To the naysayers (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

He’s not your Leicester type Billionaire owner is he ? Can’t say I’m hyped or disappointed.
Right now I’m more interested in Robins and Adi and progressing as we have been.

Grendel

King doesn't have a stadium to sell? 🤔

What that has to do with Bryan Richardson I’ve no idea. Richardson wouldn’t have even sold the stadium in the end

Hutch11

What that has to do with Bryan Richardson I’ve no idea. Richardson wouldn’t have even sold the stadium in the end
He sold Highfield Road and as a consequence left us not owning our own stadium , how's that worked out?

blunted

We have had boards with good intentions who made bad decisions. Jimmy Hill's all-seater stadium and investment in the USA. Visionary as ever, but too far ahead of the curve. Then we have had some pretty useless owners. To my mind McGinnty and Robinson were dreadful. Richardson I get the impression thought he was really sharp but evidence would say otherwise. Bringing in Big Ron spending millions and ending up in a relegation fight says it all. Years before, Spitting Image were taking the piss out of Big Ron for being profligate. Selling Highfield Road was not a clever move, although easy to say in hindsight. I think we had to lease it back for a while. Sisu didn't have a clue about running a football club and thought they could sue, bully and bluff their way into achieving their aims. The penny finally dropped and they got lucky with MR and AV but still nearly undermined this season with the sale of Hyam and the pitch debacle. Don't think some of the owners realised how closely their statements are analysed by fans, especially now fans on social media scrutinise everything. King, so far so good. He does not appear to be daft and knows we need more revenue from all sources. We will have to sell in the Summer if we don't go up. That will not be King's fault. He is not a Saudi prince but already the noises coming from above seem reasonable.

Hobo

I'm prepared to give the guy a chance but let's wait and see how he turns out? We are in a good feel-good place at the moment and don't really see what he has contributed so far?

Sky Blue Pete

I'm prepared to give the guy a chance but let's wait and see how he turns out? We are in a good feel-good place at the moment and don't really see what he has contributed so far?
Robins says stability but he may be trying to keep him sweet

Hobo

Robins says stability but he may be trying to keep him sweet
Hopefully that turns out to be the case. I don't expect the guy to pump in millions. But if we have to sell players (and we will). I just hope the money gets put back into the team.

Astute

Hopefully that turns out to be the case. I don't expect the guy to pump in millions. But if we have to sell players (and we will). I just hope the money gets put back into the team.
That's the best we should hope for. Rely on our income including player sales as our budget. We nearly went out of business overspending just like many other clubs.

Then it would be a bonus if he did donate a bit of cash for a players signing.

Grendel

For 1 he allegedly tried to buy the stadium not sell up and leave us not owning anything
For 2 he didn't pull the rug out from under Robins feet as what was done with Strachan on a number of occasions
For 3 he's actually delivered on what he said he would

He didn't try and buy the stadium - he made an "offer" subject to looking at the books which he could then instantly withdraw

Only time will tell what he is all about really

Hutch11

He didn't try and buy the stadium - he made an "offer" subject to looking at the books which he could then instantly withdraw

Hence allegedly but yes you're right, time will tell but I'm a lot more optimistic about the immediate future of the club than I ever was under them cnuts

oldfiver

His problem was ( allegedly) the deal had already been struck between WASPS, CCC and Frasers and secured with a £1m exclusivety payment.

It was reported Frasers reduced their final offer price by £1m

Users who are viewing this thread