Tom Bayliss - show me the money. (1 Viewer)

steve82

Tom Bayliss could be the answer to ease our issue’s this January, tho not for us. Times up. We need to find answers, and he’s it!

Get assurances you can reinvest the money generated this January and sell him!
Lads struggling to adapt to the pace and step up, too lightweight for L1, he’s a luxury we can ill afford to carry at times.

Get some natural wingers down both flanks and a proper target man and generate some balance be it on loan or work the transfer market.

Listen to offers for anyone if need be, January needs to happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

He's been awful the last 2 months. Doesn't look interested one bit.

steve82

Out of 23 league games he’s been value for 3 all season in reality. It’s not happening for him and we don’t have time to allow him to develop to the required standards weekly.

Like I said he’s a luxury we cannot afford to carry.

steve82

Jesus wept, sell a young prospect mid season in the hope that somehow you'll get somebody in who is better. Give the lad a break ffs

I am giving him a break, hopefully a pay rise to a under 23 side for a championship club!!

How much patience can you have, 23 games so far and no improvement to show consistency at a much harder level than last year.

A few mazy runs isn’t enough, if you had not of seen him last year many would put him in the same bracket as Chaplin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve82

Thing is, the whole team is playing badly. Doesn't that point to a bigger and wider problem than Tom Bayliss?

Correct, it needs players in key areas. So you need to find players who are gonna come in and help. Some need to go as a result, he’s one who should be considered

fernandopartridge

I am giving him a break, hopefully a pay rise to a under 23 side for a championship club!!

How much patience can you have, 23 games so far and no improvement to show consistency at a much harder level than last year.

A few mazy runs isn’t enough, if you had not of seen him last year many would put him in the same bracket as Chaplin.

More than one year around the first team. You usually speak sense tbf

steve82

More than one year around the first team. You usually speak sense tbf

In all honesty I think I’m speaking fair now. The kids a talent, a big future in the game if he steps up on what he showed he was capable of last year. That’s great but what do we do keep carrying him for another 15 games and we’re wishing we utilised his value to get a few more hardened bloodied players in January.

We’re still looking at him with sky blue glasses on from L2.

Otis

In all honesty I think I’m speaking fair now. The kids a talent, a big future in the game if he steps up on what he showed he was capable of last year. That’s great but what do we do keep carrying him for another 15 games and we’re wishing we utilised his value to get a few more hardened bloodied players in January.

We’re still looking at him with sky blue glasses on from L2.

But I don't think we Are carrying him. How can we be carrying him when the whole side is playing badly? In the last two or three games just about every single player has been getting ratings of 5 or lower from us the fans. That's not carrying anyone. That's the whole side playing badly.

steve82

But I don't think we Are carrying him. How can we be carrying him when the whole side is playing badly? In the last two or three games just about every single player has been getting ratings of 5 or lower from us the fans. That's not carrying anyone. That's the whole side playing badly.

He’s been off prior to this last month of games let’s be honest by a long way. How many games this year has he alone been good value in if we was to take our love away for him and evaluate his performances?

I do agree tho the last month he’s not alone

Otis

He’s been off prior to this last month of games let’s be honest by a long way. How many games this year has he alone been good value in if we was to take our love away for him and evaluate his performances?

I do agree tho the last month he’s not alone

More than that. Prior to the 5 game winning streak we were not very good.

Fernando is right. You are usually a very good poster, but I'm afraid I cannot agree with you on this, Steve.

This season as a whole (not just the last few games) .....

Doyle- Poor
Shipley - Poor
JCH - Poor
Chaplin - Poor
Hiwula- Poor
Bayliss - Poor
Ogogo - Poor
Andreu - Poor

Do I need to go on?

steve82

More than that. Prior to the 5 game winning streak we were not very good.

Fernando is right. You are usually a very good poster, but I'm afraid I cannot agree with you on this, Steve.

This season as a whole (not just the last few games) .....

Doyle- Poor
Shipley - Poor
JCH - Poor
Chaplin - Poor
Hiwula- Poor
Bayliss - Poor
Ogogo - Poor
Andreu - Poor

Do I need to go on?

100% agree with what your saying but in terms of who holds creditable value to make the changes happen this January it’s Bayliss.

I appreciate you and fernando share differing opinions, I welcome yours and others different views on it.

I’m a reasoned poster and will not necessarily be right in my views but this is my view and I strongly believe it’s for the benefit of the club this window.

Otis

We get the right players around him, Bayliss is nothing but an asset to this club.

If it were me, I'd only sell him if we had to sell him and had no choice in the matter.

steve82

We get the right players around him, Bayliss is nothing but an asset to this club.

If it were me, I'd only sell him if we had to sell him and had no choice in the matter.

Can see where your coming from but what’s the easier fix this window given what’s ideally needed?

He is a asset but a asset is no good if your in a major slump short term to possibly go in any window at the minute he steps up in ability and be poached.

I’d rather a core side of committed grafters who can play the level than some future stars who another club will benefit from.

It’s served us no good previously taking your view point.

chiefdave

Lads struggling to adapt to the pace and step up, too lightweight for L1, he’s a luxury we can ill afford to carry at times.
If he's failed to step up to L1 how is he a luxury we can cash in on? Surely if he hasn't handled the step up to L1 then you'd be looking at selling him to a L2 side.

steve82

If he's failed to step up to L1 how is he a luxury we can cash in on? Surely if he hasn't handled the step up to L1 then you'd be looking at selling him to a L2 side.

Football don’t work like that tho, clubs will of already seen enough ability in him to nurture over 2/3/4 seasons.

If that was the rule of thumb no top clubs would be bulking out there under’s categories of L2 players or L1.

Look at Stevenson. A shambles in L2 but showed promise in a few games at L1 building his main reputation in our U23’s u18’s..etc

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I understand what Steve is getting at - things aren't working at the mo and if we need to raise funds to make changes to the squad we're going to have to sell but who is there that might be wanted?

Bayliss has struggled a bit this year, and I think part of that is that he tries to do too much by himself and ends up losing the ball. He may well be better suited to a higher league where players like him are given more protection by referees. It's true we don't have that much creativity in midfield, but at the same time I don't thing Bayliss is indispensable. I think Kelly showed last season when given a bit of freedom he can do a decent enough job in that role.

But I don't think Bayliss is going to attract a huge amount of attention and any that does would only be looking to pay 500k + add ons tops and that's not enough to make the changes necessary during a Jan transfer window. The only way I think Bayliss would be worth less is if we got relegated at the end of the season and I don't think that'll happen (and if we did I'd be looking to keep him as he's a good player at that level).

Overall I think maybe we should possibly be looking to sell him in the summer when it's a longer window and we can try and create a bidding war if possible. We'd be having N'Gandu and Burroughs full time who look decent prospects in an attacking/creative midfield, and hopefully Westbrooke can step up as well as anyone we might be able to bring in.

Terry_dactyl

I think the key to any real financial input rests on what happens with Callum Wilson. A move to Chelsea was mentioned on the radio again yesterday. £30mil + and we’re laughing.

Hobo

Tom Bayliss could be the answer to ease our issue’s this January, tho not for us. Times up. We need to find answers, and he’s it!

Get some natural wingers down both flanks and a proper target man and generate some balance be it on loan or work the transfer market.

Listen to offers for anyone if need be, January needs to happen

He hasn't been convincing at this level. I doubt there will be little interest. It certainly won't be a wind fall for us.

Magwitch

As we know Bayliss isn’t doing aswell as last season but he’s a known entity now so is tighter marked second season is always tougher, Shipley in same boat too. Both still a little raw and a division higher.

steve82

You made exact same thread about Willis

Please stop trying to get rid of our best players because manager dinosaur tactics has us in trouble

I did correct, you got to do business at the level and circumstances your at. It’s no good looking long term if you’ve greater issues short term

We are in dire need of a left winger now, maybe a right winger too. We’ve players not adapting or performing so that needs to change.

Plus or so called best player has been nothing short of a liability at times tho he’s not alone but he holds the value.

steve82

Unbelievable thread. I despair I really do

I remember very similar sentiments about James Maddison - he wouldn't cut it in the Championship, was over rated, too big for his boots, etc.
He hasn't done too badly has he?

Just to clarify my point I rate Tom Bayliss long term prospects very highly, it’s a needs must situation for me right now.

Users who are viewing this thread