Time to wake up and smell the coffee (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Some seemingly are!

May just be the same people though, win one game play-offs here we come, lose one, sack the manager! ;)

I am happy to give him another transfer window. Why? Because our situation is a complex one. I just wish you had the balls to say you want him sacked now, rather than tip toe around apologetically. All your posts 're recently have said it without actually saying it.

Rusty Trombone

Disagree with that RT.

A team in 6th place can be 6 points clear of 7th going into the last game.

For the team in 7th it doesn't matter so much if they win they last match, because they can't catch the team in 6th.

Sometimes when you are out of the picture the last game or so can be a case of taking your foot off the peddle.

You can stick to your way of thinking if you wish, but no team has ever finished in 6th place on 66 points, or 67 points or 68 points.

The lowest total to reach 6th place is 69 points and that is the minimum we need to go for.

Your thinking is out of the box thinking, but that just does not work for me.

TM said we need 7 wins. That would be 73 points and should be enough. Much prefer his reasoning than yours to be honest.

;)

Last season Bradford finished 7th and couldn't catch 6th by the time the last game of the season was played, they won away.

6th place got 69, as it turned out they didn't need that many.

My suggestion is an indicator of points required, not the only one, just a more positive one for us in our situation, and I believe a better one. Others may disagree, and that's fine.

If TM is aiming for 73 that is good with me.

wince

Just need to treat Saturday as a one off , if we were offered win at blackpool and we are in the play offs , we would all take it, go there players and fans and give it our all , don't look any further than that . No point looking at anything else or any other way, its the only thing we can effect need to get mentally strong

Paxman II

I hate Blackpool! I'm going to be there though. Sort of worse luck but a good luck thing to see my team as I'm visiting the in-laws in Lytham.
A few seasons back we got thumped there when coleman was in charge and were clueless. We owe them one and I demand a result to shout about!

Otis

I am happy to give him another transfer window. Why? Because our situation is a complex one. I just wish you had the balls to say you want him sacked now, rather than tip toe around apologetically. All your posts 're recently have said it without actually saying it.
Sorry, but that is complete bollocks, Hobo.

I will say now quite clearly and categorically, I don't want him sacked.

I just want him to halt the slide. If we keep on losing and losing, THEN I will want him sacked.

I have been steadfastly clear all down the line. I have really rated the bloke all season. It was after Fleetwood that I thought we were in real trouble, but I have never wanted him sacked.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've been saying for bloody ages that Mowbray should go. He just won't change anything. Biggest fuck up he made was signing the waste of space named Cole. I thought he was brought in to gee the team up? Get rid of him and get someone in that knows what the fuck they're doing!

Rusty Trombone

I've been saying for bloody ages that Mowbray should go. He just won't change anything. Biggest fuck up he made was signing the waste of space named Cole. I thought he was brought in to gee the team up? Get rid of him and get someone in that knows what the fuck they're doing!

This has been the most enjoyable season for years, and this is down to Mowbray, some of the football we've played has been perfection. Got to give him chance to turn it around.

Last edited:

Otis

Two things that have bothered me, Houch, that of not changing tact and also the concern of two similar slumps with Middlesborough.

I've not complained about his signings, be it Cole or Hunt on Henderson. Been okay about all of them.

I do wish he would drop Ricketts, but then understand why he hasn't with him being captain.

I really like the bloke and think he talks a lot of sense and he wants to play football the right way.

Sounds like we did change things a bit at Shrewsbury by all accounts, so fair play to him for that.

Now just want him to halt the slide so it doesn't become a third occasion.

Otis

This has been the most enjoyable season for years, and this is down to Mowbray, some of the football we've played has been perfection. Got to give him chance to turn it around.
It WAS the most enjoyable season. The last month has been thoroughly depressing (Bury excepted).

Hated the Scunthorpe game and hated the Fleetwood game and the Rochdale game too. 3 home defeats in the last 4 games.

That has been very disheartening and we have been very, very poor.

I really hope we do turn things round, otherwise for me it is going to go from the most enjoyable for many a year to one of the very most painful.

Covstu

It WAS the most enjoyable season. The last month has been thoroughly depressing (Bury excepted).

Hated the Scunthorpe game and hated the Fleetwood game and the Rochdale game too. 3 home defeats in the last 4 games.

I really hope we do turn things round, otherwise for me it is going to go from the most enjoyable for many a year to one of the very most painful.
But if we win the next three then the world is sunny and happy again. That's football bud

Otis

But if we win the next three then the world is sunny and happy again. That's football bud
It is indeed.

I am now if the opinion though that, that is not going to happen. We have lost 7 out of the last 10 and 4 in a row and only won 3 times in 17 games.

I honestly cannot see any 3 wins on the bounce. I am very optimistic and always a half glass full person, but we're not playing well, not scoring enough, letting in silly goals and on a dreadful run.

I just cannot see 3 wins on the bounce. I simply cannot see it happening.

I can't see teams having sussed us out, suddenly stopping sussing us out.

Rusty Trombone

The last games under Pressley would rank as thoroughly depressing for me, I'm nowhere near that feeling at the moment. If season tickets were renewable now I'd be straight up for the 4 hour queue (admittedly this means there's only 6 other people in the queue).

I don't think we were that bad against Rochdale, could just as easily have won, and sounded more promising last night. Blackpool are on a bad run, this game will be very telling, but TM has plenty of credit left with me.

Otis

For me he needs to throw a few more curve balls and get us supporting Armstrong more.

He changes things, we have a chance. Stay on the same path, I think the slump will go on and on.

stupot07

For me he needs to throw a few more curve balls and get us supporting Armstrong more.

He changes things, we have a chance. Stay on the same path, I think the slump will go on and on.

The lack of men in the box when the balls out wide is very poor and has been all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

And we weren't that bad against Rochdale, no, but it was still depressing and we lacked energy and invention and a cutting edge and seeing Armstrong all by himself on three occasions, in the penalty box all by himself with no support, at home, I just found head shakingly bizarre and clueless.

There was none of the buzz and excitement and great interplay of earlier in the season.

So, for all those reasons, yep, I hated the game.

Gazolba

The only relevant thing to finishing 6th is how many points 7th got. It's an indicator, not an argument based on changing results.
Rubbish. The number of points the 7th team got is the sum total from all their games. You can't just hypothetically add one point to their total without hypothetically affecting the result of every other game. The only relevant indicator of the points needed to make the play-offs is the actual points needed in the past. Your argument is that the hypothetical is more accurate than the actual.

Last edited:

Rusty Trombone

Rubbish. The number of points the 7th team got is the sum total from all their games. You can't just hypothetically add one point to their total without hypothetically affecting the result of every other game. The only relevant indicator of the points needed to make the play-offs is the actual points needed in the past. Your argument is that the hypothetical is more accurate than the actual.

That's not my argument at all.

Chesterfield got a draw in their final game of last season, they finished 6th on 69 points, 5 points ahead of 7th. They did not need that point, that's not hypothetical, it is a fact.

fellatio_Martinez

Who wakes up to the smell of coffee? Lets get real. The first thing most of us smell of a morn is the lingering stench of stale alcohol and piss.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread