Today’s games (1 Viewer)

Calista

Looking at the full table on the BBC website, showing recent form, the last 45 games played by the bottom 9 teams have yielded just 4 wins (we have one of them). None of those teams have picked up a win in the last two rounds of games.

Lots of weak sides in the bottom half of the table, so any team that can put together a few half-decent results should be able to keep clear of trouble. Recent performances give me hope we can do that.

87 n all that

It’s a good job he said between 7th and 14th then and also specified after that it would likely be towards the bottom of that
It’s a good job he said between 7th and 14th then and also specified after that it would likely be towards the bottom of that
sitting on the fence. 7th is missing out on the playoffs. 14th means you’re usually at least 7-10 of the bottom 3. Great place to be but don’t think it’s going to be us this season.

johnwillomagic

Have to say I'm very happy overall with the results in the midweek run of games - only thing is just imagine if we beat Derby!
Still we certainly did not deserve to win on the night disappointingly so will respect the point.

D

Deleted member 4439

Watford and Reading showing how shit they are. Could have done us a better favour.

Lucky escape for Weds. Reading completely dominated the match, especially after Shaw's sending off (a mental 78% possession and 20 shots), and had 4 pen shouts denied, including a stonewall handball.

AFCCOVENTRY

Lucky escape for Weds. Reading completely dominated the match, especially after Shaw's sending off (a mental 78% possession and 20 shots), and had 4 pen shouts denied, including a stonewall handball.

Shocking. I thought the referees in L1 were bad...just as in the Champ

Barnsley

Too many draws can be a killer when you’re down the bottom of the table, it’s been our undoing a time or two, it’s not so bad if you can build on them and turn them into wins, but to do that you have to risk losing a point to gain 2 and it’s an hard mindset to have when you’re scrapping for survival.

Saying that this draw will feel like a win to them under the circumstances.

Mcbean

Those results show how unlucky we were in our last few games - how was Marshall’s tackle on O Hare not a penalty

Warwickhunt

Too many draws can be a killer when you’re down the bottom of the table, it’s been our undoing a time or two, it’s not so bad if you can build on them and turn them into wins, but to do that you have to risk losing a point to gain 2 and it’s an hard mindset to have when you’re scrapping for survival.

Saying that this draw will feel like a win to them under the circumstances.
all the effort to get draws and when you think that a win is equal to 3 draws the season soon runs out of matches! need to win 1 out of every 4 games to keep our heads above water.

Happy_Martian

Looking at the full table on the BBC website, showing recent form, the last 45 games played by the bottom 9 teams have yielded just 4 wins (we have one of them). None of those teams have picked up a win in the last two rounds of games.

Lots of weak sides in the bottom half of the table, so any team that can put together a few half-decent results should be able to keep clear of trouble. Recent performances give me hope we can do that.

Agree with the sentiment but are they weak sides or just equal ? This season so far has shown that the whole league is fairly equal. We've now played the top 6 in the League but out of them all, Bournemouth is the only game where I felt we didn't do ourselves any favours or didn't have chances to win the game. And we beat Reading, who are 4th, just 1 pt behind the leaders. Bottom can beat top and noone is running away with the top positions just yet. I'm still concerned about Cov's fortunes but it will be a guessing game up to the end as to who will be the 3 to go down.

Users who are viewing this thread