Tom Bayliss - show me the money. (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Some of his play was woeful, but some of it was brilliant .

Overall, to say he was woeful I find rather disengeuous.

Amongst the poor passing were some excellent crossfield balls, one superb run down the left and of course, the goal .

Not a great game, but some of the stuff he did was excellent.
Errrrrrrrr,,, disingenuous

steve82

Completely agree. A around by mean was slating everything he did on Saturday and has been for weeks.

He hasn't been playing particularly well but Still has flashes of quality. Hes so young, and like Shipley they only broke through last season, they are gonna have dips And normally you'd pull them out the squad for a few weeks but with injuries and poor form (Ogogo!!) Robins hasn't had that luxury.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I hate to see things like this, support and encourage them through games. The shit I’ve witnessed Jordan Shipley get this season and last year on occasions is embarrassing to see from mature men.

Agree with your sentiments on young players and how you take them out the firing line but your correct we don’t have that luxury, even more so now for selection today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old Warwickshire lad

Don’t expect young players to be consistent throughout a full season. They will need a rest more than the seasoned pros.
I know it doesn’t seem to make sense but that’s the way it is. So we need to be a bit patient ( me included) .

steve82

Assist today.....

Yeah a nicely weighted poke to Hiwula to slot away today. Nice ball.

But as I put on the other thread.... on today’s performance that was his highlight over the 98 mins, a few searching balls put forward which I’d rather not discourage from his game so again positive, a few darting runs but other than that.... anonymous and caught in possession to easily. The shot he had was unfortunate as it would not drop quick enough for him.

However it was the 69th 70th min before he made a decent interception before the last 10 mins he made some excellent blocks recovering from the space the two Southend players had down our left.

If I was to be really picky and critical he failed to show for 9/10 throw ins, where Westbrook on his debut showed for everything and put in a marginally better performance playing out of position.

All this against a poor Southend side who’s midfield were poor which he didn’t really shine in again, with Kelly running the middle of the park.

Yeah I agree with many, others and he are young, he’s not going to perform weekly but since the second half v Peterborough I’m not seeing enough from him.

I’d rather circulate his name and try and invest in players fit and ready for L1 now or 100% in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Yeah a nicely weighted poke to Hiwula to slot away today. Nice ball.

But as I put on the other thread.... on today’s performance that was his highlight over the 98 mins, a few searching balls put forward which I’d rather not discourage from his game so again positive, a few darting runs but other than that.... anonymous and caught in possession to easily. The shot he had was unfortunate as it would not drop quick enough for him.

However it was the 69th 70th min before he made a decent interception before the last 10 mins he made some excellent blocks recovering from the space the two Southend players had down our left.

If I was to be really picky and critical he failed to show for 9/10 throw ins, where Westbrook on his debut showed for everything and put in a marginally better performance playing out of position.

All this against a poor Southend side who’s midfield were poor which he didn’t really shine in again, with Kelly running the middle of the park.

Yeah I agree with many, others and he are young, he’s not going to perform weekly but since the second half v Peterborough I’m not seeing enough from him.

I’d rather circulate his name and try and invest in players fit and ready for L1 now or 100% in the summer.

You're mental mate. Replace a very talented young player with experienced league 1 fodder, why haven't we done this before!?

steve82

You're mental mate. Replace a very talented young player with experienced league 1 fodder, why haven't we done this before!?

Maybe, but I know I’m not seeing enough from a talented young man this season who won’t be here in 18 months. Let’s make the transition sooner than later

Nick

Administrator
What would we get realistically for bayliss now? Granted there's been a few games where I thought he has been awful but has still popped up with a goal and assist but havent considered sacking him off.

If we can just get him to put something on the end of those runs when he does that turn it will make a massive difference i think.

I've classed this season as a consolidate and build season, that's also getting players a years experience.

Selling him to gamble on promotion is just that, a gamble. Especially if the replacement ends up like ogogo.

steve82

What would we get realistically for bayliss now? Granted there's been a few games where I thought he has been awful but has still popped up with a goal and assist but havent considered sacking him off.

If we can just get him to put something on the end of those runs when he does that turn it will make a massive difference i think.

I've classed this season as a consolidate and build season, that's also getting players a years experience.

Selling him to gamble on promotion is just that, a gamble. Especially if the replacement ends up like ogogo.

I’m not suggesting we sell on gambling on promotion this season, that’s unrealistic I feel and unpredictable.

Let’s face it. In 18 months absolutely tops I’d be amazed if he’s still here I’d rather make the transition sooner to having players on the proceeds of him arrive January or this summer giving us a good go next year.

He’s a top prospect but one were tuning for little in the way of reward on the pitch this season in the way of mediocre performances idolised by his L2 exploits tho typically you highlight something and they respond with a goal and a assist. Sod’s law if you was to be bitter or actually wonderful if your a genuine fan of ccfc, thankfully I like him, but I feel we can find better value to add to the team in 2 positions at his expense.

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

If we sold him, and I don't think we should, who could you see being brought in to replace him. Anyone of Championship quality won't drop to L1 now, they'll cost too much and demand higher wages than we would ever offer.

steve82

If we sold him, and I don't think we should, who could you see being brought in to replace him. Anyone of Championship quality won't drop to L1 now, they'll cost too much and demand higher wages than we would ever offer.

We can pluck suitable names out the air but there is genuine quality in L2 and L1 you can tempt here with some cash if MR asked the questions to clubs on fees and availability of players even using some players as make weights in deals.

We could do with trimming numbers in areas

Esoterica

I’m not suggesting we sell on gambling on promotion this season, that’s unrealistic I feel and unpredictable.

Let’s face it. In 18 months absolutely tops I’d be amazed if he’s still here I’d rather make the transition sooner to having players on the proceeds of him arrive January or this summer giving us a good go next year.

He’s a top prospect but one were tuning for little in the way of reward on the pitch this season in the way of mediocre performances idolised by his L2 exploits tho typically you highlight something and they respond with a goal and a assist. Sod’s law if you was to be bitter or actually wonderful if your a genuine fan of ccfc, thankfully I like him, but I feel we can find better value to add to the team in 2 positions at his expense.

He literally made his league debut 1 year and 2 weeks ago. He played right midfield in L2. Now he's playing CM in a L1 team, 8 points off the play off, with no reason why we shouldn't win the next 4 games against a team we beat 3 times in the last 3 matches and then 3 of the bottom 4.

covcity4life

Bayliss will be championship level minimum..maybe prem level

Don't see point replacing him with a league 2 player that has a league 2 ceiling right now

Ride the wave. We could see 2 promotions with bayliss possibly

steve82

Don't see point replacing him with a league 2 player that has a league 2 ceiling right now

Agree I see him taking the same route as Maddison did to cementing a regular championship spot as his career goes on. The rest is up to him doing more in games as he develops be that with us in the next 18 months or somewhere else.

stupot07

We signed Ogogo in the summer, and have Kelly and Doyle to compete with Bayliss for a slot in the central midfield, plus Shipley

And suggesting he will be gone in 18 months and so Should be looking to transition in preparation , Robins also signed Westbrooke and Bosma in the summer as well as Maycock Who's out on loan at Macclesfield. All developing and robins will be hoping break through over the next 12 months.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Correct me if I am wrong (or wiki) but Tom Bayliss is a developing player and has still not as yet played 50 professional games, he is frustrating at times and I do think with playing alongside Doyle hasn't been the best for him, now Kelly has regained his fitness Tom has managed a goal and an assist so is ticking along nicely.
Remember when Maddison was here he was hit and miss but is now looking very good, Tom will get better and has certainly got more about him than Maddison had at his age when he was here, so lets hope we have him a little longer and has a decent enough greedy agent to allow him to develop here

CCFCSteve

Agree. I’d be shocked if he didn’t play regularly in the prem (at the least). As everyone’s said it’s been a bit patchy this season (expected for a kid) but some of his play is levels above, he doesn’t go hiding when it’s not falling for him (see Chalton game as a great example) and ultimately he’s a player who, in the right areas can make things happen. Other than Thomas we don’t have too many others of those.

His confidence appears to be coming back over the last game and a half so he’s influencing games more.

The lads a winner and I’d be gutted if he left this early in his career.

Ps fair play to Robins as well, last week keeping bayliss on when he could’ve dragged him off (for nobody some thought :emoji_relaxed:) and by persisting with him he’s been rewarded with a winnning goal and winning assist. Same with Westbrooke yesterday, struggled a little bit out of position, first half especially, his last 20 mins were very good fhough.

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Christ can you imagine what would happen to us if we got promoion to the championship with our current squad

covcity4life

Christ can you imagine what would happen to us if we got promoion to the championship with our current squad

We would add to the core that could play in league above

Willis
Hyam
Davies
Sterling
Kelly
Bayliss
Thomas
Hiwulla

Note I am saying could play in championship not could get us promoted from championship

Otis

I only think we should sell him if we really, really have too.

I think he's a great player and if he's a luxury I think he is a luxury we can certainly afford.

Bayliss and Thomas are the two creative sparks in the team. Westbrooke looks like he could be decent, but he seems a bit raw to me for now.

If we can keep Bayliss we definitely should.

Be nice if the only players we sell in January are the ones we don't really want here anyway.

Gint11

I can see points behind most of the comments on Bayliss good and bad. I’ll keep it simple. He’s one of our own, young and hungry and is an asset to us. Let’s keep coaching and improving him to find consistency which will come with age. Other clubs are keen which tells me enough.

Adge

We would add to the core that could play in league above

Willis
Hyam
Davies
Sterling
Kelly
Bayliss
Thomas
Hiwulla

Note I am saying could play in championship not could get us promoted from championship

And they would be a laughing stock! Only Bayliss and Sterling would POSSIBLY be able to compete at that level.

steve82

Pleased to read his performance today is still on the rise with a assist too which JCH scored from.

Hopefully he builds on the confidence of this purple patch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

I hope no scouts were watching Bayliss yesterday. They certainly would have walked away not impressed.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I hope no scouts were watching Bayliss yesterday. They certainly would have walked away not impressed.

We should sell him and bring in some ‘hardened’ 32 year old league one/two central midfielder who has never played above that level because that’s guaranteed to solve all our troubles...

Fergusons_Beard

Bayliss looks a million times better with Kelly in the middle with him.

At yesterday’s match you had the feeling that he couldn’t really commit to going forward because of Doyle.

Doyle’s age really has caught up with him. He was never the most blessed of footballers but what he lacked in technique he made up for in work rate. Unfortunately he hasn’t got that now-we carried him yesterday and this definitely impacted on our performance-including Bayliss.

Honestly cannot believe the short-termism that a lot of City fans suffer from. Look at those teams that have made the journey through the divisions (Bournemouth, Southampton, etc) they stuck with their talented youngsters, built teams that had consistency in selection and reaped the benefit.

I understand that we do need to sell the occasional player to keep afloat but keeping hold of Bayliss is for me key to City’s future success.

Especially as we can’t keep relying on the academy to keep producing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread