Tom Bayliss (2 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

There is also a notion that if someone enquiries about him it might be that they are interested.
If Bayliss has had his head turned, will he be looking in the opposite direction?

Nick

Administrator
I like Bayliss, he is different from the other youngsters as he has a bit of aggression. Don't get me wrong Maddison had the twists and turns but any defender who just snapped him early on would take him out of the game.

Bayliss seems to get up and give as good as he gets and won't be bullied. He has changed the midfield because he will drive forward with the ball once he gets it at his feet whereas Kelly / Doyle will both tend to pass from where they receive the ball and slow it down.

On his performances so far, it is going to be hard to drop him when Kelly is fit and although I do rate Kelly I can't see Doyle being dropped either. The only thing I can think is to maybe give Bayliss a go on the right.

Hobo

He has made a good start and seems promising. He is also offering what we lack, someone who is prepared to drive forward. The key will be fans not expecting too much too soon. All players have a bad spell and for me it is when a young player can come through a bad spell and bounce back, that is when you can start to judge you might have someone who can go the distance.

NortonSkyBlue

I like Bayliss, he is different from the other youngsters as he has a bit of aggression. Don't get me wrong Maddison had the twists and turns but any defender who just snapped him early on would take him out of the game.

Bayliss seems to get up and give as good as he gets and won't be bullied. He has changed the midfield because he will drive forward with the ball once he gets it at his feet whereas Kelly / Doyle will both tend to pass from where they receive the ball and slow it down.

On his performances so far, it is going to be hard to drop him when Kelly is fit and although I do rate Kelly I can't see Doyle being dropped either. The only thing I can think is to maybe give Bayliss a go on the right.
Bayliss is blessed with spatial awareness and can work in tight spaces and create opportunities himself.
He is young and has to gain experience and I hope that is in our team.

PVA

Looks like a good talent. I remember seeing an interview with Doyle a few months ago before Bayliss had made his debut and Doyle was saying how impressed he is with him and that he looks a talent.

Looks like he could grab a few goals from midfield too, something we badly need.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Ban scouts from attending the games whilst he plays, its L2 level but he looks the real deal and I would say one of the best potential midfielders I have seen at the club for years.
Composed, runs the right way (which most dont), strong on and off the ball.

He is the one with real value in that team and if we are to push for promotion, he is critical to that midfield alongside an enforcer like Doyle.

He has true potential and exciting to watch having seen all his games now, its clearly not a one off.

Nick

Administrator
Another good game, looks much better than Stevenson in that he drives forward with the ball. A few times his decision making let him down but it's still within his first handful of Pro games so it's to be expected.

Kelly is going to struggle to get back into the team I think.

Nick

Administrator
A few dodgy passes today that put us in danger, trying cross-field balls that got intercepted.

Could point to the pitch but even so, he doesn't look out of place in the middle (even when people are kicking off).

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Would rather him attempt those passes and fail occasionally than try long hopeful passes that Stevenson thinks he's good at and he is not or going back to the defence which is what Kelly did too much of.

woody11462

How about playing three in midfield with Bayliss having a licence to drive forward with two sat behind. Would mean sacrificing an attacking midfielder but they're dropping like flies anyway!

wingy

Thought he was good today, but I don’t think he has shown anything more than Stevenson did last season? He is better st driving with the ball yes.
I mean that they both have similar potential. Different types of midfielders, but I think people are incredibly harsh on Stevenson.
I agree with this.
Great to see him transferring his obvious talent into the mens game.

pusbccfc

As others have said, what sets him apart from Stevenson is his grit.

Whenever Stevenson has played he's been completely bullied out of the game, whereas Bayliss not only takes the knocks but gives them back.

Isn't afraid to square up to bigger lads either, second game running he's kicked off.

fernandopartridge

He's very tidy on the ball but still has a lot to learn about positioning to pick up the second balls.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Another good game, looks much better than Stevenson in that he drives forward with the ball. A few times his decision making let him down but it's still within his first handful of Pro games so it's to be expected.

Kelly is going to struggle to get back into the team I think.

Might get in ahead of Doyle. I think he can do with a break.

Si80

He was. He ran the game
He didn't. He had a better game than Doyle I'll give him that, but their wasn't a standout performance by any of our midfielders today as the ball just passed them by. I like the lad, I like that he's willing to take the ball forwards and put us on the front foot. I just didn't think he was MOTM.
Davies or Willis had better games than Bayliss today imo.

covboy1987

Stevenson will not kick a ball again at CCFC if this guy keeps fit and keeps his form. Quality player and 10 times the player Stevenson is.
Disagree they are both cracking players hats off to our academy - Stevenson will come back again and Bayliss will fade - that's how it always works with young players - luckily we have a manager that understands and will take them out and put them in when required -Ponticelli has been rested and now will be given another chance - Maddison was no different spells of many games then not a sniff

stevefloyd

I still maintain that Stevenson looks shit scared our midfield was dreadful last season and looks weak with Stevenson in it, Bayliss and Shipley are part of a winning midfield at present maybe that's by having Doyle in there but fair play to the lads. Maybe Stevenson will man up as he gets older but at the minute well down the pecking order

Nick

Administrator
Agree, imagine if their defender got in Stevenson's face yesterday. Bayliss seems to have a bit about him which is what Stevenson lacks.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think Stevenson will come good again lots of young players have tough second seasons, on Bayliss he looks a nice player who looks to move forward with the ball gives it away as he takes chances unlike safe players like Kelly but I would leave him out Saturday for a rest as you can see how young players struggle with a lot of games in a short space just look at Shipley.

Users who are viewing this thread