Today’s games (7 Viewers)

clint van damme

That's just sort of giving a free excuse to our shocking performances. No one said this year would be easy, but actually I think it has been easier than predicted. We are fucking it up ourselves and it's parody sometimes.

As said above, the lack of fight by players and management is infuriating.

But this is what I don't understand, people are saying, yeah I expected a relegation battle but the performances are shocking.
Well what do you expect from team in a relegation battle?
It doesn't make sense. Yes, yesterday was abysmal but in general we just haven't been good enough. The majority of the players just aren't Championship standard.

I still think we would be a few points better off if Godden and Walker had stayed fit.
And I still think if we stay up by 1 goal on goal difference it will be a great achievement.

clint van damme

We created decent chances against Wycombe and were the better team for much of it but our finishing was dreadful.
Last quarter of the game we seem to go into ourselves but I've noticed we do that when we have nothing to show for periods of dominance.
I put that down to confidence more than anything.

Otis

No, but you can say things are extremely concerning, which obviously turned out to be correct. As someone said on another thread, we have scored 12 goals in 21 games. It's not like it's happened overnight.

I'm not sure why there is an insistence by some to just pretend we aren't in deep shit right now.
I certainly don't think that. I do think we are in real trouble at the moment and something does have to change.

I do think we are well capable of beating Bristol though on Monday.

no_loyalty

I think I'm at the point where a Huddersfield win and finding form before they play Rotherham next weekend isn't necessarily a bad thing

I think it’s now fair to say that it’s us or Rotherham who will go down with Wycombe and Sheff Wed, Birmingham and Huddersfield will be ok.

cc84cov

We created decent chances against Wycombe and were the better team for much of it but our finishing was dreadful.
Last quarter of the game we seem to go into ourselves but I've noticed we do that when we have nothing to show for periods of dominance.
I think that Wycombe game the players fell off tbh the set up again was totally wrong to play 5 at the back at home with 3 holding and 1 striker is utter shit from robins

Nick

Administrator

We have been awful with no fight all the way back to Luton.

People mistake passing between our defenders as "dominance". We had one shot on target, as did they against Wycombe.

clint van damme

I think that Wycombe game the players fell off tbh the set up again was totally wrong to play 5 at the back at home with 3 holding and 1 striker is utter shit from robins

Fair comment. But we did create chances but Biamou had a nightmare.
Again, apart from a few people, the majority of us don't think hes anywhere near good enough for this league. He really wouldn't be laying if we'd kept Walker and Godden fit

Terry Gibson's perm

Last season we started quickly on the front foot now we just sit back and hope (Luton aside), we need to score first and probably know we need to get at least two to win as the defence has a mistake in it.

Sky Blue Harry H

This thread is turning into that bit of a season where fans are fighting with each other in the stands, despite all wanting the same thing (perhaps one small benefit of there being no fans at games).

clint van damme

We have been awful with no fight all the way back to Luton.

People mistake passing between our defenders as "dominance". We had one shot on target, as did they against Wycombe.

Same as Wycombe, we ad a great chance to go ahead and blew it. That goes in different story.
But Luton then punished us.
As I said elsewhere, Collins can't get in their side yet he'd walk into ours.
I don't think that result was lack of fight either, we were just useless.

no_loyalty

Last season we started quickly on the front foot now we just sit back and hope (Luton aside), we need to score first and probably know we need to get at least two to win as the defence has a mistake in it.

When we score first we generally don’t lose, so we need to go for it straight from kickoff.

Terry Gibson's perm

When we score first we generally don’t lose, so we need to go for it straight from kickoff.

If you score first at home it tends to open the opposition up a bit more and you can go on and get a second as I said we are likely to need to as the defence will drop deep and all that passing about at the back causes mistakes.

clint van damme

This thread is turning into that bit of a season where fans are fighting with each other in the stands, despite all wanting the same thing (perhaps one small benefit of there being no fans at games).

Id willingly take a Slap to be in the ground for the remainder of the season rather than watching on Ifollow

Terry Gibson's perm

Huddersfield are pretty poor but have got a point against Brentford.
They have got some wise old players like Stearman but lack pace at the back and the goalie looks scared.

Happy_Martian

Just got back on after tea (supper for our Barnsley member ;) ) and how the bleepin' heck are Wednesday 3 goals ahead already ? :O

Evo1883

I mean there are 7 matches left ..
They need to win 2 and draw with us losing 3 in a row to overtake us

no_loyalty

I can’t believe Wednesday are 3-0 up.

covcity4life

We’re not in a relegation battle we’re around relegation places meekly letting whatever happens happen
Meekly?

I love how Brighton liked your post. He was so angry at only 4 pts from 6 vs Wycombe. Today Wycombe best the team he is so scared of LMAO

Brighton Sky Blue

Meekly?

I love how Brighton liked your post. He was so angry at only 4 pts from 6 vs Wycombe. Today Wycombe best the team he is so scared of LMAO

I was angry at us not winning a game where Wycombe were dreadful...

Give it a break it was boring back in October

Users who are viewing this thread