To Stay or Go (4 Viewers)

Would you like to see the club leave the Ricoh as long as there was a viable option?

• Yes

Votes: 80 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 53 39.8%

• Total voters

kg82

everyone is willing to move in principal despite what sickboy, toorch etc believe. The poll doesn't deliver in anyway the information he seeks.

Of course many would move if it wasn't better in everyway, that isn't my point, my point is that 40% of people have voted no they aren't willing to move however that's nonscense all of those people would be willing to move if the new stadium situation was better in everyway. They have quite understandably though voted no because they don't believe the new stadium would be acceptable. We have no way of knowing from the result how many people have answered "am I willing to move under any circumstance" and ticked yes, vs how many have tried to imagine what this likely new stadium would be and voted on whether or not they would prefer to stay where we are.

You know what would be easiest then? If you don't think the polls any good, just don't post on it? It's fairly simple.

Noggin

Are they? Everybody?

This poll is along the lines of the ones the CET use to draw up headlines about what city fans want, still no headline though :(

Potentially there are a couple of people who wouldn't want to move if they have a large financial interest in the success of the ricoh and that overrides their opinion as a Coventry fan, but that number if it's anyone here at all is so small that I think it's fair to say Everybody.

I'm completely against the new stadium because it's not financially viable, it's not happening and if it did happen I think it would be much worse than the Ricoh and in a much worse location, but if the new stadium was better financially than the Ricoh, was happening, was in a decent location and it provided everything the club needed ie enough seats etc I would be over the moon to move to it, of course I would.

kg82

Potentially there are a couple of people who wouldn't want to move if they have a large financial interest in the success of the ricoh and that overrides their opinion as a Coventry fan, but that number if it's anyone here at all is so small that I think it's fair to say Everybody.

I'm completely against the new stadium because it's not financially viable, it's not happening and if it did happen I think it would be much worse than the Ricoh and in a much worse location, but if the new stadium was better financially than the Ricoh, was happening, was in a decent location and it provided everything the club needed ie enough seats etc I would be over the moon to move to it, of course I would.

See, you've just said you don't think it's financially viable. Therefore, under the question I've provided, you should probably tick no. You got there in the end. And I've realised why you're making such a fuss.

Noggin

You know what would be easiest then? If you don't think the polls any good, just don't post on it? It's fairly simple.

If you don't find it helpful to learn then it's your loss. Carry on with your fingers in your ears. Not like it matters in this case but knowing how to understand the quality of information when you are making a decision on it is a very important life skill.

skybluetony176

What would you then learn from the pole? You'd only get people voting who want to move away from the Ricoh without question of what that means? To some people viable means anywhere but the Ricoh.

kg82

If you don't find it helpful to learn then it's your loss. Carry on with your fingers in your ears. Not like it matters in this case but knowing how to understand the quality of information when you are making a decision on it is a very important life skill.

Haha, for a forum poll?! Get real mate. You're miffed because the wording, you think, provides the reader with too little information to make an "informed decision" and, therefore, in your opinion, biasing the votes on the "yes" side - which actually goes against your opinion so you're crying foul. Ambiguity is a part of life also I'm afraid, and so is problem solving.

Noggin

See, you've just said you don't think it's financially viable. Therefore, under the question I've provided, you should probably tick no. You got there in the end. And I've realised why you're making such a fuss.

because you've told us to ignore the fact that we don't believe its not happening, the reason I believe it's not happening is because it's not financially viable, if it was happening then it probably was financially viable, you've also told us this stadium is viable, for it to be viable it must be financially viable, so do I ignore the fact I think it's not financially viable or not? everyone is answering a different question.

kg82

because you've told us to ignore the fact that we don't believe its not happening, the reason I believe it's not happening is because it's not financially viable, if it was happening then it probably was financially viable, you've also told us this stadium is viable, for it to be viable it must be financially viable, so do I ignore the fact I think it's not financially viable or not? everyone is answering a different question.

Erm, no I didn't! I've said this isn't for ranting, which was obviously a lost cause. Reading - another life skill

Noggin

Haha, for a forum poll?! Get real mate.

That's why I said not like it matters in this case, but I mean it, not knowing how to critically evaluate information could very easily mean you make many unnecessary bad decisions in your life.

You're miffed because the wording, you think, provides the reader with too little information to make an "informed decision" and, therefore, in your opinion, biasing the votes on the "yes" side - which actually goes against your opinion so you're crying foul. Ambiguity is a part of life also I'm afraid, and so is problem solving.

I give up, I actually think your question biases the votes much more strongly on the no side as I've already explained to you because 100% of people would be willing to move under the correct circumstances. I also had already explained to you that I didn't vote which wouldn't have been the case if I were secretly hoping that no would win out.:facepalm:

skybluelee

Have a look at the poll. I'd say people aren't convinced. It boils down to whether they also think the Ricoh is viable, whether they think wasps will move on at some point and if it's worth waiting it out. There you go, a couple of things for you to think about.

People 'aren't convinced' because the nature of the question is leading to skewed results.

For example, I think the reality is that iF any new stadium is built (which I don't by the way) it is likely to be a 15,000 tin shed affair near Rugby. On that basis I would want to stay at the Ricoh and try and thrash out the best possible deal for CCFC with Wasps with us as long-term tenants.

If by some miracle a new 30,000 seater stadium was given permission within the city boundaries that was being funded by a fan that had just won the Euromillions roll-over jackpot and didn't want anything in return, then I would want us to move tomorrow.

skybluelee

Exactly this.

kg82

Erm, no I didn't! I've said this isn't for ranting, which was obviously a lost cause. Reading - another life skill

Exactly this.

I'd also point out nowhere have I said it IS viable. I've asked the question IF. It's up to you to decide IF you think it is. If you don't, fair enough. If you do, fair enough. It's an internet football forum poll, maybe chill with the officious thing. It's informal. Orrr, you could make your own poll, with what you consider to be better wording. Like I've said, I'm not trying to get the results published in a business journal.

Nick

Administrator
I'd also point out nowhere have I said it IS viable. I've asked the question IF. It's up to you to decide IF you think it is. If you don't, fair enough. If you do, fair enough. It's an internet football forum poll, maybe chill with the officious thing. It's informal. Orrr, you could make your own poll, with what you consider to be better wording. Like I've said, I'm not trying to get the results published in a business journal.

I don't know how you sleep at night to be honest.

If this poll had been used for a CET article saying "Fans want to move from the Ricoh" then I could see the point of people picking the question.

torchomatic

It's amusing that when people say the stadium "will never be built" they always put in a low capacity and location for this stadium that "will never be built".

People 'aren't convinced' because the nature of the question is leading to skewed results.

For example, I think the reality is that iF any new stadium is built (which I don't by the way) it is likely to be a 15,000 tin shed affair near Rugby. On that basis I would want to stay at the Ricoh and try and thrash out the best possible deal for CCFC with Wasps with us as long-term tenants.

If by some miracle a new 30,000 seater stadium was given permission within the city boundaries that was being funded by a fan that had just won the Euromillions roll-over jackpot and didn't want anything in return, then I would want us to move tomorrow.

stevefloyd

There’s more chance of wasps going out of business than a new stadium being built .
Ohh it would be happy days then no more insects
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread