Title ambitions (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Not at all .we beat a physical Colchester side with ease.we just were not at the races today.no big deal.

We seem to be able to do it away from home, yet struggle at home against these types of sides e.g. Scunthorpe.

At home we've played 12 Won 3 Drew 5 Lost 4.

SkyBlueBee

I think we will be very close. The league is poor. Swindon will be up there. Notts county and brentford no chance.
Sheff utd are probably the favs

Just out of interest , why do you think Brentford don't have a chance? (not disagreeing just interested )

I personally think we will definitely be in the play-offs but I'm quietly confident of a top 2 finish.

Like most clubs in this division the Jan transfer window will make or break a season. If we hold on to Harry Forrester i will be really confident.

Otherwise it'll be like the last time we were in the top two positions (4years ago??) and the transfer window came , we subsequently lost DJ Campbell to "Premiership" Birmingham and we ended up in the play-offs losing to Swansea , the following year we were relegated :facepalm:

Mucca Mad Boys

We seem to be able to do it away from home, yet struggle at home against these types of sides e.g. Sc-unithorpe.

Pressure is probably what it's down to, I reckon 2 Ws v Tranmere, and Shrewsbury will get us going at home,

Grendel

Well at least it is the title now. You used to say that about the play offs

That is also highly unlikely unless we get it 100% right in the January sales.

stupot07

Another 41-42 points from the remaining 23 games are needed to get to the magic 72/73 point mark which the 6th place team has got the last 10 seasons or so. Still a hell of a lot to do.

And actually as we're already 12 points behind top, that would probably mean needing at least another 54-55 points from the remaining 23 games to win the title.

dongonzalos

Another 41-42 points from the remaining 23 games are needed to get to the magic 72/73 point mark which the 6th place team has got the last 10 seasons or so. Still a hell of a lot to do.

And actually as we're already 12 points behind top, that would probably mean needing at least another 54-55 points from the remaining 23 games to win the title.

Agree. Come on shitsu do your bit for the cause.....
Don't want any players minds wandering elsewhere

Otis

We seem to be able to do it away from home, yet struggle at home against these types of sides e.g. Scunthorpe.

Exactly. I am talking about us at home. Only won 3 of 12 league games. That is very, very poor form.

At home against physical pacy sides we struggle.

Home form has to addressed or we are going nowhere.

Mucca Mad Boys

Exactly. I am talking about us at home. Only won 3 of 12 league games. That is very, very poor form.

At home against physical pacy sides we struggle.

Home form has to addressed or we are going nowhere.

Agreed. tbf, a draw v PNE is disappointing but considering they are our bogey team, I'll take it. Hopefully we win in JPT and the away fixture.

nicksig

Some people took the piss and called me deluded when I started this thread. But with one of the best away records in the country and goals coming from across the squad are people starting to believe? Great win today and the next run of fixtures look a bit easier. Pusb!!!

Astute

Don't worry, I have been called deluded all season. I don't care. There will also be no need for the 'I told you so' as promotion is all I want.

This is a weak division. To me we have a mid table Championship side if we can krep hold of it. Add to it and anything is possible.

nicksig

Yes I'm not bothered about saying 'I told you so'. But sick and tired of all the negative posts all the time. We have a good manager at long last and the best squad in the division. We're scoring lots if goals and have a fantastic away record - for the first time in years. PUSB

covcity4life

When I did my predictor ppl to the piss but now they r v quiet

I had us finish 5th but flirt with autos BTW do its very much possible

nicksig

Deano - great look forward to that. Cc4me - if we can beat tranmere I think we can really push on and aim for the top of the table. Confidence is clearly high and at long last there is some spirit and fight in the team. Great to see shef wed lose at home to a club we stuck 5 past

Bigelvesy

I had £10 on us to go up @ 16/1 and £5 on us to go up @ 66/1 just after the battering by shrewsbury. I dont know why, just liked the long odds rather than believed we'd come back from the start we had.
But i fully believe that the play offs and maybe more is on now.
Cannot wait to be at the ricoh on tuesday, hopefully we can start to replicate our away form now!!!

nicksig

Lets hope we can all make some cash as well as celebrate a great run of form. I've got 50 quid on us winning the title and 50 on top 6. Took the second one out at around the same time as you at 10-1. I'm kicking myself for not taking 10-1 also on us being the top midlands club

Jacko

Lads i had a 10 pound league and johnston paint double after the doncaster game 56-1 League (weird odds i know) and 9/2 Johnstons paint.. Just under 3k return!! :D A decent transfer window in jan and we could be onto a winner

Users who are viewing this thread