Tim said we are moving to rugby (2 Viewers)

skyblue025

Can see it now. We move to Rugby, JR3 is launched, Wasps last 3 or 4 years, go bankrupt, sell the Ricoh to the highest bidder which is a developer, it's knocked down and becomes a housing estate. Meanwhile the City are in Rugby..........

CanadianCCFC

Someone brings the legals forward, SISU are told to fucking pack it in as they haven't got a solid case, the EFL find them unfit owners and fuck them off, the club is sold and the new owners strike a deal with our landlords to stay in Cov ?!
1. Do you think someone telling them to pack it in is going to change their course of action?
2. They haven’t broken any laws and therefore aren’t unfit owners according to the EFL.
3. The club isn’t going to be sold in time to get a ground deal for next season.

CanadianCCFC

Can see it now. We move to Rugby, JR3 is launched, Wasps last 3 or 4 years, go bankrupt, sell the Ricoh to the highest bidder which is a developer, it's knocked down and becomes a housing estate. Meanwhile the City are in Rugby..........
Rugby is a backup in case we can’t get a Ricoh deal. In which case you should say meanwhile the city exist. Meanwhile the city aren’t liquidated.

CCFC54321

Wasps failure to qualify for Europe will do them more financial damage than City leaving.
But, put the two together and add falling attendances, and you start to see a financial shit show developing.... Shame.
CCFC leaving isn’t going to help wasps one bit financially. Wasps are right in the shit financialy with no way in paying it back. Gates dropping, no European rugby next season, senior players leaving and being replaced with foreign imports that won’t settle indicate its going south fast.

My opinion is SISU will hold out until wasps go under in a couple or three years. And it is heading that way isn’t it?

Magwitch

Playing at Rugby:
When and how do we get back that’s the important question, surely the only question. IF there is land somewhere in Cov it would surely be identified by now.

So let’s talk Rugby Towns ground realistically, yes it’s nearer than last time, Sixfields, easier to get to from most of Coventry, good train service too, not so sure about night matches though. But as has been pointed out Butlin Road is not fit at the moment for EFL standards OR security. Erecting temporary stand/stands would require planning permission and there’s just one road in been once years ago so can’t remember the housing situation, I would think anyone living nearby would object to the whole concept. Any Rugby based fans out there who could let us know.
Trouble is we need answers in just over a week and then again by April 26th and we are very nearly up the creek without a paddle. Desperation starting to creep in now.

Last edited:

Rodders1

Playing at Rugby:
When and how do we get back that’s the important question, surely the only question. IF there is land somewhere in Cov it would surely be identified by now.

So let’s talk Rugby Towns ground realistically, yes it’s nearer than last time, Sixfields, easier to get to from most of Coventry, good train service too, not so sure about night matches though. But as has been pointed out Butlin Road is not fit at the moment for EFL standards OR security. Erecting temporary stand/stands would require planning permission and there’s just one road in been once years ago so can’t remember the housing situation, I would think anyone living nearby would object to the whole concept. Any Rugby based fans out there who could let us know.
Trouble is we need answers in just over a week and then again by April 26th and we are very nearly up the creek without a paddle. Desperation starting to creep in now.
You’re pretty much bang on - yes one suburban street leading to the ground. The owners on that street would probably have issues with thousands of fans arriving every two weeks rather than a couple hundred for rugby town (which would obviously be alternate weeks also!)

Haven’t been in a couple years but think loads would need to be done to the ground to handle the numbers not just to raise the capacity. Like segregation. Toilets, and refreshments. Does seems a big ask even if planning is granted.

ccfcway

My opinion is SISU will hold out until wasps go under in a couple or three years. And it is heading that way isn’t it?

Assuming that happens, surely the CCC wouldn’t give CCFC the stadium and just allow it to have a rental agreement. Don’t think that will help Sisu too much

Reactions: vow

Magwitch

Assuming that happens, surely the CCC wouldn’t give CCFC the stadium and just allow it to have a rental agreement. Don’t think that will help Sisu too much
Who actually owns the stadium is it Wasps as in this Derrick Richardson chap or is it ACL which could be separate to the actual rugby club.
We are told business wise the Ricoh is doing okay so I’d think it would continue as a going concern.

Sbarcher

The Planning process for upgrading Butlin Rd could easily take up to a year if there are objections.

Magwitch

If you live on that road leading to the ground surley you are bound to object, I would. One chance of a visit from Millwall would be enough.

CV22SBA

The Planning process for upgrading Butlin Rd could easily take up to a year if there are objections.
The ground is in better condition than a fair few I’ve been to in L2 & L1 the last couple of seasons. It currently holds 6K so any planning permission I guess would be over time to increase to 9K not from day 1. Segregation is also ok, Kidderminster took 2K the other season but I imagine we would just give a stand behind the goal.

Terry Gibson's perm

Who actually owns the stadium is it Wasps as in this Derrick Richardson chap or is it ACL which could be separate to the actual rugby club.
We are told business wise the Ricoh is doing okay so I’d think it would continue as a going concern.

I guess it’s how you judge ok it certainly doesn’t survive without sports teams there.

Magwitch

The ground is in better condition than a fair few I’ve been to in L2 & L1 the last couple of seasons. It currently holds 6K so any planning permission I guess would be over time to increase to 9K not from day 1. Segregation is also ok, Kidderminster took 2K the other season but I imagine we would just give a stand behind the goal.
But is it correct there is only one road to get to the ground and you would be talking being in use every week plus night games do you think local residents will accept that ?

Terry Gibson's perm

But is it correct there is only one road to get to the ground and you would be talking being in use every week plus night games do you think local residents will accept that ?

Will their council force them to accept it as we will bring a lot of money into the local area and the prestige of having a professional football club there something that is lost on the thicko’s within Coventry City Council

Reactions: vow

Magwitch

Will their council force them to accept it as we will bring a lot of money into the local area and the prestige of having a professional football club there something that is lost on the thicko’s within Coventry City Council
How can the council force acceptance ? Yes they can recommend and push for it but that would take time, a lot of it we have a month or a bit more perhaps. Unless we are further down the road than we are told there just isn’t the time as I see it and if it was it would be surely out in the open by now.

Terry Gibson's perm

How can the council force acceptance ? Yes they can recommend and push for it but that would take time, a lot of it we have a month or a bit more perhaps. Unless we are further down the road than we are told there just isn’t the time as I see it and if it was it would be surely out in the open by now.

How can the residents stop it they can complain about it but not a lot else and the council could push through the planning quickly for temporary stands as they aren’t Coventry council who are slow.

covboy1987

Haven't we all been through this pain before - Coventry have to play in Coventry full stop - EFL have said Coventry must play in Coventry - playing out of the city we will not attract the players or the fans and Robins for one will be off - a good offer has been put on the table take it and let us get on with supporting our team in our home city - if we play anywhere else the club will never improve and eventually end up non - league

Terry Gibson's perm

The whole thing maybe just to make London wasps blink first and offer a deal, I really hope not though actugh little ground like that could give us a real advantage compared to the Ricoh where everyone loves to come plus minimal away fans

CV22SBA

3 roads lead off Clifton Road to the ground. Butlin Road goes all the way to the ground. Townsend road leads onto Butlin Road so it’s just the last few yards where they are merged. Can’t remember the name of the 3rd.

Terry Gibson's perm

Haven't we all been through this pain before - Coventry have to play in Coventry full stop - EFL have said Coventry must play in Coventry - playing out of the city we will not attract the players or the fans and Robins for one will be off - a good offer has been put on the table take it and let us get on with supporting our team in our home city - if we play anywhere else the club will never improve and eventually end up non - league

Have I missed the good offer?

Magwitch

Segregation is also ok, Kidderminster took 2K the other season but I imagine we would just give a stand behind the goal.[/QUOTE]
Wasn’t there a lot of trouble that day, seem to remember a lot of court cases involving Kidderminster fans somewhere.

skyblue025

The more I think about it the more I smell bullshit. It's only going to take the police to object to it being stopped. Can't see them giving the nod if it's as people describe. Local residents are going to be up in arms. Sounds like another classic Fishface whopper.

Elvis Pressley

The whole thing maybe just to make London wasps blink first and offer a deal, I really hope not though actugh little ground like that could give us a real advantage compared to the Ricoh where everyone loves to come plus minimal away fans
Smoke screens again from SISU trying to get Wasps/CCC to move first.
Sometimes you have to use PROPAGANDA to give your situation leveridge ... And , this is what i ''Suspect'' Fisher was doing at the meeting yesterday . i honestly , wouldn't trust him in anything he said.

Brighton Sky Blue

Imagine trying to entice any half decent players to come to us with this piss take of a groundshare should it come to fruition.

Magwitch

3 roads lead off Clifton Road to the ground. Butlin Road goes all the way to the ground. Townsend road leads onto Butlin Road so it’s just the last few yards where they are merged. Can’t remember the name of the 3rd.
The more I think about it the more I smell bullshit. It's only going to take the police to object to it being stopped. Can't see them giving the nod if it's as people describe. Local residents are going to be up in arms. Sounds like another classic Fishface whopper.
My thoughts also if this was before Christmas with a few months to go before d-day I’d think there could be a chance but there’s just over a month and as it stands looks to me like locals not asked yet.

higgs

We could generate a cracking atmosphere if we filled it every week. If we bought it is there room to extend the capacity?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skyblue025

I agree I can't see Wasp/the council letting SISU get their hands on the stadium if Wasps go pop unless they are the highest bidder by a long way. I think they would rather it was housing than hand it over. What would it be worth to a developer? It's prime building land. Excellent road infrastructure, train station, shopping centre, restaurants. It ticks all the boxes. If we leave we might never get back. Best thing that can happen is JR 2 is thrown out at soon as possible. Hopefully that's the end of the legals, cost awarded and we can discuss staying at the Ricoh. Us fans can go back to the good old days and discuss football.

Users who are viewing this thread