Time to confront Hoffman and Elliott (1 Viewer)

It's only my opinion, but some people are bang out of order on here.

We have someone who is a lifelong city fan, who (allegedly) wants to get the club back on track, and all we hear is aggression from some quarters, demanding that he openly states his hand, and how he intends to play it!

Are some people clueless about how to conduct business deals? Do they want potential investors to waste money on ridding the club of Sisu? Would you tell a car salesman how much money you have in the bank, and how much you are prepared to pay, and when?

If you are so self-assured and righteous about your contribution to ccfc, whilst bemoaning the efforts of others to construct a deal, where is your £40million?

And where is Hoffman's?

Business deals to time to conduct. It is not a simple case of here is £30m and the deal is done. There are likely some serious negotiations going on regarding not only the purchase but also the debt owed to SISU investment funds.

And whilst £30m may be chicken feed to a billionaire, doesn't mean they will piss it away on a whim. People are generally rich for a reason ie they are good with their money and consider what they are spending on.

I suggest instead of getting on Hoffmans back we allow him to try and do what we all hope he can do and buy out SISU.

Harrying him will not speed up a negotiation process but might just annoy the hell out of investors....

If it happens it happens but we can do nothing in this respect.

We are "harrying" him because Keys keep tweeting rubbish suggesting the bid is imminent, sit tight...oh no...backtrack...takes a little time. If Keys shut up then the "harrying" would subside.

Jim

We are "harrying" him because Keys keep tweeting rubbish suggesting the bid is imminent, sit tight...oh no...backtrack...takes a little time. If Keys shut up then the "harrying" would subside.

Then go and speak to Keys then and leave Hoffman to sort the deal.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
, but the fans, most of whom don't post on websites are concerned about their club and it is their club by the way.

Morally maybe and if the fans do not turn up then there is a big hole in finances on that I would not disagree. But any other way you look at it then the club doesnt belong to the" fans in general" at all,and never has. It remains in the ownership of grey suits currently or the past play thing of a select few fans who used and abused that ownership. If it belonged to the fans we would have a proper voice in what happens to the club and we do not. Most fans don't really care about actually owning the club so long as it is successful on the pitch. Had the team been even moderately successful, say mid table safety/obscurity then the voices and protests against SISU would not have been so loud or as strong.

We can all comfort ourselves that the club is morally "ours" but the reality and legality says it is not, how it operates and rides rough shod over the fans for decades says it is not, our lack of any consultation or involvement says it is not. Yes Sconset managed by SISU are the custodians and will sell to the next small number of custodians in time but we will never own it unless there is definite change of structure and i see no evidence of that happening.

So whilst I agree the moral point ER the reality is something different.

Last edited:

ICHAN

Some say that Hoffman is telling Keys what to do? People who believe that really need to understand that Keys has a lot of air time to fill. From what Eakin said, sounds like Keys had no such permission to go blabbering. So therefore, why has Hoffman got a case to answer? For what..not reigning in his bitch?

I and some others said when the keys tweeting started that it is wrong and any takeover talks should be done in private and were ridiculed for saying so and that keys tweeting was a good thing by some people, and that he must be doing it with hoffs approval, I thought Eakin only said Keys has nothing to do with the takeover.
I don't agree with confronting him as that is not the way to do it, but feel he needs to say something as if he did give keys permission then he will have bought it on himself why should he have it both ways, if he did not give keys permission to say what he said then surely he would have said so.

Whoever gave keys permission for keys to start blabbering and giving false hope that something was days away and the rest of what was said only got fans hopes up, he or whoever started this, why should they not answer some questions now?

skyblueinBaku

Why doesn't jan contact keys and get him to see if hoff will meet up with fans to discuss how we may help each other?
I thought that too, LL. Who knows? Maybe the Hoff will say 'keep tightening the screw' or 'please stop, you are hindering our efforts' or anything between those two extremes. It would certainly do no harm to see if co-ordinated efforts would help.

Sterling Archer

Richard Keys really hasn't helped matters either. Getting fans hopes up. Tweeting he isn't allowed to say anything, then tweeting about it 3 more times in the space of an hour.

Like I said, this kind of stupidity or ego-boosting ends up getting fans hopes up which results in stupidity and overreaction when nothing does happen.

Jojar Dhinsa to put a bid in for the club at the 11th hour to gazump Hoffman. You heard it here first.

CCFC123

THERE IS NO BID! It would of happened by now. Expect it to come out late next week that Hoffman will review it again at the end of the season when he can get it for a £1.

Nonleagueherewecome

Really wish people would understand it isnt about valueing the shares in CCFC or its holding companies. Whichever way you look at it £1 is more than enough.

The deal if there is one is stalling on the amount to be repaid on the loans and how, it has nothing to do with a value for the shares. Heard Linnell blabbering on about how much did people feel the club was worth and why SISU thought it was worth more - completely misunderstands what is going on.

I also think "confronting" anyone over this is the wrong way to proceed - it is more likely to drive investors away. People comment about idle chat here driving investors away and then it gets suggested we "confront" potential investors or their representatives :facepalm: This is not a simple deal and SISU are very used to complex & difficult negotiations - they are not the sort to roll over easily, they built their reputation elsewhere on that.

Yes we need to see transparency but ...... when there is something to be transparent about ! GH says he is trying to broker a deal ............. there is little more he can or should tell us

Spot on, OSB!

J

Jack Griffin

The deal if there is one is stalling on the amount to be repaid on the loans and how, it has nothing to do with a value for the shares.

<snip>

Yes we need to see transparency but ...... when there is something to be transparent about ! GH says he is trying to broker a deal ............. there is little more he can or should tell us

Yeah, and the repayment terms, is it deferred till the club achieve certain milestones like promotion etc.

Agreed GH has to keep his cards close to his chest during negotiations, but after a deal is done I'd like a lot more openness & honestly, not the same old bullshit.. though what I'd like & what I get are usually 2 different things ;-(

davebart

If it wasn't for certain people saying that a deal is imminent then fans would have no reason to get hopeful about it. I presume the leak of information is to encourage protests against the current board. I think it is called PR.

As alluded to elsewhere it would be beneficial for anyone taking over to do so in the summer.

shmmeee

Why in the summer and not January?

Because if you are totally honest about it it's a better time to buy.

Even with massive investment this season we're not likely to stay up, at the best it's a gamble.

Take over in the summer and for (probably) less cash than it'd cost to save us this season you get a successful promotion season, with all the benefits (bigger crowds, momentum going into the next season) that the likes of Leeds, Forest, Leicester, Soton, Norwich, etc. have enjoyed.

Also, if (when) we go down you don't get tarnished as a failure in the first six months. Instead all the bad press goes to the old owners and you are the saviour.

CCFC123

I dont believe now there is any bid. My faith has all but gone now and expect us to go into admin come May. Any takover would of happened by now and Keys has quiet since the new year.

kingharvest

Its not as simple as saying any potential takeover would have happened by now. Why would it? Whats in it for long term investors to buy now? Whats it worth to SISU to sell now?

THis is a complex situation and it will take time, particularly when you have very hard-nosed individuals leading the negotiations.

It WILL happen, but it will take time. It might even take administration to force it through. Stop panicking, get behind the team and wait it out...

cloughie

Agree KingHarvest, the reality is that if there are talks going on behind the scenes and I say if, yet I believe they are happening, it will be a case of what do you want , this is what we are offering. Then talking about meeting somewhere in the middle ground . Once they come to an agreement then Sisu will ask it to be made formal and put in writing.

Then and only then will there be a bid on the table !

CCFC123

Its not as simple as saying any potential takeover would have happened by now. Why would it? Whats in it for long term investors to buy now? Whats it worth to SISU to sell now?

THis is a complex situation and it will take time, particularly when you have very hard-nosed individuals leading the negotiations.

It WILL happen, but it will take time. It might even take administration to force it through. Stop panicking, get behind the team and wait it out...

Panicking? I'm stating my opinion that there is no bid for the club....not panicking.

Nonleagueherewecome

Don't panic!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread