Tom Bayliss (2 Viewers)

SlowerThanPlatt

I think even Robins is surprised by how well he’s doing and the consistent performances he’s putting in every week. After the Cheltenham game, Robins said he won’t be able to play every week but atm he’s undroppable. Form speaks for itself since he’s came in - 8 wins out of 10

Nick

Administrator
“But, when it’s something else and there’s a bid just coming out of the blue, at the end of the day it was easy to reject them. Ben was subject to one and Tom Bayliss was subject another – Tom has played twelve games, just got in the team and is playing well; he just need to keep his head down and work.

“He’s a very level-headed lad. He’s really impressive and he will be focused on his job. Now he has an understanding on how things unfold and how things happen during a melee of a transfer window.”

Good to hear!

ccfcway

if CWR are reading this, please ask MR at the next opportunity when we will be offering him a new deal.

rupert_bear

We have an Acadamy a thriving one at that producing talent now worth many times what we received for them for other teams. After Christie, Thomas, Wilson, Maddison there will be Baylis in the summer possibly Shipley, Willis and Ponticelli too. Add to that the likes of young McCann shipped off to Manchester United at 15 for a quarter of a million, there could be others I know of two likely ones who knows. All being replaced by journeymen types the manager hopes will do a job. Those who do such as McNulty will be sold off too. Now you can’t stop young players bettering themselves and you can’t stop players chasing better contracts elsewhere but where will it end, non league that’s where clubs know this and are forever monitoring our Acadamy to nick prodigys on the cheap, loan them out for a season and bingo. Sepalla has sussed this puts nothing in sits back and every 6 months in comes another half a million quid or more with a few add ins as a bonus she can’t lose can she.

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

I think you give Joy too much credit, I am sure that she is unaware of anything outside of court dates.
We have a quality academy and you think that's the reason for our descent?

ccfcway

We have an Acadamy a thriving one at that producing talent now worth many times what we received for them for other teams. After Christie, Thomas, Wilson, Maddison there will be Baylis in the summer possibly Shipley, Willis and Ponticelli too. Add to that the likes of young McCann shipped off to Manchester United at 15 for a quarter of a million, there could be others I know of two likely ones who knows. All being replaced by journeymen types the manager hopes will do a job. Those who do such as McNulty will be sold off too. Now you can’t stop young players bettering themselves and you can’t stop players chasing better contracts elsewhere but where will it end, non league that’s where clubs know this and are forever monitoring our Acadamy to nick prodigys on the cheap, loan them out for a season and bingo. Sepalla has sussed this puts nothing in sits back and every 6 months in comes another half a million quid or more with a few add ins as a bonus she can’t lose can she.

truly bizarre,

better days

He's almost certainly been offered a new contract already
I'd guess his advisors are involved in the discussions. If the terms are right they will advise him to sign or what his other options are
It's common sense for the lad
As Rio Ferdinand mentioned him when making the cup draw it gives us a clue
Rio owns the company that represent Tom

eastwoodsdustman

Yes, right. No other club in the world is in the same boat are they. did you see that Alexis Sanchez left Arsenal and Aub Left Dortmund last week.? I'm not sure that it was to line the clubs pockets. Have a think at to why they left, then, think about a lower league club trying to break even and you might find that 2+2=4 and not 5.
If a decent offer comes in and the club need the money then its only going to end one way. Its not always been like that though. Remember Ian Wallace, Stuart Pearce, Dublin, Boateng? We weren't a selling club then either. Nothings changed since the 70's and 80's so I really cant see what your issue is.

fernandopartridge

Your usual half baked conspiracy nonsense. So what? The academy is probably keeping the club going or at least limiting the amount of money SISU puts in (which is a good thing, no point them loading any more interest bearing debt / control on the club). Can you please explain to me why this is a bad thing? What is the alternative model?

Also, I counter your claim that academy players are being replaced by journeymen. They're being replaced by more academy players Wilson, Maddison and Bayliss for example have never appeared on the pitch together. Likewise Christie, Thomas and Shipley.

better days

Your usual half baked conspiracy nonsense. So what? The academy is probably keeping the club going or at least limiting the amount of money SISU puts in (which is a good thing, no point them loading any more interest bearing debt / control on the club). Can you please explain to me why this is a bad thing? What is the alternative model?

Also, I counter your claim that academy players are being replaced by journeymen. They're being replaced by more academy players Wilson, Maddison and Bayliss for example have never appeared on the pitch together. Likewise Christie, Thomas and Shipley.
And don't forget we take players from lower division clubs ourselves. Jones and Stokes both joined in the last few years from clubs below us in the pyramid

shmmeee

Yes, right. No other club in the world is in the same boat are they. did you see that Alexis Sanchez left Arsenal and Aub Left Dortmund last week.? I'm not sure that it was to line the clubs pockets. Have a think at to why they left, then, think about a lower league club trying to break even and you might find that 2+2=4 and not 5.
If a decent offer comes in and the club need the money then its only going to end one way. Its not always been like that though. Remember Ian Wallace, Stuart Pearce, Dublin, Boateng? We weren't a selling club then either. Nothings changed since the 70's and 80's so I really cant see what your issue is.

Wallace: 130 appearances
Pearce: 51
Dublin: 145
Boateng: 46
Sánchez: 122 appearances

Maddison: 24 appearances
Tom Bayliss: 9 appearances

Spot the difference.

fernandopartridge

Wallace: 130 appearances
Pearce: 51
Dublin: 145
Boateng: 46
Sánchez: 122 appearances

Maddison: 24 appearances
Tom Bayliss: 9 appearances

Spot the difference.

Yes, the difference is that we're now a 3rd / 4th tier club not a top flight one.

We're also in a different world football-wise where wealth is increasingly concentrated amongst the 'elite' clubs (a reflection of wider society really)

shmmeee

Yes, the difference is that we're now a 3rd / 4th tier club not a top flight one.

We're also in a different world football-wise where wealth is increasingly concentrated amongst the 'elite' clubs (a reflection of wider society really)

Hang on, a minute ago the argument was “it’s always been like this”, now it’s “it’s a brand new world and things are different”.

Which is it?

fernandopartridge

Hang on, a minute ago the argument was “it’s always been like this”, now it’s “it’s a brand new world and things are different”.

Which is it?

It's always been like this yes but our position in that pyramid has also changed. It isn't that difficult.

rupert_bear

Apparantly according to Mr Fisher we are now cash flow positive, how much do you reckon of the millions received for those players has found itself to the manager for realistic team building ?

Nick

Administrator
Apparantly according to Mr Fisher we are now cash flow positive, how much do you reckon of the millions received for those players has found itself to the manager for realistic team building ?

Isn't that one of the reasons we are "cash flow positive"?

hill83

hqdefault.jpg

fernandopartridge

Do you know what cash flow positive means? It means we have actual money to be running the club and not running the club on credit. It doesn't mean we're swimming in profit or that Joy is ordering a new handbag

Warwickhunt

It’s abiut time we offered Bayliss a new contract if you ask me,

no_loyalty

Starts with F and ends with all

stevefloyd

I think you give Joy too much credit, I am sure that she is unaware of anything outside of court dates.
We have a quality academy and you think that's the reason for our descent?
I think you're giving Joy too much credit thinking she knows about the court case

SlowerThanPlatt

He was hardly ‘shipped off’ was he? That implies he didn’t want to go or was forced out when our academy manager said United was the only club he wanted to leave Cov for

Nick

Administrator
Fair play to him! The kid doesnt look too impressed though and cant stand the type of videos like that whey they have to "recap".

Otis

This is great. Young lads favourite player is Bayliss, it’s his birthday and they’re flying out somewhere. Bayliss meets them in the airport and gives him a signed shirt

After that, did Tom Bayliss skateboard away to the back of McDonald's to deal some dope with his homies?

Users who are viewing this thread