Tom Bayliss (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

How does everyone rate him? Currently favoured over Stevenson and Maycock who are older players. Granted he’s only played 3 games so far but seems to be somewhat of a revolution in the middle of the park?

He doesn’t turn 19 for another 6 months yet and I’m not surprised by how well he has performed having witnessed his development over the last few years in the U18 and U23 teams.

Spurs have been to see him a few times before (in the youth sides) so the big clubs were aware of his talent before he made the first team.

clint van damme

Really like him, (and Shipley).
Still raw but should have a decent future.
However, said the above about Stevenson and that doesn't appear to have worked out too well.

Harry_Walker

he's what we've been missing all season, a bit of creativity and someone who isn't afraid to run at the opposition from a central position

stevefloyd

He doesn't seemed scared/fazed by playing against men whereas Stevenson always looks shit scared, well done to the young man as Brian Clough would say

fernandopartridge

He's got a reasonable turn of pace, I love seeing a midfielder drive forward. Once he'd worked out with Doyle where to steal the ball and break he was excellent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Rolls Royce, this lad is very very special. I dont want to get carried away, but the three games he has played arguably been the best player on the pitch.

Cant speak highly enough of the lad.

Very early days but i think the kid has everything in his locker. Has the strength also, doesnt shirk a challenge like Stevenson does.

Thought Stevenson was special but this lad is next level.

Marty

He looks very classy and rightly picked over the others. I like the way he picks the ball up and drives forward with it, Something we badly miss.

better days

Doyle gave the clue when he talked about the size, build and physicality of Bayliss
Other young players have similar skill sets but aren't as strong at such an early age. Stevenson will come good
Two days ago several contributors on this forum were excoriating about Devon KE then he had a great second half yesterday helping set up a good away win
This is the way with young players
It's why the likes of Fat Sam and the Portuguese nasty at Man U don't give kids a chance

Grendel

I always have caution on young players - some even rated Haynes (though even against gillingham you could see his obvious frailties).

That said yes he’s made a very good start. He looks strong and clever and can move the ball forward.

So good start and encouraging.

Adge

Yes good start indeed. But we also remember good starts from Bigi, Stevenson et al. Lets hope he doesn’t fall into the same trap.

Cov kid 55

It is very early days to judge, but so far, and based on yesterday’s game, I like the way he’s always looking to get on the front foot, and the way he drives forward with the ball. He looks to be the sort of player who really wants to make something happen, rather than just retain possession. Promising, based on this positive attitude, along with his composure and vision.

Cov kid 55

In terms of Stevenson, I wonder whether he has suffered from last season’s experience, when he was part of a young, inexperienced team that got bullied every week. In the game at Oxford (which was a real low point), he was crunched by some gorilla in the first two minutes, and like some of our other players, was intimidated for the rest of the game. Maybe that’s scarred him, and he needs to work through it. It’s easier for our young players coming in this season, there’s a few of our players willing and able to back them up. I would have liked to have seen him being more adventurous, and willing to play the ‘killer’ ball, rather than the safety first ball. I hope he comes good, and time is still on his side.

Liquid Gold

In terms of Stevenson, I wonder whether he has suffered from last season’s experience, when he was part of a young, inexperienced team that got bullied every week. In the game at Oxford (which was a real low point), he was crunched by some gorilla in the first two minutes, and like some of our other players, was intimidated for the rest of the game. Maybe that’s scarred him, and he needs to work through it. It’s easier for our young players coming in this season, there’s a few of our players willing and able to back them up. I would have liked to have seen him being more adventurous, and willing to play the ‘killer’ ball, rather than the safety first ball. I hope he comes good, and time is still on his side.
I think Stevenson should move on to help his career. It’s a shame we didn’t sell last year because his value will be nowhere near what it was.

Adge

I think Stevenson should move on to help his career. It’s a shame we didn’t sell last year because his value will be nowhere near what it was.
I don’t think we would get anything for him now. And to think at the time people said we shouldn’t sell him.:banghead:

higgs

I don’t think we would get anything for him now. And to think at the time people said we shouldn’t sell him.:banghead:
You win some you lose some. If we kept Wilson and Madison look what they are worth now compared to what we received for them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

Shows what can happen when injuries mean a kid gets a chance and takes it (Shipley and Baylis)

Last edited:

Otis

really don't like saying this, but a lot of this is due a lot to what league we are in. Throw these kids into championship / league one and they would be exposed. The lower down we go, the closer our decent academy players are to the quality of the 1st team
So true and that's why we have seen some many young players burst through this year.

BackRoomRummermill

I think he is good a going at players , passing hmmm a little a miss, but he will develop , he will score great goals and has a football brain

Irish Sky Blue

Stevenson will not kick a ball again at CCFC if this guy keeps fit and keeps his form. Quality player and 10 times the player Stevenson is.
Stevenson played really well when he first broke into the team. Really harsh to write off a young player who has shown in several matches in a higher league and in a struggling team that he can play.

Otis

There is also a notion that if someone enquiries about him it might be that they are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread