'm giving this farce any credence.

Why does it rule out Exhall? It is well within that boundary (not that I believe it will happen, but felt I should correct you on that because I am an insufferable pedant :D).

Marty

Not sure why people waste their time attending. Surely even sisu know permanently moving the club outside the city will end in disaster.

Marty

As apposed to the roaring success of moving the club to a "temporary" ground share.

They always have the excuse of playing 35 miles away from the city for the lack of support, Sisu seem to think that playing in one of the local towns will be good enough, It simply won't, the club needs to play in this city.

chiefdave

In some ways last night was a waste of time, in other ways it just proved once again that the information we are drip fed by SISU, to be very charitable, is somewhat misleading - others might term it outright lies. The sad part is now matter how many times they are caught out there is still a decent chunk of our support who believe what they are told and that there will be a new stadium.

The atmosphere was fairly hostile but I felt much better than the usual fans forums where everyone shouts over everyone else. Everyone was angry but points were put over very well.

Started off with what do we want at the ground. This didn't get a great response, as you can imagine most people feel asking if the seats should be padded or not isn't the most important thing to be talking about.

The person from CBRE, who looked terrified, gave the usual I can't tell you anything it's all confidential but then said it was now 4 sites, all outside the city boundary. She didn't really want to say how far away and had to be pushed to give an answer, which as you know was 6 miles. Wasn't really clear if that was from a certain point (I believe the FL used the council house as the measuring point) or from the boundary. Had no answer as to why all the FOI request responses indicated that no talks were taking place, did fudge an answer that some of the sites they were talking with the land owners and not the local authorities. Don't expect to find out where the sites are anytime soon by the sounds of things.

What struck me with her answers were that they are clearly at odds with what Labovich and Fisher have been saying and why would anyone at anything other than the very first stage of enquiry not have spoken to the relevant council about building a stadium?

Architect didn't know anything more than what we've seen in the picture so wasn't much use him being there.

Garlick got some stick, admitted she attended Sixfields and that the 2 forums had been paid for by CCFC / SISU. Said she would be providing feedback to SISU as a result of the forum, it was made very clear to her that the feedback should be that the team needs to play in Coventry, preferably at the Ricoh, and a stadium outside the boundary is not acceptable.

There were also calls for her to resign, basically she was told if she went ahead with this she was going against the wishes of the majority of supporters and she should stop working with SISU and join the majority in opposing the club playing outside the city. All got a bit too much for some people who walked out.

General consensus at the end of it was nothing new learnt and a bit of a waste of time.

As for the attendance of CBRE and the architect chap I guess they are being paid by the club to attend. Being associated with SISU can't really do them any harm as long as SISU are paying the bills. There's been plenty of sites and designs for various clubs new stadiums that haven't come to fruition but that's never really been a black mark against the companies involved.

shmmeee

I think the CBRE lady just has that look. She looked terrified at the Sixfielders meeting too and that was as friendly an atmosphere as you'll get.

@richh87

I tried to email Ms Garlick, asking her to examine her morals / smell the coffee if SISU are misleading her.

Her email address isn't even valid!!!

[email protected].

Doesn't work.

Captain Dart

chiefdave

As far as the NEC.

There's an area on, or at least very near, the NEC site that's nearly 70 acres. Currently labelled on the map as Bickenhill Plantation. It's between other buildings so despite it being 'green' at the moment it probably wouldn't be too much of an issue to get planning permission. From Bickenhill Plantation to the Welcome to Coventry sign, which I assume is on the boundary, is ... wait for it ... 6 miles!

Doesn't HS2 go somewhere near the NEC? And of course Birmingham council may be looking to sell the NEC, although I'm sure there would be other bidders and it's unlikley it will be at a knockdown price.

RegTheDonk

Edit, sorry for double up, just saw Cloughie's post.

Did anyone challenge her on the discrepency with Lab's 2 sites, 3 weeks statement? If you're going to fill us with sh*t love, at least get together with the other guy and make sure you're singing from the same hymn sh*t.

Last edited:

wingy

There's an area on, or at least very near, the NEC site that's nearly 70 acres. Currently labelled on the map as Bickenhill Plantation. It's between other buildings so despite it being 'green' at the moment it probably wouldn't be too much of an issue to get planning permission. From Bickenhill Plantation to the Welcome to Coventry sign, which I assume is on the boundary, is ... wait for it ... 6 miles!

Doesn't HS2 go somewhere near the NEC? And of course Birmingham council may be looking to sell the NEC, although I'm sure there would be other bidders and it's unlikley it will be at a knockdown price.
There is also a very handy hill under construction near that site

Grendel

I tried to email Ms Garlick, asking her to examine her morals / smell the coffee if SISU are misleading her.

Her email address isn't even valid!!!

[email protected].

Doesn't work.

I would imagine your e-mail ended up in spam along with all the other shit.

NorthernWisdom

Also remembering Villa need a new training ground so in the market for land...

Hobo

...and SISU haven't got any money!

shmmeee

How much could Ryton realistically raise if permission for housing was given? I'm wondering what the shortfall would be if that was their plan.

NorthernWisdom

How much could Ryton realistically raise if permission for housing was given? I'm wondering what the shortfall would be if that was their plan.

A reasonable amount. Think when McGinnity tried that trick Ryton was valued at £7mil without permission... there was an article somewhere, I'll try and find it.

After we flogged HR before building our next ground though, I'd really, really rather we didn't sell about the only asset we've got left until we have something to replace it. I know the rational way to do it is to sell to fund, but...

The worst conspiracy theory would say a nice 'out' would be to use the stadium confusion as leverage to try and get housing permission, and use any sale to cut their losses and scarper.

georgehudson

i'm only surmising NW, but i think you may have the wrong suspect re Ryton,
however this only deflects from the current charade

rondog1973

Why does it rule out Exhall? It is well within that boundary (not that I believe it will happen, but felt I should correct you on that because I am an insufferable pedant :D).
Yep, you're right, misread it! Thought it meant anywhere beyond the radius, thanks for pointing it out, you pedantic sod!

chiefdave

After we flogged HR before building our next ground though, I'd really, really rather we didn't sell about the only asset we've got left until we have something to replace it. I know the rational way to do it is to sell to fund, but...

I can't imagine any City fan would be happy with this. There has to be a risk Ryton gets sold and then the money is diverted elsewhere. Not like it hasn't happened before (allegedly!).

Captain Dart

I can't imagine any City fan would be happy with this. There has to be a risk Ryton gets sold and then the money is diverted elsewhere. Not like it hasn't happened before (allegedly!).

If any sort of planning permission was granted for Ryton does anyone believe SISU would leave the club with it or any other adequate training facility owned by the club, I rather doubt it.. remember they are a hedge fund with short term aims.

Users who are viewing this thread