Today’s games (3 Viewers)

steve cooper

True and I only started to get a bit worried after QPR, but I have always been confident we would say up.

It's such positive news that we are in April, have 7 games to go and are 7 points clear.

Didn't look like it was going to be anything like that a little while back.

I am expecting nothing on Saturday, so any points at all will be such a massive bonus.
I'm expecting a defeat on Saturday, but remember last season when Brentford looked certain for auto promotion until the last couple of games, and then imploded, losing to at home to Barnsley of all teams who escaped relegation by 1 point.
It's probably a bit early for teams to be affected by the pressure to that extent but it happens.
Bournemouth's home form the last 5 games is WLWLW, I wonder what comes next :confused:

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Yes, of course, but I really don't think Rotherham are that good and I can't see them picking many points at all from those games in hand. I think they have too many games to cram in, in too little time.
Actually that side in 1984/85 was one of our weaker surviving relegation teams, It was a close one that year for sure Still had some very good players in it of course . That team played its best football of the season right at the end thankfully.

Last edited:

Grendel

Actually that side in 1984/85 was one of our weaker surviving relegation teams, It was a close one that year for sure Still had some very good players in it of course . That team played its best football of the season right at the end thankfully.

It was a joke really. We were terrible versus Stole and would have gone down but for the penalty miss (a player we then oddly signed to hardly ever play) a desperate late goal v Luton and a farce of a game against a team who really didn’t want to be there

Hertsccfc

It was a joke really. We were terrible versus Stole and would have gone down but for the penalty miss (a player we then oddly signed to hardly ever play) a desperate late goal v Luton and a farce of a game against a team who really didn’t want to be there
I don't think Painter played a single first team game for us did he?

I will never forget Kilcline's goal against Luton. The end of that match was so tense.

Calista

Ah that late penalty miss. Listened to it on the radio – it bounced down off the bar onto the line I think, and the commentator changed his mind about three times whether it was a goal or not! Nobody did relegation escapes like the Sky Blues in those days.

Mcbean

Ah that late penalty miss. Listened to it on the radio – it bounced down off the bar onto the line I think, and the commentator changed his mind about three times whether it was a goal or not! Nobody did relegation escapes like the Sky Blues in those days.
don't need that again my heart would'nt take it

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I agree pretty terrible against Stoke and just edged it thankfully. We were a bit lucky in first half v Luton but produced the goods eventually which resulted for me personally my most celebrated goal ever (even beat a couple of Houchen FA Cup specials for pure ecstasy/relief). I disagree though regarding Everton , we were great against Everton from start of the game and would have beat ANYONE that day with team performance and the crowd behind us.

jordan210

Millwall v Swansea - Dont care
Barnsley v Middlesbrough - Dont care
Birmingham v Stoke _ Stoke Win
Bournemouth v Coventry - Us please
Bristol City v Nottm Forest - Bristol
Cardiff v Blackburn - Cardiff
Derby v Norwich - Norwich
Huddersfield v Rotherham - Draw or Hudd win
Preston North End v Brentford - Dont mind
Queens Park Rangers v Sheffield Wednesday - QRP win
Wycombe Wanderers v Luton Town - Luton win

Alex1987

Agree except I think id ewther forest over Bristol city. Tho I think both are safe

Gibbo

I am not sure which is the result for Preston which ends up with them becoming completely 'couldn't care less' because they are so becalmed in mid-table. A defeat I sustect.

Otis

How can you not care about Barnsley v Middlesbrough?

Wash your mouth out!

2-1 to the Tykes.

Sky Blue Harry H

Good start. Sheff Weds 1-0 down.

Yep - if Sheff Wed lose today - great for us. It would take 3 positive results to catch us up (damn - they've just equalised), Don't want them winning today. Draw is ok

Alex1987

Today could have been much worse.
Wycombe gone now. 'Only' 6 behind us before their red card but 9 with 5 left.
Wednesday remain 7 behind. Worried they might continue from their win last week. Would be coming in to view if they'd won today.
Derby loss
Would have preferred a rotherham loss but in drawing, keeps Huddersfield in it too. Both probably had that game down as a win.

Hobo

All the Everton players were hungover from the night before, they had no interest in that game.
There are lots of near the end of season games where teams aren't interested. Mid table nothing to play for and trying out youngsters. In fact the whole season is a mish mash - you can only play what is in front of you on the day.

Evo1883

Just to test your nerves a little ...QPR are giving 2 full debuts to youngsters tonight
giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

Rotherham have mixed their side up - Giles starting. Ladapo up front instead of Smith (saving for our game). If they don't win tonight, I think they've made a huge error. Also looks like QPR have made a couple of changes. George Thomas starting - set up a goal from the bench at the weekend. Come on George-CCFC legend !!!

Users who are viewing this thread