To the naysayers (1 Viewer)

Hutch11

When was the last time we felt genuinely optimistic with our owners ?

Robinshio

If we’re honest and can put hindsight away, when Sisu first came in and we brought in Dann, Fox, and Westwood it felt like something was happening. Before that probably the Big Ron/WGS era.

Of course we know how both of those ended 🤣
Disagree re dann and fox initially. People were questioning buying defenders from Walsall

Robinshio

Well... I do wonder how I was able to find plenty of information (OK, at the time I had access to certain people and resources) but people who were professionals in the area supposedly were blind to what SISU were...
If their plan had worked and they had a robins instead of a Coleman who knows!!

Sick Boy

If their plan had worked and they had a robins instead of a Coleman who knows!!
From what I recall, it was between Nigel Pearson (when he was assistant at Newcastle) and Coleman.
When we first considered Robins, it was between him and Thorn - there would have been outrage from the majority had Thorn not got the job.

Brighton Sky Blue

From what I recall, it was between Nigel Pearson (when he was assistant at Newcastle) and Coleman.
When we first considered Robins, it was between him and Thorn - there would have been outrage from the majority had Thorn not got the job.

Eric Black should have stayed instead of Peter Reid, and I remember that argument being used in favour of hiring Thorn

Hutch11

Based on what?
For 1 he allegedly tried to buy the stadium not sell up and leave us not owning anything
For 2 he didn't pull the rug out from under Robins feet as what was done with Strachan on a number of occasions
For 3 he's actually delivered on what he said he would

NorthernWisdom

tbf, as caretaker Thorn did OK. The error was not replacing him quicker really, as he showed no gumption in trying to get us out of trouble once we hit it.

Then again the club was declining anyway, so probably not an ideal time to become its manager whoever you were!

Sick Boy

tbf, as caretaker Thorn did OK. The error was not replacing him quicker really, as he showed no gumption in trying to get us out of trouble once we hit it.

Then again the club was declining anyway, so probably not an ideal time to become its manager whoever you were!
I remember going to the game away at Palace that September and it was clear we were going to get relegated - it was dreadful. If they'd have got rid of him though they'd have been an outcry - the club was in decline but sticking with him damaged the club even more.

SBT

For 1 he allegedly tried to buy the stadium not sell up and leave us not owning anything
For 2 he didn't pull the rug out from under Robins feet as what was done with Strachan on a number of occasions
For 3 he's actually delivered on what he said he would
Well he’s already botched #1, but he’s only been here six months - plenty of time to botch #2 and #3!

TomRad85

If we do go up King will have played his part, even if it is just by doing the bare minimum you'd expect from a half way competent owner. SISU would have pulled the rug in Jan and we all know it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fatso

He's yet to fund £6.5mil players for Robins either...
I'd sooner be where we are now under DK, than where we may well of been under Sisu.

Some positivity is way better than no positivity. Of course time will tell if its misplaced, but I'm happy the way things are going so far, and in some ways it's good that the improvements are incremental instead of going balls out. That way the path forward has a chance of being sustainable.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Not felt this great about owners since sisu improved the stadium situation and led us to checkatrade, league 2 and league 1 silverware and then left us with a playoff pushing squad.

You forgot to add the relegation.

Users who are viewing this thread