Title ambitions (1 Viewer)

nicksig

With Swindon hammering tranmere 5 nil last night we could be only 8 points off the top if we win today. A few tough games ahead but then quite an easy looking run if we can keep 2 or 3 of our loan players. Personally I think DMG will be gone but still think we can mount a serious charge. PUSB

Astute

Are you trying to take the title of deluded off me?

Astute

We will get promoted this season and next, then Liverpool will buy McG off us for 10m

nicksig

Say what you want but Robbins has got us playing some excellent football and clearly has his head screwed on when it comes to loan signing. We are the form team and can beat anyone in this league as we showed last Saturday at donny. I think we are going to challenge at the top

Sky Blues

With Swindon hammering tranmere 5 nil last night we could be only 8 points off the top if we win today. A few tough games ahead but then quite an easy looking run if we can keep 2 or 3 of our loan players. Personally I think DMG will be gone but still think we can mount a serious charge. PUSB

I don't know what optimism pills you're on, but I don't mind if you share them around. :D After taking one, I would predict we'll win the FA Cup. Then the pill will wear off and I'll come back to earth with a bump because UEFA excluded us from playing in Europe next season as somebody forgot to pay the rent... :whistle:

Otis

Losing DMC will be a massive blow and let's not get ahead of ourselves. We could quite easily lose the next 3 matches.

As I keep saying, let's see where we are in Jan. If we are still close and have kept DMC or brought in an adequate replacement.

skybluesteve76

I agree. So who is going to win it? Shef utd are nothing special. Notts county are fading. Swindon look good but we led 2 nil there until fleck got injured. All to play for

I think we will be very close. The league is poor. Swindon will be up there. Notts county and brentford no chance.
Sheff utd are probably the favs

stupot07

Losing DMC will be a massive blow and let's not get ahead of ourselves. We could quite easily lose the next 3 matches.

As I keep saying, let's see where we are in Jan. If we are still close and have kept DMC or brought in an adequate replacement.

Yep, Jan is key and securing DMC, Bailey and Adams or getting adequate replacements in is essential.

Jan is also an opportunity for other teams to strengthen too.

Grendel

1 draw isn't the end of our title hopes. If we can get 3-4pts from next 2 games we ahud win a lot in january

We have no chance of winning the title.

Otis

Preston were much, much better than us. Too many times this season we have struggled against this type of physically strong, pacy team.

Really cannot see this title stuff at all. We need to be 100% better when we play Preston in the JPT otherwise we are going to lose that one.

Two very, very tough games up next. Stevenage and MK. Two draws would be excellent. Do fear we may lose both though. Both very tough teams and MK especially so.

We get 2 draws out of those and then beat Shrewsbury and it will be a great return.

Evans020

Preston were much, much better than us. Too many times this season we have struggled against this type of physically strong, pacy team.

Really cannot see this title stuff at all. We need to be 100% better when we play Preston in the JPT otherwise we are going to lose that one.

Two very, very tough games up next. Stevenage and MK. Two draws would be excellent. Do fear we may lose both though. Both very tough teams and MK especially so.

We get 2 draws out of those and then beat Shrewsbury and it will be a great return.
You don't just think we had a bad day at the office,

Otis

You don't just think we had a bad day at the office,

No I don't. We had no answer to their game. Much more than just a bad day at the office for me.

Reckon we could play against them again on Tuesday and it would play out exactly the same way.

SkyBlue_Bear83

In fairness Preston have drew 6 out of the last 10 games, they are a very competitive team and any win against them for any team in the division is going to be a hard fought scrap for 95 minutes

Otis

Of course I have faith in Robins.

He can only field the players from the squad he's got.

Preston are very, very physical. Who could we deploy to counter that in midfield? Fleck? Nope. Not strong enough. Moussa, Barton? Nope. Neither strong enough. Thomas? Nope. Baker? Nope.

Fact is we only have Jennings and Bailey who have any physicality about them and they were both second best today.

We don't have anyone we can bring in to counter that physicality that Preston possess.

If Robins could pull a rabbit out of the hat then great, but he can only pick from the squad he has and we struggle against this big physical, pacy sides.

Nowt to do with my faith in Robins. Trust the bloke 100%.

Evans020

Of course I have faith in Robins.

He can only field the players from the squad he's got.

Preston are very, very physical. Who could we deploy to counter that in midfield? Fleck? Nope. Not strong enough. Moussa, Barton? Nope. Neither strong enough. Thomas? Nope. Baker? Nope.

Fact is we only have Jennings and Bailey who have any physicality about them and they were both second best today.

We don't have anyone we can bring in to counter that physicality that Preston possess.

If Robins could pull a rabbit out of the hat then great, but he can only pick from the squad he has and we struggle against this big physical, pacy sides.

Nowt to do with my faith in Robins. Trust the bloke 100%.
Not at all .we beat a physical Colchester side with ease.we just were not at the races today.no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread