Time to confront Hoffman and Elliott (1 Viewer)

EleanorRigby

Most are agreed sisu have to go and today was a decent start to the sisu out campaign, however there are others in this loop and that is Gary Hoffman, Joe Elliott and maybe one or two more. These 2 need confronting now on their intentions for OUR clubs future, no good sitting back while the "small" guys protest, Joe (a member of about 4 different boards by the way) with another of his ticking clocks and GH with a so called £1 bid and then withgrawing it, his mate Richard Keys with a tweet here and a tweet there. The Save Our City group must put Hoffman and Elliott on their hitlist and doorstep them if needs be to find out straight from them their intentions.

Grendel

Most are agreed sisu have to go and today was a decent start to the sisu out campaign, however there are others in this loop and that is Gary Hoffman, Joe Elliott and maybe one or two more. These 2 need confronting now on their intentions for OUR clubs future, no good sitting back while the "small" guys protest, Joe (a member of about 4 different boards by the way) with another of his ticking clocks and GH with a so called £1 bid and then withgrawing it, his mate Richard Keys with a tweet here and a tweet there. The Save Our City group must put Hoffman and Elliott on their hitlist and doorstep them if needs be to find out straight from them their intentions.

Time to face reality more like. Smug, smugger and smugger still (Ranson) are doing nothing but sabre rattling. Keys involvement has helped to raise expectations and encourage the protest. Has it not occured to you the billionaire is probably a thousandaire and wants administration rather than a buy out? Obvious to me all along.

CCFC123

I would forget about the Hoffman bid. It would of happened by now if they had wanted it to. I think that the save our city group would be better off trying to (through CCFC contacts) looking at attracting a buy out of the club. SISU dont have a plan or can attract investment and appear simply useless. Lets do it ourselves and get them removed by looking for a buyer....

Can city supporters attract the right investment?

EleanorRigby

Time to face reality more like. Smug, smugger and smugger still (Ranson) are doing nothing but sabre rattling. Keys involvement has helped to raise expectations and encourage the protest. Has it not occured to you the billionaire is probably a thousandaire and wants administration rather than a buy out? Obvious to me all along.
Maybe but the ones with an answer to that are those linked to any buy out i would think.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes, confront them, why not bring weapons? I'm sure they have no idea what they are doing and making them "fess up" any plans in public won't be in the slight bit counter-productive, oh no.

Grendel

Yes, confront them, why not bring weapons? I'm sure they have no idea what they are doing and making them "fess up" any plans in public won't be in the slight bit counter-productive, oh no.

Plans do not take 6 months -- funds are in place or they are not

Nonleagueherewecome

Things as complicated as this are rarely so black and white.

ICHAN

One of the guest on IPlayer the other week was saying a similar thing that their are rich people around the area and maybe some of these should be approached but then again thats why their rich they do not throw money down the drain into a football club.

ICHAN

Thing is NLHWC how did Keys tweeting help?(not saying you said it did as have not gone through your posts and would believe you if you say you never did)
If he had said nothing non of this would be being talked about, yet some say he was doing it on hoffs say so, so if that is the case then he needs to say something.

Grendel

Dead on. £30m worst case for a billionare is chicken feed. If the funds were in place it would of happened by now.

There is no money. Elliot and Ranson want administration then they can come in as saviours with Hoffman as chairman.

torchomatic

Yes, I thought "confront" was a strange word to use there.

Otis

con·front/kənˈfrənt/

Verb:
Meet (someone) face to face with hostile or argumentative intent.
Face up to and deal with (a problem or difficult situation)

The 1st time you and I agree:claping hands:

BurbageSkyBlues

It's only my opinion, but some people are bang out of order on here.

We have someone who is a lifelong city fan, who (allegedly) wants to get the club back on track, and all we hear is aggression from some quarters, demanding that he openly states his hand, and how he intends to play it!

Are some people clueless about how to conduct business deals? Do they want potential investors to waste money on ridding the club of Sisu? Would you tell a car salesman how much money you have in the bank, and how much you are prepared to pay, and when?

If you are so self-assured and righteous about your contribution to ccfc, whilst bemoaning the efforts of others to construct a deal, where is your £40million?

hackneyfox

Surely if Hoffman really had a backer with large sums of money it would have happened by now?
If I was in their position and had enough funds to buy the club and ground I would have ensured it happened prior to the January transfer window.
Why would you wait and watch the club 'you want to save' get relegated.
You can spend millions on players and sign high profile managers, it won't guarantee promotion, as a Leicester fan I'm all too aware of that.
You get relegated and they have to get you promoted twice before hitting the gold mine of the premier.

Hoffman probably does want to take you over, he's a fan after all, but I don't believe he has backers with large funds.

Just my opinion.

It's only my opinion, but some people are bang out of order on here.

We have someone who is a lifelong city fan, who (allegedly) wants to get the club back on track, and all we hear is aggression from some quarters, demanding that he openly states his hand, and how he intends to play it!

Are some people clueless about how to conduct business deals? Do they want potential investors to waste money on ridding the club of Sisu? Would you tell a car salesman how much money you have in the bank, and how much you are prepared to pay, and when?

If you are so self-assured and righteous about your contribution to ccfc, whilst bemoaning the efforts of others to construct a deal, where is your £40million?

Quite. We're lucky enough to have anyone interested in taking the club on.

As I said before, it confuses me how the people that say "who the hell would want to buy us?" are also the same that criticise Hoffman's consortium for not chucking their money at the problem. I can only imagine how difficult it is to convince people to invest in CCFC.

Jim

Surely if Hoffman really had a backer with large sums of money it would have happened by now?
If I was in their position and had enough funds to buy the club and ground I would have ensured it happened prior to the January transfer window.
You can spend millions on players and sign high profile managers, it won't guarantee promotion, as a Leicester fan I'm all too aware of that.
You get relegated and they have to get you promoted twice before hitting the gold mine of the premier.

Hoffman probably does want to take you over, he's a fan after all, but I don't believe he has backers with large funds.

Just my opinion.

Business deals to time to conduct. It is not a simple case of here is £30m and the deal is done. There are likely some serious negotiations going on regarding not only the purchase but also the debt owed to SISU investment funds.

And whilst £30m may be chicken feed to a billionaire, doesn't mean they will piss it away on a whim. People are generally rich for a reason ie they are good with their money and consider what they are spending on.

I suggest instead of getting on Hoffmans back we allow him to try and do what we all hope he can do and buy out SISU.

Harrying him will not speed up a negotiation process but might just annoy the hell out of investors....

If it happens it happens but we can do nothing in this respect.

CCFC123

Business deals to time to conduct. It is not a simple case of here is £30m and the deal is done. There are likely some serious negotiations going on regarding not only the purchase but also the debt owed to SISU investment funds.

And whilst £30m may be chicken feed to a billionaire, doesn't mean they will piss it away on a whim. People are generally rich for a reason ie they are good with their money and consider what they are spending on.

I suggest instead of getting on Hoffmans back we allow him to try and do what we all hope he can do and buy out SISU.

Harrying him will not speed up a negotiation process but might just annoy the hell out of investors....

If it happens it happens but we can do nothing in this respect.

Thanks for the bollocking. Everyone get to bed NOW!

Spagbol

Last week there was a lot of "RUMOURS" flying around.....CWR were hinting at good news on the horizon, I heard alot of, "if you knew what I know you would get excited too" and Thorn saying he is a lot happier after what he heard......................

and this week AT sounds more pissed off than me.:confused:

What did they hear??

BurbageSkyBlues

If you estimate that the players we have are worth,say £5M, and Sisu want £20M to bugger off, then it's a no brainer.

They would be better off waiting, because Sisu have no intention of investing in players, they are simply serving the losses by selling players. We are (most likely) going to be relegated, so next year's income will be significantly lower than now. Very soon, there will be no assets to sell to offset the operating losses. When that tipping point is reached, what will sisu do? Their intended safety net was the ricoh, but that is not going to be in their hands, thankfully.

If there is no investment, we will not get off this downward spiral. There is no certainty of success, admittedly, but the club needs investment, and every penny will count, so why declare your capability to a hedge fund that wants to recover as much as possible?

I use this figure as an example, not as a sum that is on the table, but why pay £15M for something you could get for £5m, if you only have £30m to play with? We do not know the wealth of any potential backers, indeed if there are even any at all. At the moment , it is all rumour and supposition, which makes the vitriol (towards Hoffman, Keys, etc) as rather unjustifiable.

We can only wait and hope, but fair play to those who are trying to do something about it, publicly or privately, and within whatever means they have at their disposal, whether they be bankers or be cleaners - we are all Sky Blue at heart,

Love you all, really!

shmmeee

Just my opinion.

Fair question.

The only reasoning I could think of is that it's easier to have a successful first season and get some goodwill through a promotion from L1 than invest the same in this division and possibly not get anywhere.

Also, buy the club now and even of you put £5-10m in you might still get relegated and you have that bad feeling towards you. Take over after we're down and you come in a the white knight.

Initial investment is less, some of the deadwood is gone and you have a clean slate.

Not saying I agree but it's a fair argument. Also how many clubs have had an excellent first season back, some even get promoted first season back.

To OP: I think a more productive strategy would be for SOC to position themselves in the right place to influence any new owners to ensure a good relationship from the start.

J

Jack Griffin

Confront, that is the wrong attitude to show to someone trying to bring investment to our ailing club!

I think the cost to risk ratio of steering the club away from relegation may be getting too great for Hoff's consortium to bear. Let's face it, it will be more cost effective and better PR to let SISU take the blame for relegation, sort out a deal in the summer then spend relatively little to get back to the Championship, though it is still a risk, but football is a risky and cost intensive venture.

* Cross posted with shmee above, looks like we sort of agree..

CCFC123

If I had a limited amount money to invest I would wait til the end of the season and wait to get the club for the £1 and invest the rest into buying the Ricoh. Buying the Ricoh improves are cash income and that can be invested into the playing side and improved gates.

However, i've stated before if a billionare is out there £30m is 'nothing' so why wait to bid.

Nothing has happened and wont till May.

Changeyourface

Hoffman and Elliot will just say the deal will be done "within the next couple of weeks" which is what they've said to me at games since the start of the season. Full of shit the both of them.

CCFC123

Hoffman and Elliot will just say the deal will be done "within the next couple of weeks" which is what they've said to me at games since the start of the season. Full of shit the both of them.

we should just move on now and look for a crediable invester if that is true.

Nonleagueherewecome

Thing is NLHWC how did Keys tweeting help?(not saying you said it did as have not gone through your posts and would believe you if you say you never did)
If he had said nothing non of this would be being talked about, yet some say he was doing it on hoffs say so, so if that is the case then he needs to say something.

Some say that Hoffman is telling Keys what to do? People who believe that really need to understand that Keys has a lot of air time to fill. From what Eakin said, sounds like Keys had no such permission to go blabbering. So therefore, why has Hoffman got a case to answer? For what..not reigning in his bitch?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Really wish people would understand it isnt about valueing the shares in CCFC or its holding companies. Whichever way you look at it £1 is more than enough.

The deal if there is one is stalling on the amount to be repaid on the loans and how, it has nothing to do with a value for the shares. Heard Linnell blabbering on about how much did people feel the club was worth and why SISU thought it was worth more - completely misunderstands what is going on.

I also think "confronting" anyone over this is the wrong way to proceed - it is more likely to drive investors away. People comment about idle chat here driving investors away and then it gets suggested we "confront" potential investors or their representatives :facepalm: This is not a simple deal and SISU are very used to complex & difficult negotiations - they are not the sort to roll over easily, they built their reputation elsewhere on that.

Yes we need to see transparency but ...... when there is something to be transparent about ! GH says he is trying to broker a deal ............. there is little more he can or should tell us

EleanorRigby

Perhaps "confront" is harsh but at this moment in time it appears Gary Hoffman and whoever his backers are, are the only show in town and Mr Elliott has been on atleast 4 previous boards either as an associate director or director and is rightfully known locally as Mr Coventry and was ecstatic at the time sisu took over. I don't dismiss his intentions at all and obviously he can't say all, but the fans, most of whom don't post on websites are concerned about their club and it is their club by the way.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Well said OSB, people on this and other threads need to keep their powder dry. I do believe their is a bid on the table and both partys are negotiating on the finer points. Mike Maylon who reports for the Telegraph, who is a respected footballing journo, even though the paper he reports for sits on the fence was blogging while the match was on yesterday The bid is for 12 million for the club and its assets and the sticking point is the baloon payment if we reach the holy ground of the premiership, I cant copy and paste it but it is their for all to read. The general message is, wind your necks in and wait for things to progress, the press and media in general would not be saying things like this if nothing was on the horizon. PUSB

EleanorRigby

Well said OSB, people on this and other threads need to keep their powder dry. I do believe their is a bid on the table and both partys are negotiating on the finer points. Mike Maylon who reports for the Telegraph, who is a respected footballing journo, even though the paper he reports for sits on the fence was blogging while the match was on yesterday The bid is for 12 million for the club and its assets and the sticking point is the baloon payment if we reach the holy ground of the premiership, I cant copy and paste it but it is their for all to read. The general message is, wind your necks in and wait for things to progress, the press and media in general would not be saying things like this if nothing was on the horizon. PUSB
Thanks for that post and lets hope you are correct. Football fans of which i'm one do become impatient and concerned about their club and panic that's natural. But it can be a concern when a trusted city fan like "our" Joe has another ticking clock, i'm sure he's genuine and maybe was taken in by sisu promises in his desperation to save his and our club 4 years ago, i just hope history isn't repeating itself.

Users who are viewing this thread