To Stay or Go (1 Viewer)

Would you like to see the club leave the Ricoh as long as there was a viable option?

• Yes

Votes: 80 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 53 39.8%

• Total voters

kg82

I literally just want to get an idea what percentage of people will say yes to leaving and how many will say no. For the benefit of those that like to rant that it will never happen, this isn't for that. It's a simple yes or no.

I'm firmly in the yes.

Grendel

Yes I would given the choice go

stupot07

I can't see a long term future (I.e 10-15yrs + time) renting from wasps with little access to revenues.

With a heavy heart. Yes (obviously depending how far away from cov, it is)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

Nope, but it's very hard to answer that question.

15 miles away could be viable. Wouldn't make it right.

It obviously all depends on the where.

skybluetony176

If you look at the question. Like I said, not a question of logistics or the finer details.

I've voted yes based on it being my definition of "viable".

As everyone's definition of "viable" is going to be different I'm guessing almost everyone is going to vote yes.

mrtrench

What does viable mean ?

capable of working successfully; feasible."the proposed investment was economically viable"
synonyms:workable, feasible, practicable, practical, applicable, usable, manageable, operable, operational, possible, within the bounds/realms of possibility, within reach, within reason, likely, achievable, attainable, accomplishable, realizable, reasonable, sensible, realistic, logical, useful, of use, serviceable, suitable, expedient, effective, valid, tenable

NorthernWisdom

capable of working successfully; feasible."the proposed investment was economically viable"
synonyms:workable, feasible, practicable, practical, applicable, usable, manageable, operable, operational, possible, within the bounds/realms of possibility, within reach, within reason, likely, achievable, attainable, accomplishable, realizable, reasonable, sensible, realistic, logical, useful, of use, serviceable, suitable, expedient, effective, valid, tenable

What does option mean?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Anywhere within the boundary of Coventry, absolutely . We haven't much to lose. In fact we haven't anything to lose courtesy of our owners.

ccfc92

i imagine, when they eventually change the seats, then charge us higher rent, then people will be a bit more flexible if its just outside the city (within 1-2 miles of the boundary).

Knock another 2,000 off then. As the Ricoh is too far for many apparently.

ccfc92

I voted No, as I believe there is no "viable" alternative outside Coventry City.

The further away you get from the city centre, the less viable it becomes. Also, I don't believe SISU's tinpot stadium will be viable, and we will be worse off (if possible) than before we left HR.

If there was a stadium within Coventry's boundary that's easily accessible, and I could see the viability, then I'd firmly be in the "Yes" camp.

RFC

Yes, I can. My definition of viable is in Coventry as anywhere else is probably going to make it unviable as it will most likely decimate the fan base. So go where?

Unfortunately CCC don't see it your way and will never ever grant planning permission (even if land was available, at the right price which it is not!) so
YES, YES, YES , YES, YES! Sooner the better! PUSB

ccfc92

Unfortunately CCC don't see it your way and will never ever grant planning permission (even if land was available, at the right price which it is not!) so
YES, YES, YES , YES, YES! Sooner the better! PUSB

What if CCFC bought into 50% of the Ricoh?

RFC

I voted No, as I believe there is no "viable" alternative outside Coventry City.

The further away you get from the city centre, the less viable it becomes. Also, I don't believe SISU's tinpot stadium will be viable, and we will be worse off (if possible) than before we left HR.

If there was a stadium within Coventry's boundary that's easily accessible, and I could see the viability, then I'd firmly be in the "Yes" camp.

Infrustuture roads, rail, car and public transport. Accessibility Ricoh never as easy as Highfield Road anyway. Could easily walk from town centre!

Moff

Yes, especially if I am tipped off of where, so I can buy some land and beat Italia to all the parking revenue ;)

ccfc92

Would not and will not ever work.

But a 15,000 seater in the countryside with minimal facilities, and more than likely 6,000 per week would work?

Oh, and the £30million build cost to pay back to SISU, plus rent to SISU.

Like I say, show me the viability, and I'll support it.

Otis

Wasps have already said there's no chance of that happening.

People say lots of things though don't they, to be fair.

CCC, ACL, Sisu.

Just because Wasps say something, that doesn't mean that won't happen either. Best take everything anyone says in this caper with a big pinch of salt.

chiefdave

For arguments sake....

Would depend on the details but if we assume a straight 50 / 50 share with CCFC receiving the revenues from all football at the Ricoh and Wasps getting the revenues from all rugby with everything else split evenly then it may be workable. The extra facilities at the Ricoh should mean additional revenue is generated which would offset the loss of 50% of non matchday revenue.

That of course ignores the issue of sharing with a team which has been moved, there is an argument to say if we agreed to a deal like that we are endorsing franchising.

Otis

People say lots of things though don't they, to be fair.

CCC, ACL, Sisu.

Just because Wasps say something, that doesn't mean that won't happen either. Best take everything anyone says in this caper with a big pinch of salt.

We haven't believed Sisu, we haven't believed ACL, we haven't believed the council, yet we are going to take what Wasps say as gospel?

Wasps say that won't happen, but yet they also said they wouldn't change the seating colour, yet a lot on here now believe they will. Words are just words. this is the business world and words are cheap.

stupot07

We haven't believed Sisu, we haven't believed ACL, we haven't believed the council, yet we are going to take what Wasps say as gospel?

Wasps say that won't happen, but yet they also said they wouldn't change the seating colour, yet a lot on here now believe they will. Words are just words. this is the business world and words are cheap.

So what's the answer then? Presume wasps are lying, sign a 100 year contract in the hope they might one day allow us to buy in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread